Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Well done New Zealand!

Bravo New Zealand! Banned all assault type weapons, and high capacity magazines. Good work - I'm proud of your government to take a hard stance on this, and that too so swiftly!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/20/a...ntl/index.html

real leaders just skips the thoughts and prayers bullshit. USA could do this as well just gotta get REAL LEADERS and not NRA puppets in charge

I'm sure all the psychopats, criminals and generally lawbreakers with bad intentions will totally follow this ban and refuse adopting these weapons on their next killing spree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Hmf...with a tiny population, it's easy to do.

i would have figured they'd have already banned guns, like australia.

only mindless sheep would allow their government to take guns though. it is a naive and foolish action, and it'll come back to bite them one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...with a tiny population, it's easy to do.
    Japan wasn't small when they banned firearms. But I guess because they're not quite as big as the U.S, this doesn't apply?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I'm sure all the psychopats, criminals and generally lawbreakers with bad intentions will totally follow this ban and refuse adopting these weapons on their next killing spree.
    I've never understood this ridiculously faulty logic. So according to you, we should just abolish all laws as people are going to break them anyway?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably will take years to fully remove these weapons even from the regular population and I’m kinda doubtful that any criminal will willing hand them in.
    But atleast its better the thoughts/prayers typically used

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Yeah, people will commit crimes so why bother having laws to try to mitigate them?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i would have figured they'd have already banned guns, like australia.

only mindless sheep would allow their government to take guns though. it is a naive and foolish action, and it'll come back to bite them one day.
    Small fire arms will not won't much help against an organised military.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    i'd rather die knowing i hurt or killed at least one of my would-be oppressors than live under their thumb like a feckless dog.

Japan wasn't small when they banned firearms. But I guess because they're not quite as big as the U.S, this doesn't apply?
    Obviously not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US has far too many issues to consider apart from its size:

There are far too many guns already in circulation.

There are too many avenues of entry of firearms into the nation.

Due to the 2nd amendment and the gun culture it has created, people already lose their damn minds when even common sense laws are talked about so I doubt completely trying to abolish them is going to go over well here.

And lastly, gun laws differ state by state so unless large sweeping federal laws are made people who abuse guns will just go to the State over and buy them legally for their crimes. And those laws will be seen as overreach of government so I don't see that happening either.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Laughs in squinted eye Vietnamese. Lol
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    The US has far too many issues to consider apart from its size:

There are far too many guns already in circulation.

There are too many avenues of entry of firearms into the nation.

Due to the 2nd amendment and the gun culture it has created, people already lose their damn minds when even common sense laws are talked about so I doubt completely trying to abolish them is going to go over well here.

And lastly, gun laws differ state by state so unless large sweeping federal laws are made people who abuse guns will just go to the State over and buy them legally for their crimes. And those laws will be seen as overreach of government so I don't see that happening either.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Merely disagreeing with the imbecile who thinks population is the be all and end all, and there is nothing to learn from smaller counties paving the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd rather die knowing i hurt or killed at least one of my would-be oppressors than live under their thumb like a feckless dog.
    Wow, that's dramatic.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Merely disagreeing with the imbecile who thinks population is the be all and end all, and there is nothing to learn from smaller counties paving the way.
    And the imbecile who knows history and is laughing at you.
    Unless you have something more than your silly belief why not try reading a bit more on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    Bravo New Zealand! Banned all assault type weapons, and high capacity magazines. Good work - I'm proud of your government to take a hard stance on this, and that too so swiftly!

Congrats, the killer got exactly what he wanted. Luckily for us here in here in America, the cops wont come knocking to take guns, because they won't risk getting themselves shot.

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post

Good thing there is no such thing as an assault rifle. Unless youre talking about the gun from halo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And the imbecile who knows history and is laughing at you.
    Unless you have something more than your silly belief why not try reading a bit more on the subject.
    Your notion as to why it would not work in the U.S was population, that is irrelevant. Every part of gun-buy-back schemes is scaleable.

I don't have beliefs, unless logic is considered a belief now.

Assault weapons were already banned. An AR-15 isn't an assault rifle just because it looks like one.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE