Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Faction change quest reset.. but, do they?

Hey there,

Hopefully someone knows 100% from experience or knowledge. I am asking this to the GMs so I will update with their answer too.

I have a rogue with 2/3 BfA Loremaster, another character did the rest.

We need 3/3 with the same character for the Kul Tiran/ Zandalari trolls unlocking quest chains, so I decided that I would simply do the missing 1/3 on my rogue, easy.

Now comes the tricky part.

I switched my rogue from originally Alliance to Horde, and then back to the Alliance, and so all the quests got restarted. I do however keep the achievements and they do show that my rogue did complete all the chapters from those 2 of 3 zones in BfA.

So now comes the question...

If I do the one missing zone, will I then be able to start the "Pride of Kul Tiras" quest chain? or will I really have to do the other two zones all over again?

The key here is... if I add the missing 1/3 into this rogue´s personal achievements, so that she has 3/3, will that allow me to move on into the "Pride of Kul Tiras" chain quests, or will I really have to do all the 3 zones again?

I do understand the quest restart concept (regardless of opinion on it), but achievements do not get restarted, they keep adding up and they do show the quests as completed by the character... so if I do have to do the other 2 zones again, why would achievements be called that way, when they clearly would be so?

Let´s see what you think

If a pre-requisite to something is an achievement, and you earned that achievement, this requirement will forever be fulfilled.

If a pre-requisite to something is a quest, and it gets reset, you have to do it again.

The problem is it might not be obvious which one it is, and it might be one despite the game suggesting it is the other.

Wowhead comments state you have to complete all 3 zones on 1 character for this one, so you probably need all the quests done at once on a single character.

As a sidenote, jumping factions twice while in the middle of the basic introductory quest line to an expansion seems like just asking for trouble.

I somewhat similarly have moved from ally to horde back to ally on my priest. I had to put in a ticket as all of the quests were available to me again but i had the achievements for 2 zones already. I just put in a ticket to get all the quests reflagged properly and they did that no problem. Just completed the last zone and finished it.

so i imagine in your case something similar would occur. But if you're not in a super rush i think it would be worth putting in a ticket just the same.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I somewhat similarly have moved from ally to horde back to ally on my priest. I had to put in a ticket as all of the quests were available to me again but i had the achievements for 2 zones already. I just put in a ticket to get all the quests reflagged properly and they did that no problem. Just completed the last zone and finished it.

so i imagine in your case something similar would occur. But if you're not in a super rush i think it would be worth putting in a ticket just the same.
    And so it was

My quest log was showing that I had the chapters completed, so I decided to ask a new GM If I would need to do it again.
    Meanwhile I went on and continued questing where I left on, and all nps were phased out...
    So I updated my ticket and the GM fixed it by recovering all my quest progression, which included war campaign and followers, basically, he set my character back to where it was..
    And I am pretty sure that he completed two extra chapters for me, as I don't remember having them completed.

Pretty sweet support yet again from GMs.
    At least my experience over the years has been great.

Glad to hear it worked and all is fine