Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Beto's speechs are quite impressive, not sure what else he has that qualifies his as a President, of course that means he's 1 up comparing to the "I have the best words" POTUS. Apparently he doesnt even know where he gets the words from.

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a "good" guy with a healthy view on the US etc. and he might do a good job, Biden just seems like a much better bet.
    I dunno, Beto's speech was weird.

"I don't know where these words are coming from, but I was born to be president"

What?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    So Beto lies are OK? The rationalization of your double standard here is FUCKING HILARIOUS.
    There's a difference between changing one's mind on running a campaign (Beto) and literally lying about everything under the sun out of a force of habit (Trump.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Everyone forgets to put Castro on their list. Feels bad.

Booker is now up on my list because he is now dating Rosario Dawson. We need bae in office.
    Castro's had zero time in the limelight.

And I feel bad because I had to look up Rosario Dawson due to a brain fart. Claire from Daredevil . . . duh.
    Putin khuliyo

So Beto lies are OK? The rationalization of your double standard here is FUCKING HILARIOUS.
    Nope. He is just better than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Nope. He is just better than Trump.
    That is not hard. Literal pond scum is better than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    That is not hard. Literal pond scum is better than Trump.
    I mean, Beto changed his mind, with the urging of other people. Trump lies about the size of fucking crowds, lies about the size of his hands because he literally had people photoshop his pictures to make them look bigger. And people like Doc still support Trump.

That corporate shill and backstabber Oprah supports him. Won’t be voting.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Impressive fundraising numbers by Beto. Easily defeated all other current candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for him in 2018, not sure if I would vote for him for presidency though. Will have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

So trump lies are ok? Look who has a double standard now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySweet View Post
    Impressive fundraising numbers by Beto. Easily defeated all other current candidates.
    Which makes him a prime candidate for VP.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I voted for him in 2018, not sure if I would vote for him for presidency though. Will have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

So trump lies are ok? Look who has a double standard now.
    No...Trump's lies are not OK.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

This place has been quite about but leftists are losing their mind over beto outraising Bernie.

If he has the momentum why not?

This place has been quite about but leftists are losing their mind over beto outraising Bernie.

If he has the momentum why not?
    Yes, Bernie fans are upset that Bernie isn't the hot new candidate on the block the second time around. We're largely ignoring them because it's not worth the time/effort.

Whining about "leftists" continues to be super exciting and interesting, though.

All show, no substance, at least for now.

I get that people like his optimism...but is his only claim to fame that he gave Ted Cruz a close race?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    All show, no substance, at least for now.

I get that people like his optimism...but is his only claim to fame that he gave Ted Cruz a close race?
    Honestly, that's my take. Like I've mentioned previously, his voting history leaves much to be desired and really makes him more of a "Republican-lite" than a Democrat. I can't vote in the primaries but he would not be my pick if I could.

Obviously if it comes down to him versus Trump I'll be voting for Beto, but it'll be because I'll be voting for the only competent one between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    At this point in the republican primary Jeb Bush was the top candidate....
    I would kill to have Jeb Bush in office right now

A bit misleading, since the bulk of those numbers are corporate backings, as opposed to Bernard's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    A bit misleading, since the bulk of those numbers are corporate backings, as opposed to Bernard's.
    From what I could tell, corporate backings refers to the industry the individual donations came from. So say I donated: It would say he got donations from the software industry.

im iffy on apparantly Obama's bundler getting involved, but Beto's donations has always reffered to individuals form industries, which is entirely different form corporate donations.

If you donate above a certain amount you have to disclose your employer.

Actually the 6.1M was entirely from donations on Actblue. The amount of individual donations won't be known until the end of the month when the FEC disclosure reports are due.

- - - Updated - - -

If you donate above a certain amount you have to disclose your employer.
    This is why Actblue is such a powerful tool for Democratic candidates. The 3.95% cut covers not only credit card fee, but FEC disclosure & filing, accounting & audit, and merchant account in states that require a candidate to have one. If your donation is above a certain threshold, the website will ask you to provide your employer's info. It will keep track of your individual donations also. So you can't make 1,000 of $35 donations to a candidate to get around the rules.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He's a terrible candidate with a checkered past, no prominence, and almost zero redeeming qualities.
    Translation: Trumpkins are shitting their pants that he'll wipe the floor with Trump.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post

Also, the racist MEME the official GOP twitter posted on St Patrick's Day no less.

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1107314663023353864
    Not the first time Republicans have pulled out the anti-irish racism, won't be the last.