Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I had a level 19 and a 29 pvp twink back in vanilla. Got pretty much almost all bis items after a while, you just have to start getting your gear early enough. Even had to walk to ashenvale to queue for WSG, ahh good old times.

There is no need for a npc to disable xp.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-03-13 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    I had a Rank13 Hunter in Vanilla. I won so many WSGs all by myself...
    Good for you, this is a thread about twinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Loot trading will be in Classic, so the farming issue (outside of doing quests) is moot.
    Well the route to getting the STV quest rewards is already pretty tight, and has there been an official announcement on loot trading being in classic? Because that's a huge change.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Good for you, this is a thread about twinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the route to getting the STV quest rewards is already pretty tight, and has there been an official announcement on loot trading being in classic? Because that's a huge change.
    Ion announced loot trading in Classic at BlizzCon (along with several other examples of minor things that don't make a lot of sense to revert).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion announced loot trading in Classic at BlizzCon (along with several other examples of minor things that don't make a lot of sense to revert).
    Good to know. In any case, the loot would only be tradeable to those in the dungeon right? Which means you'd still have a finite (albeit much greater) amount of runs in which you could hope to get the items you're looking for.

Do you plan on twinking, and if so, do you support the NPC that hard caps your character at a certain level (the one that was added in WotLK... I believe)?
    I hope there are #nochanges as far as how XP is rewarded with the battlegrounds. That is to say you only receive XP for turning in (3) marks of honor and the marks stack to 100 max.

As far as Twinking goes, for me it depends on how many toons you can have per server. As an altoholic if we're only allowed 8 per realm I may only twink a priest. If we get 9 or more I will almost definitely have a few low level twinks eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Good to know. In any case, the loot would only be tradeable to those in the dungeon right? Which means you'd still have a finite (albeit much greater) amount of runs in which you could hope to get the items you're looking for.
    Yes, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, obviously.
    Right, but I was initially responding to someone saying that since loot sharing was implemented exp. gain in dungeons was a moot point.

It obviously isn't.

Accidently walk into an unknown area on the map.... Ding lvl up.... awww shit. No QOL here.

Twinks didn't have all spells available to them. That was a huge downer for me, and why I never liked them. I did level a secondary toon in vanilla, but kept her at level 59. The only reason I didn't ding 60 is because it was late vanilla, and perhaps I wanted to do BGs on another class without having to go against people who have been level 60 for awhile. So keeping her at 59 was ideal for me. And when TBC hit, she was close enough to level 60 to be good to go right out of the box and go to Outland.

I loved twinking and the gear up process, my lvl 19 rogue was really nice and my 49 mage (getting the legs from zulfarrak BoE took forever). The sword from shadowfang keep a guild mate gave me, but I have done over 1k runs without any luck. TBC was imba in one way, being able to duel lvl 40s

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, obviously.
    the setup I am not seeing discussed is 2 accounts - a level 60 on one, and twinks on the other. for lower-level twinking (not sure about 39), it 'should' be possible to be bis barring very rare drops by just having the 60 clear the dungeon to the needed boss, bring the twink into group, kill, leave dungeon (or get far enough away for no xp from kills), continue with dungeon to next needed boss, repeat.

at this point the main challenge is making a list of all attain levels/dungeon entry levels with drops needed, and watching ah as early as possible for relevant boe's.

For the record, I think blizzard will find a way to put a stick in the spokes on twinking.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2019-03-17 at 03:57 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.