Poll: Which potential future Allied Race would you anticipate the most?

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lightborne won't be a race, it's a future set up for undead paladins. Vulpera >goblins of any sort, I personally know several people that will make one but won't touch a gilgoblin.

Horde will get mogu, developer let that slip and questing inzuldazar further suggests it.

Mechajunker gnomes of some sort for the alliance.
    Some form of jinyu for the alliance.
    Also island expedition suggests traveling to the dragon isles, so most likely some form of dragon race.

Last point, wow has a huge market in China, Soo you have to remember a race this expansion has to appeal to them, so San'layn makes the most sense as the undead counter part, sylvanas will probably find a way to make more and make nathanos the leader

7+ Year Old Account
    and after many pages baffle me how people want the lighforged undead, and why this is somehow appealing to the alliance fanbase

if this is not jut for the sake of parity my god i don't know, then later alliance ask why they got dogshit races and cry about horde bias.

I finally did the Mag'har unlock last night. I kind of think the Stonemaul part was a tease to Ogres or Mok'Nathal.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Ogres would ge 100% led by Rexxar if they were to join the horde.
    Sethrak don’t use Worgen skeleton.
    I thought about that, but I'm not sure what is going to be Rexxar's fate this expansion, especially since he's the killer of Daelin Proudmoore. All of Kul Tiras wants him dead/imprisoned. Also, I wouldn't want Rexxar losing the opportunity at being a racial leader for Mok'Nathal down the road.

And you're right. Looking at the model again, it seems like it's more of a mix between the male and female worgen models. It seems relatively unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    4/10 No Mention of Original Skin Elven races like San'layn and Half/High Elves.

But I do hope Wildhammer Dwarves and Forest Trolls become playable.
    I mentioned them in the OP when I detailed why I didn't add them.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't know why they don't just put a blonde hair /light skin option in for the Void elves. Wouldn't that kill most of the HE discussion?

On topic,

Gnoll for Alliance!

I'll be pissed if it's junker gnomes as so few people even want to play normal gnomes. It would be a lot of work for models that nobody wants to play. (but then look at kt female).

Vulpera I'm positive would end up FAR more popular than anyone expects. These cute furry races always are.
    Gnolls have notoriously been an enemy to the Alliance. I hope your suggestion wasn't serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loserchampion View Post
    Where's my San'layn or undead elves? I don't like any of the races listed :P
    Purposefully left them out with reasons detailed in the OP. Sorry. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Saberon! Recruit them from Draenor like we did the Mag'har Orcs. Class wise off the top of my head, I would definitely call Druid, Rogue, and Shaman.
    They cook and eat other humanoids like orcs:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Murgok#Quotes

Also, it appears that the shaman of the Laughing Skull clan find many uses for saberon hearts, so I don't think they'd join the Horde any time soon. lol

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Steamscar_%22Reagents%22
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    They cook and eat other humanoids like orcs:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Murgok#Quotes
    As a Forsaken I use cannibalize on daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Also, it appears that the shaman of the Laughing Skull clan find many uses for saberon hearts, so I don't think they'd join the Horde any time soon. lol

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Steamscar_%22Reagents%22
    I killed many Nightborne in Suramar and yet I play one right now.

If you guys would allow me further speculation on the less likely end of the spectrum, I've been thinking of another alternative.
    Do you guys remember these?

They are K'thir, evil void cultists from stormsong. Probably just villain fodder. https://wow.gamepedia.com/K%27thir

But I've been thinking...
    For one, they use the undead rig and even model wise it's built from the undead model. Which means, from a technical standpoint, they could be playable.

But most importantly, I've been thinking about Sylvanas, Xalatath (Kaifu) and Ashvane.
    We know that Ashvane was at one point the final boss of Siege of Boralus. And with the heavy hints that she was working for Azshara, many assumed she would appear as an Ursula inspired octopus lady at the end. Though that was later scrapped and an actual octopus became the final boss.
    We know Sylvanas rescues Ashvane and she intends to use her for something. We also know that Xalatath (an old god blade) will fall into Sylvanas' hands, who tells us she will use it to her advantage in the war. Now this could amount to many different things of course.
    But one of the ideas that popped into my head was that we could see an octopus/void Ashvane lead an allied race of K'thir on the horde side, maybe swayed over to the horde by Sylvanas with her alliance with Ashvane and the power of Xalatath.

It would sort of fit in terms of parity, if Horde get an allied race from Zandalar (Vulpera) and an allied race from Kultiras(K'thir), and the Alliance gets an allied race from Kultiras (Junker Gnomes - I have a suspicion Mechagon was meant to either be a part of the continent, or underground) and Sethrak from Zandalar. Shrine of the Storm and Temple of Sethraliss sort of match and could become race hubs for K'thir and Sethrak.

