Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a too wide gulf between Mythic and Mythic Keystone ''requirements''

I was actually very interested by the TOOLS OF THE TRADE change and dutifully started the questline today. My neighbors probably called the cops upon hearing someone scream with the accents of despair ''HOLY FRACK, NOT KING'S REST'' (but in French Canadian, with curse words)

I was pleasantly surprised to learn after that KING'S REST was not a Mythic only dungeon (I assumed it was). And dutifully tried to get a group for it, to get the non-dead mount non-dropping.

425 ilevel.

Now, I tried repeatedly to do Mythic dungeons in Legion, to very limited success (thanks to terrible guild woes back in CATA, I decided to cut the drama and just do stuff alone. Harder, but far less drama), never getting above level 7. Presumably because I'm DPS, playing off hours and with extremely limited patience, litteraly picking the first tank that is willing to. I understand why people want very skilled people, as this is actually harder than many raids. But frankly, Mythic 0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to learn after that KING'S REST was not a Mythic only dungeon (I assumed it was).
    KR and Siege are both Mythic only dungeons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Not since 8.1 anymore...

"Siege of Boralus and Kings’ Rest are now available on Heroic difficulty."
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=289122/...al-patch-notes
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-03-13 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I thought it was too, it's not.

Anyway I didn't get the OP's drift, did you try to get into a group and got declined because you don't have 425 ilvl? That must be a troll, nobody has 425 atm.
    https://www.wowprogress.com/gearscore/
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ilvl&class=Any
    Top people are 420 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Anyway I didn't get the OP's drift, did you try to get into a group and got declined because you don't have 425 ilvl? That must be a troll, nobody has 425 atm.
    https://www.wowprogress.com/gearscore/
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...ilvl&class=Any
    Top people are 420 max.
    Presumably, yes. I'm aware of it. With 392 gear, I think I can do KING'S REST.

So what exactly happened?

So you saw a group that had 425 ilvl in description and you immediately went on to the forums and made a topic about it?

I mean, I can see constantly groups for M+0 that have description like "2k RIO send cutting edge chievo" and other bullshit, it's just people taking piss.

As always, the answer to this is always the same..make your own group and run your own key.

i had zero problem getting invited to mythic 0 last week on my rogue which was in the 358-362 ilvl with invasion and emissaries gear only. Many people are doing world tours and the LFG was pretty full. of course the dungeons with a world quest up are a lot easier to find groups for.

The toon I run dungeons on is 1.4k IO and 408 ilvl and I get rejected too, like everybody else. So many people are queuing, people can afford to be picky.

Only way to skip all this is either build your own group or run with a regular group. PUGS will always have unrealistic expectations and want the easiest run possible, it's human nature.

i have and always will have the same opinion that the system is flawed.

its flawed because people know that they are getting rejected by human being .

its flawed on psychological level .

i bet you right now that most of people would rather sit in que for 1 hour but be guaranteed they get in instead being rejected by anonymus nobody on internet.

this is why lobby based games are so much more popular. because there is no human factor there.

i think that this system would work so much better if had alternative of automated grouping but with system evaluating how high and how many dungeons of X or Y type you did with how much succes etc but done by machine rather then manualy by raider.io. then people with 0 "Score" would be grouped with other people with similiar score and could work together - but it would prevent for example people with 0 score demanding 2000 score from others.

lobby games do it with huge succes - only blizzard is too stubborn listening to toxic elitest part of playerbase are refuses to move where everybody are .

I don't want you in my group either unless you're 425 ilevel and silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Especially when it comes to base Mythic I cannot fathom why it is not something you can queue for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Mythic 0 to +5 should also be added to random queue. Educating people and giving a break to alts and returning players is not bad idea.

On contrary giving players power to decide who plays and who doesn't is what fucked this game beyond recognition.
    God no. Automatic queues and direct teleports is what ruined heroic dungeons and made Blizz come up with one more difficulty - the mythic.

You assemble the group, you travel to the entrance and go through the portal - as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    God no. Automatic queues and direct teleports is what ruined heroic dungeons and made Blizz come up with one more difficulty - the mythic.

You assemble the group, you travel to the entrance and go through the portal - as it should be.
    here is where you are wrong.

first you get to get through wall of 1-2 hours of constant declines to group.

disencouraging most of people from even use this tool.

it should be all automated with keeping in game option to manualy make groups for guilds and communities .

dont worry you will get your precious vanilla with 3 hours long searching for tanks very soon .

