Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    you also got a new bg, micro holidays new stuff for the darkmoon fairy, additions for the professions. New Story.

What's wrong with all of you? I get that you don't like it. I get that you think that it's not enough. But again: just because you don't like doesn't mean that it's not there.

There is new stuff, alot actually. Alot that many people do enjoy. I'm also not one of them but you can't just say that there is nothing when it'S actually not true.
    Wintergrasp is not a new BG. It's an upscale of an existing Battleground. It literally has the same mechanics, same objectives, vehicles and even the 2 quests. All they had to do was lock it in an instance to avoid people getting out of course, scale it to 120 and fix any bugs.

Upscaling content is not new. Same with when they made Onyxia level 80.

Micro Holidays are godawful and a waste of resources. However I'll at least give them credit for finally making content that doesn't have huge carrot on sticks to keep people subbed/playing. Just a shame the content they chose to do it with has no meaning.

Profession "tools of the trade" stuff is either rubbish or weaker versions of already existing things.

All they literally added to DMF was another way to get the XP buff. The rollercoaster is literally something you click and then AFK on just like the carousel. I mean I can't fathom how someone would find that fun or meaningful.

There is nothing of worth in this patch. There is stuff but none of it is meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Yeh, this is what I was thinking. In Legion we had Trial of Valour, Kara and Nighthold at this point in time. However I will admit that the new mega dungeon is a whole new dungeon and not a re-work of an existing one (albeit a damn good re-work).
    We also will have 2 new zones, and not just a zone that was already there, and a shitty one at that, oh and that beautiful timegated story of 7.2, it was.. I can't talk about it or I'll cry.

The only good thing about 7.2 was the mage tower and maybe the raid, 8.2 points out to be way more promising than 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    leveling from 1-120 for the 14th time isn't new content.

isn't out

6 new bosses, the rest are recycled.

Gonna ask where the new content is again, since the only new content we've actually had is 1 new raid (and warfront, lmfao) in the 7 months its been out.
    not to mention that this expansion was just completed with 8.1. you could argue that some things added still only completes the basic experience. still i find stuff to do. even if i have to agree that most things i do arent fun and i am basicly waiting for other games to appear which i would like much more to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskariott View Post
    not to mention that this expansion was just completed with 8.1. you could argue that some things added still only completes the basic experience. still i find stuff to do. even if i have to agree that most things i do arent fun and i am basicly waiting for other games to appear which i would like much more to play.
    To be honest considering they are changing core systems yet again because they finally realise that people in Beta were right I'd say it's not complete until 8.2 personally.

8.1.5 definitely put the top of the cake on it but 8.2 is the cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no game ever will offer you infinite content

and this seems to be what you people want.

game with constant infinite content

this will never happen.

this "game" with infinite (albeit finite ) content is called REAL LIFE.

- - - Updated - - -

i doubt it . they are clearly stretching content because they realised that they released BfA way to early.

imo you should expect much longer mid tiers - like current tier lasting till early august with naga invasions coming in june (aka patch 8.2 releasing without raid which will come in 8.2.5 ) and then last tier releasing in november / december (8.3) and final raid coming in january / february 2020 (8.3.5) and lasting till september/october.
    Nah, raid of 8.2 will come soon after patch launch, blizzard has already said so, not in 8.2.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    3 hours worth of cut scenes would be acceptable content in my book. I'm on board with that idea. Maybe with several questlines in between that makes the cut scenes feel rewarding and engaging. Blizzard does a fine job with cut scenes and cinematics and it's a shame there are so little of them in the game.

But then again, that wouldn't be repeatable content like raids and dungeons so idk.
    We are having more in this expansion than the others, and they are neat, at least for me, the last one with Derek is just amazing.

Wintergraap labelled as nrw BG Is the quintessence of hypocrisy from players.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    Only because you don't like the new content doesn't mean that there is no content.
    So much this. I don't like the new races, nor interested in the additions to the brawlers guild but I'm no hater, so I can't say "there's no content".

How can be do the same m+ over and over and over and over for rng proc on an item that you have already can be considered

Content?

What about adding new content to the current content to make it worth doing and farming?

BfA is literally a washed Legion

M+ gives no reward for doing +15 beside the rng of loot, at least Legion had Artifact Skin.

WQ were already boring at ToV launch

PvP Is incredibile that there isnt a soloQ system like any pvp-moba-fps game, but still we have LFG that Is a trash pile of Russia Booster ADs

PvE had to add top 100 title to makes people join Mythic Raiding sinc with 4 difficulties people doesn't really care above Normal or HC

No solo content : Tower Mage?

No challenge content : CM? Epic Quest?

But Hey 2 new Races to istant level in TE within 8 hours of farm.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    We also will have 2 new zones, and not just a zone that was already there, and a shitty one at that, oh and that beautiful timegated story of 7.2, it was.. I can't talk about it or I'll cry.

The only good thing about 7.2 was the mage tower and maybe the raid, 8.2 points out to be way more promising than 7.2
    That is a fair point. I am hoping the new zones will be good, as 7.2 was a bit of a let down (after the initial quest to setup the forward base). I am just hoping the content comes out in the next few months as I am up for some new quests and a large dungeon to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Allied Races ain't any amount of content at all.

As I said it's a paid service to sell boosts/race changes. Blizzard know that.
    Its even worse for players, like myself, who don't play alts and have no desire to in BFA. I play a DH, and can't change races into these new races. Having no interest in alts, i get absolutely notta outta the main feature of BFA.

Sure, i could play alts but why would i want to do that? Why couldn't blizz just lift DH restrictions when EVERY OTHER CLASS RESTRICTION has been removed years ago?

It isn't that big of a deal though, i don't like the 'new' races of recolored elves, humans, dwarves, tauren... anyway. Where are the really unique races like Centaur, murloc, naga, and so much more? Instead, we get the most generic ones possible.

So, as a player who doesn't have interest in alts and can't race change.... what does BFA bring so far besides losing a ton of power from legion, and new raids? The raid is fine, but if my character isn't as fun to play as before it's gonna feel less fun. Hence, why BFA has seen an exodus

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    That is a fair point. I am hoping the new zones will be good, as 7.2 was a bit of a let down (after the initial quest to setup the forward base). I am just hoping the content comes out in the next few months as I am up for some new quests and a large dungeon to explore.
    Agreed, at least the naga zone will be good, I have a lot of faith in it. Mechagon on the other side they said it would be small but hey, it's another zone with quests and a mega dungeon. I really want them to do it awesome.

Just the zones with a lot of storyline and some new mobs, a raid and a dungeon is good enough for me, if we add the "rework" of the azerite system and maybe some other stuff and they do it right this will be the best .2 patch released to date.

I'm hyped for the PTR, it'll come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Its even worse for players, like myself, who don't play alts and have no desire to in BFA. I play a DH, and can't change races into these new races. Having no interest in alts, i get absolutely notta outta the main feature of BFA.

Sure, i could play alts but why would i want to do that? Why couldn't blizz just lift DH restrictions when EVERY OTHER CLASS RESTRICTION has been removed years ago?

It isn't that big of a deal though, i don't like the 'new' races of recolored elves, humans, dwarves, tauren... anyway. Where are the really unique races like Centaur, murloc, naga, and so much more? Instead, we get the most generic ones possible.

So, as a player who doesn't have interest in alts and can't race change.... what does BFA bring so far besides losing a ton of power from legion, and new raids? The raid is fine, but if my character isn't as fun to play as before it's gonna feel less fun. Hence, why BFA has seen an exodus
    DH restriction is actually not that bad though.

DK doesn't have it anymore so all you have to do is level 15 levels and bam free 100. That is good game design.

However Allied Races aren't. It's taking core features and timegating them to make cash. It's scummy.

As I said I bet people would flat out pay for these races if they threw them on the store... or classes. Then the game would be P2W because knowing Blizzard they'd make the store ones more OP.

It's a damn shame that this company is now comparable to the likes of EA.

Clearly don't when you try to proclaim we are some "voice of truth" just for being critical.

And judging by the mass exodus WoW has had with players going to other games recently I'll say it's most certainly not a minority.
    It's not a mass Exodus. You should see how insanely crowded the world still is. Good luck getting into tol dagor without getting gang rekt by 50 horde any time of the day. So yes you truly truly are the vocal minority. The whole forum population are a fraction of the population, 89% or more of my guild never venture out into the forums, ever. I do not think wow is perfect and bfa at launch is among one of my least favorite xpacs. I like what they have done to correct it and I'm having fun along with millions and millions of others.

5+ Year Old Account

Tbh the last time that some race/class combo restrictions were lifted was in freaking Cataclysm. Maybe in the next xpac (tm).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh the last time that some race/class combo restrictions were lifted was in freaking Cataclysm. Maybe in the next xpac (tm).
    Nah DKs was in 2015 so around WoD time. Although I'll go check that.

But DH isn't that bad. You only have to play 15 levels of the game to unlock it. Which is good design.

DH restriction is actually not that bad though.

DK doesn't have it anymore so all you have to do is level 15 levels and bam free 100. That is good game design.

However Allied Races aren't. It's taking core features and timegating them to make cash. It's scummy.

As I said I bet people would flat out pay for these races if they threw them on the store... or classes. Then the game would be P2W because knowing Blizzard they'd make the store ones more OP.

It's a damn shame that this company is now comparable to the likes of EA.
    That's... not what i'm talking about?

I'm talking about how DH, the class, can only be blood elf or night elf. We have only the one option per faction... even though the expansion is about ADDING new races. it was the perfect chance to say "hey these new elves can learn it too!"

Instead, i'm left unable to use the main feature of the expac because "lore" even though "lore" went out the window for wow classes 10 years ago.

I have no interest in alts, so what can i actually get out of the main selling point of BFA? Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah DKs was in 2015 so around WoD time. Although I'll go check that.

But DH isn't that bad. You only have to play 15 levels of the game to unlock it. Which is good design.
    That isn't what i meant at all. playing 15 levels is fine, it's more along the lines of "We are releasing a ton of new races as the main feature this expac!.... DH mains need not apply!"

That's... not what i'm talking about?

I'm talking about how DH, the class, can only be blood elf or night elf. We have only the one option per faction... even though the expansion is about ADDING new races. it was the perfect chance to say "hey these new elves can learn it too!"

Instead, i'm left unable to use the main feature of the expac because "lore" even though "lore" went out the window for wow classes 10 years ago.

I have no interest in alts, so what can i actually get out of the main selling point of BFA? Nothing.
    Oh sorry. My bad I misread mate.

To be honest they just need to open up every race/class now. Who bloody cares if a Gnome can be a Druid or a Pandaren a DK?

I mean they stopped caring about "muh lore" when they made Night Elf Mages.

But yeah Nightborne and Void Elves should absolutely have the option of Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    It's not a mass Exodus. You should see how insanely crowded the world still is. Good luck getting into tol dagor without getting gang rekt by 50 horde any time of the day. So yes you truly truly are the vocal minority. The whole forum population are a fraction of the population, 89% or more of my guild never venture out into the forums, ever. I do not think wow is perfect and bfa at launch is among one of my least favorite xpacs. I like what they have done to correct it and I'm having fun along with millions and millions of others.
    That's just sharding confusing you though. It's populated because sharding gives the illusion of such.

If you were limited to just your realm like in the old expacs, you'd be singing a different tune. The fact that we play with 100+ diff realms always gives the illusion of a full world, when in reality, it's more empty than ever.

It's a trick games have been doing for years.

That's just sharding confusing you though. It's populated because sharding gives the illusion of such.

If you were limited to just your realm like in the old expacs, you'd be singing a different tune. The fact that we play with 100+ diff realms always gives the illusion of a full world, when in reality, it's more empty than ever.

It's a trick games have been doing for years.
    Yep. Take away sharding on a server such as Saurfang EU and you'll see how low pop it is. And it's connected with 2 other servers.