I mean, I know it's very, VERY, unlikely. In an expansion where we'll fight old god servants and probably N'zoth, it would be very awkward to be playing a K'thir. But I had to share. It's definitely not a hill I'd die on.

With the Alliance having Void elves and Lightforged draenei, there's sort of a theme that void or light don't necessarily make antagonists/protagonists, and don't invalidate playable races. So with a lack of a distinctly void race in the horde, why not K'thir? :P

Again, it's a crackpot theory, don't be mad at me. I just enjoy speculating

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    With the Alliance having Void elves and Lightforged draenei, there's sort of a theme that void or light don't necessarily make antagonists/protagonists, and don't invalidate playable races. So with a lack of a distinctly void race in the horde, why not K'thir? :P

I would LOVE this (as long as they can be priest for my Shadow main).

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I would LOVE this (as long as they can be priest for my Shadow main).
    Me too! If they'd ever become playable I would most definitely play a shadow priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Horde: Mok' Nathal, Ogres, Centaurs.
    Alliance: Furbolg, Jinyu, Wildhammer dwarves.
    Wildhammer Dwarves are over do! (They should have added them a while ago, but at this point, they should be added together with a less "unique" race for the horde -Gilbling?-, as they are not that unique for the Alliance either -or add it as a 2 combo, like they forming a new clan with the Frostborne to eventually modify the "Council of the Three hammers" to the "Council of the Four Hammers")

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    If you guys would allow me further speculation on the less likely end of the spectrum, I've been thinking of another alternative.
    Do you guys remember these?

They are K'thir, evil void cultists from stormsong. Probably just villain fodder. https://wow.gamepedia.com/K%27thir

But I've been thinking...
    For one, they use the undead rig and even model wise it's built from the undead model. Which means, from a technical standpoint, they could be playable.

But most importantly, I've been thinking about Sylvanas, Xalatath (Kaifu) and Ashvane.
    We know that Ashvane was at one point the final boss of Siege of Boralus. And with the heavy hints that she was working for Azshara, many assumed she would appear as an Ursula inspired octopus lady at the end. Though that was later scrapped and an actual octopus became the final boss.
    We know Sylvanas rescues Ashvane and she intends to use her for something. We also know that Xalatath (an old god blade) will fall into Sylvanas' hands, who tells us she will use it to her advantage in the war. Now this could amount to many different things of course.
    But one of the ideas that popped into my head was that we could see an octopus/void Ashvane lead an allied race of K'thir on the horde side, maybe swayed over to the horde by Sylvanas with her alliance with Ashvane and the power of Xalatath.

It would sort of fit in terms of parity, if Horde get an allied race from Zandalar (Vulpera) and an allied race from Kultiras(K'thir), and the Alliance gets an allied race from Kultiras (Junker Gnomes - I have a suspicion Mechagon was meant to either be a part of the continent, or underground) and Sethrak from Zandalar. Shrine of the Storm and Temple of Sethraliss sort of match and could become race hubs for K'thir and Sethrak.

I mean, I know it's very, VERY, unlikely. In an expansion where we'll fight old god servants and probably N'zoth, it would be very awkward to be playing a K'thir. But I had to share. It's definitely not a hill I'd die on.

So, here's the thing. While it's true that the Ren'dorei are also playable, the Ren'dorei were just studying the Void to use it as a weapon to protect their people, the Sin'dorei. They were just careless scholars who got caught in a ritual that was turning them into Void monsters. The K'thir are literally psycopaths who willingly sold their souls to the God of the Deep, that's how they got their forms in the first place. Because of their very backstory, I don't see how a "good" K'thir could exist.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-03-14 at 09:15 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

So many furries and gnome lovers. The former are just mentals while the latter are a joke considering almost nobody plays gnomes.

Sethrak and Mok'Nathal are the only Allied Race worthy additions. Maybe Ogres too but those are just fat slobs and Goldshire has already received Kul'Tirans.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    So, here's the thing. While it's true that the Ren'dorei are also playable, the Ren'dorei were just studying the Void to use it as a weapon to protect their people, the Sin'dorei. They were just careless scholars who got caught in a ritual that was turning them into Void monsters. The K'thir are literally psycopaths who willingly sold their souls to the God of the Deep, that's how they got their forms in the first place. Because of their very backstory, I don't see how a "good" K'thir could exist.
    Not all of them. Some of them were turned against their will in Stormsong, if memory serves me right.
    But it's a crackpot theory anyway I'm aware :P I just had fun speculating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Wildhammer Dwarves are over do! (They should have added them a while ago, but at this point, they should be added together with a less "unique" race for the horde -Gilbling?-, as they are not that unique for the Alliance either -or add it as a 2 combo, like they forming a new clan with the Frostborne to eventually modify the "Council of the Three hammers" to the "Council of the Four Hammers")
    I like the idea of the frostborne linking up with the rest of the dwarves.

What ever happened to the San'layn hype?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What ever happened to the San'layn hype?
    Nothing, it's still around if you know where to look, but I suspect they were always a long shot. They're elves of a different color and I suspect Blizzard isn't going to jam anymore pointy eared folks down our throats anytime soon.

For the remainder of BfA the best bet is still some combination of Vulpera, Sethrak, Junker Gnome, Lightborn or fresh (think Nathanos) looking Undead, and perhaps those Deep Sea Jinyu looking things, basically anything that is part of the BfA story arc. After 9.0, if they want to keep this system rolling we may start to see the blast from the past type races, Wildhammer, Arakoa, Ogre or Half Ogre, Naga, etc...
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-03-15 at 12:01 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I think the inevitabilities among the allied race pool are as follows:

-Vulpera for the horde
    -Sethrak for the alliance

We are still “owed” goblin and worgen knockoffs. The Vulpera are soundly horde, would be incompatible with the Sethrak in the same faction, and present a perfect dichotomy to the Sethrak. They’re a shoe-in as an allied race pair.

-Some kind of mechanical gnome for the alliance
    -Ogres for the horde

Yes, I know, no one plays gnomes. Except they do, minority as they may be, and they deserve an allied race option.

WoW are the masters of stretching their assets, allied races are another example of this, and there’s no way they made a new rig for Kul Tirans without plans to get more out of it. Enter horde ogres.

-The undead angle is too early to call.

The factions are in flux, and the deconstruction of the pillars of the conflict are ongoing. One of those pillars is the abject villainy baked into the forsaken. Sylvanas (another pillar)is in the process of being distanced from the horde, which leaves a chance for the forsaken to be redefined, under Calia, as the far less villainous true patriots of Lordaeron. As much as various undead concepts could make for an allied race, and yes the forsaken are owed a knockoff, this is too early to call, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Nothing, it's still around if you know where to look, but I suspect they were always a long shot. They're elves of a different color and I suspect Blizzard isn't going to jam anymore pointy eared folks down our throats anytime soon.

For the remainder of BfA the best bet is still some combination of Vulpera, Sethrak, Junker Gnome, Lightborn or fresh (think Nathanos) looking Undead, and perhaps those Deep Sea Jinyu looking things, basically anything that is part of the BfA story arc. After 9.0, if they want to keep this system rolling we may start to see the blast from the past type races, Wildhammer, Arakoa, Ogre or Half Ogre, Naga, etc...
    A part of me think that Sethrak is mostly a "hopefull though", unlike the Vulpera they don't have that many things that point it out as a possible AR, but damn it all, they look so cool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    So many furries and gnome lovers. The former are just mentals while the latter are a joke considering almost nobody plays gnomes.
    But Vulpera are cute savages!, also if the idea of a race comming from the Azshara patch, as some people point the possibility of the Feral looking Jinyu joining the Alliance, if that end up happening then its likely the Horde get the amazing Gilbling, i mean who doesn't want to be a Gilbling (most people)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I like the idea of the frostborne linking up with the rest of the dwarves.
    I mean... Muradin was their leader for a while, so its plausible for him to make them join the Alliance

Wildhammer have technically already been added. When dwarves gained the ability to be Shaman, the principle behind that was the Shaman you created was part of the Wildhammer Dwarves. Seeing as they've been friendly with IF and are found in IF, while DI also have Shaman, they weren't particularly friendly at that point. At best neutral.
    Not saying they couldn't do WH Dwarves, but if asked Blizz will likely say "are they not playable already?"

A part of me think that Sethrak is mostly a "hopefull though", unlike the Vulpera they don't have that many things that point it out as a possible AR, but damn it all, they look so cool

- - - Updated - - -

But Vulpera are cute savages!, also if the idea of a race comming from the Azshara patch, as some people point the possibility of the Feral looking Jinyu joining the Alliance, if that end up happening then its likely the Horde get the amazing Gilbling, i mean who doesn't want to be a Gilbling (most people)

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... Muradin was their leader for a while, so its plausible for him to make them join the Alliance
    They should be eaten, not invited as Allied Race. I would rather have Naga turning into elves than those odd jinyu.