7-8 is where it starts to hurt and you have to be mindful of what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Especially when it comes to base Mythic I cannot fathom why it is not something you can queue for.
    I can understand it when it is still top end content. After 8.1 it should be que-able. At this point its just for alt grind up or social rejects that never learned being told no is ok. No reason for alts to have to slog though the garbage (although group making should still be an option) and people to special to be told no in life will never learn anyway. Momma and poppa already let them down earlier in life. The obvious reason its not is the lockout though.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-03-13 at 11:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

425 ilevel.

I understand why people want very skilled people, as this is actually harder than many raids. But frankly, Mythic 0 ?
    TL;DR - This is why we can't have nice things

Overall, the player base has gotten worse over the years. Even if you ignore the clearly absurd 425 ilvl request for a M0, I see tons of runs with absurdly high ilvl requests. There are too many players that don't want to actually play the game...they want super-easy mode where they race through each dungeon / raid and just get to the drop (or a chance to get a rare drop).

It is increasingly common to see players drop out of PvP or M+ runs after even minor stumbles. What used to be rare is now almost expected.

In fairness, some of this is Blizz's fault. Rather than providing a compelling experience anymore, the game is filled with achievements, xmog gear, pets, mounts, and the same gear (but higher ilvl) designed to have you run the same already-completed content over and over again...simply because it is much cheaper to do it this way (M+ affixes are designed once, reskinning a new pet or mount is dirt cheap). Most people really don't want to run dungeon X for the 50th time in 6 months...and the game didn't used to be that way. (Yes, there was always and will always be some element of grind...but this is forcing you to grind with substantially less overall content than what was provided long ago...just look up the sheer number of dungeons in, say, BC compared to the past several expansions).

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    here is where you are wrong.

first you get to get through wall of 1-2 hours of constant declines to group.

disencouraging most of people from even use this tool.

it should be all automated with keeping in game option to manualy make groups for guilds and communities .

dont worry you will get your precious vanilla with 3 hours long searching for tanks very soon .
    Well, considering LFD system's vital part is the instant teleport in and out, we can see such thing not happening in near nor far future, as Blizz is clearly against that design, when it comes to relevant difficulty content.

I personally give 0 shits about classic, but I do care about shitty design decisions that ruin the game for me.

Expanding LFD/LFR past the irrelevant braind-dead difficulty level (which mythic+0, or m+1 or m+5 would become) is one of them.

It's amazing though, how we can have such conflicting messages coming from people playing (allegedly) the same game - on one hand, you have people claiming that ilvl means shit as you can get 420 titanforges from collecting bear asses or afking in a warfront, and then you have people who complain that they can't get their ilvl high enough. maybe getting the ilvl that high is just plain bullshit and you actually have to work for it, even if it means that you will overcome your biggest, most dreaded nighmares and fears... and hit that "Start Group" button.

I was actually very interested by the TOOLS OF THE TRADE change and dutifully started the questline today. My neighbors probably called the cops upon hearing someone scream with the accents of despair ''HOLY FRACK, NOT KING'S REST'' (but in French Canadian, with curse words)

I was pleasantly surprised to learn after that KING'S REST was not a Mythic only dungeon (I assumed it was). And dutifully tried to get a group for it, to get the non-dead mount non-dropping.

425 ilevel.

Now, I tried repeatedly to do Mythic dungeons in Legion, to very limited success (thanks to terrible guild woes back in CATA, I decided to cut the drama and just do stuff alone. Harder, but far less drama), never getting above level 7. Presumably because I'm DPS, playing off hours and with extremely limited patience, litteraly picking the first tank that is willing to. I understand why people want very skilled people, as this is actually harder than many raids. But frankly, Mythic 0 ?
    So, the problem is you can't find a group?

You already wrote out why that's a problem for you:

- You're DPS (the least looked for role in pugs)
    - Limited patience
    - Playing off hours
    - Picking the first available tank that signs up

Especially the patience thing is something you will need. But in the end it's just a mount, I guess? Seems you prefer to not be patient over getting the mount.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post

Except that Mythic 0-5 are completely braindead and the only reason why they're not queuable is so that the playerbase gets to play gatekeeper. Ever since Wrath and GearScore the playerbase has repeatedly demonstrated it's inability to set appropriate gear levels for doing content. I mean I understand I prefer my pugs to be very well geared as well, but not the point where I set the min ilevel to something ludicrously high.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

If the dungeons were enjoyable then I might consider bringing people of same ilvl but since they are some of the worst ones ever produced I'd rather blast through them