Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post

Can somone remind me why Swifty's ban was reversed?

It's been a long time. I forget.
    He was running huge events which caused servers to crash over and over and over by getting thousands of people into single zones.
    his ban was reverse because while yes he did crash the servers, and caused a big riot by encouraging people to cause havoc, and then once it started getting bad tried to convince people to stop, but it was too late.

blizzard decided to revert the ban simply because yeah it was not intentional, and was a big community event.

but yeah none of these bans are permanent, they are 2-31 days
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-03-24 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    God, people exploit a bug and some of these idiots come out of the wood works and say its blizzards fault, insane.

Unbelievable.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sticking to the OP topic, it's really one more feather in their cap when it comes to Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot since they say they're always listening to the community. This should have been patched out within hours of being reported but as we see time and time again Blizzard fumbles with communication and would rather sit on it for two days before taking action.

Instead of putting out a brush fire they let half a forest burn down before sending firefighters.

That's not to say I don't think folks should have been banned. They definitely deserved it.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-03-24 at 12:28 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Sticking to the OP topic, it's really one more feather in their cap when it comes to Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot since they say they're always listening to the community. This should have been patched out within hours of being reported but as we see time and time again Blizzard fumbles with communication and would rather sit on it for two days before taking action.

In spite of this, do I think those who received the bans deserved them? Yup.
    its easy to say "it should have been fixed in hours" but can you do so?
    also the cooldown on a toy is much easier to fix then a bug with an item
    also the toys cooldown was changed before even being put on the store...

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Blizzard DID communicate, they just didn't do it in the way that YOU believe they should have.
    I'm going to take Blizzard's apparent stance on communication in regards to this particular conversation between us because like Blizzard, you don't really seem very adept at listening, either. It seems like the right response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we have something similar to this with the WQ exploit at the start of BfA? People actually blaming Blizzard?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    God, people exploit a bug and some of these idiots come out of the wood works and say its blizzards fault, insane.

Unbelievable.
    It gets worse when you imagine having to deal with said people on an almost daily basis.

KILL ME NOW >_<
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I feel zero sympathy for anybody who used what was clearly a bug and got it trouble for it.

And frankly, I think they should go further: Permanent bans for the streamers and YouTubers who participated in this, exploiting in exchange for their own views and profit. There may be some small chance Joe Random didn't know what this was or thought it was okay because Trusted Streamer Dude advocated it. There is a 0% chance that Preach, Bellular and others like them didn't before they used it on stream or posted their "ZOMG FASTEST LEVELING EVARRRR!!!" videos on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    The problem with Blizzard coming out and saying "Hey, this is an exploit, we're working on a fix but in the meantime don't use it or we'll ban you." is that it sets an awkward precedent - in the future, any bug or exploit that people find will be considered free game until Blizzard makes that same announcement.
    I agree. And further, it points out the exploit to thousands of people who would never have known about it to begin with. The number of people I have seen in Twitch chats talking about how they got banned but it's totally worth it as long as their characters don't get rolled back is stupidly high. You don't want to actually encourage use of an exploit you're planning to suspend for because people run the risk-reward and decide to go ahead.
    Last edited by Xar226; 2019-03-24 at 12:41 AM.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Sure Blizz could have responded and put out a statement (IMO they should have put out a tweet at least) but I feel like anyone who used the exploit had to go into it feeling sketchy about it. I mean a strange stacking XP pot making you get 4-5 levels in a dungeon. Doesn't seem very legit.

I did it, i regret it, cause I didn't think it trough, even without rollback 3 days is a lot more m+ and other stuff i could be doing on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Blizzard has always taken action against people that deliberately use bugs to exploit the game to their advantage over and over. Expecting them not to is just a Darwin Check. One that a lot of people failed I guess.
    Except they haven't. The cauldron bug was actually devastating to economies and isn't being punished all the xp bug did is make you able to play the actual game quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly if people asked blizzard repeatedly for days and got radio silence.

Fuck blizzard. I wasn't suspended but a bunch of my guildy's were.

- - - Updated - - -

People looking to cheat? OR is the levelling process so shit right now that people are looking for literally any way to speed it up
    So your guildies knowingly abused a way to stack a buff that was very easily not intended. Having to separate potions out of a stack and use them that way that stacks a buff that doesn’t apply while being in a stack is obviously an unintended side effect. Guess what, if you’re not sure if it’s an exploit or not, then don’t do it. Chances are, if you’re asking if it is, then it is.
    As to your 2nd reply? No. It’s cheating. The leveling experience has never changed. While it’s not a great experience to do it multiple times, that still doesn’t give people an excuse to cheat to speed thru it.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Normally you have to jump through hoops in order to activate some sort of a bug, but this was major fuck up on their QC department. Potion was released, was on PTR for all i know and even after it went live it did not have a timer, even after hotfixing stacking problem. Combining that with other major stuff (who else remember how BfA started, mythic plus key fuck ups etc) and I have a feeling what Blizzard is rotting on inside. They made mistakes in the past, but never such obvious lack of content polishing before releasing it to us. They used to be SOON (™) company, and we waited their stuff for a long time, because we knew, in the end we get balanced and polished game.
    I understand their frustration with gamers who chosen to abuse such obvious bug but they should really look in the mirror and see what it's their fault just as much. I want old blizzard back, where I knew if I'm getting banned, I've really done something evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Didn't we have something similar to this with the WQ exploit at the start of BfA? People actually blaming Blizzard?
    that was legion if i remember right, if your talking about the "do world quest over and over and over to get infinite artifact power"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly if people asked blizzard repeatedly for days and got radio silence.

Fuck blizzard. I wasn't suspended but a bunch of my guildy's were.

- - - Updated - - -

People looking to cheat? OR is the levelling process so shit right now that people are looking for literally any way to speed it up
    was AQ40 shit?
    was black temple utter shit?
    was icc shit?
    people exploited and cheated in those
    does that mean they were bad?

no, people will always cheat and exploit, even in games they love
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-03-24 at 12:53 AM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its easy to say "it should have been fixed in hours" but can you do so?
    also the cooldown on a toy is much easier to fix then a bug with an item
    also the toys cooldown was changed before even being put on the store...
    Blizzard has a fairly active twitter feed across several accounts so I'd like to think that if issues were being raised in regards to stacking potions and the impact they have on experience then it should have been addressed much sooner either by temporarily disabling the potions or immediately release a statement saying it's an exploit once reports were coming in. It's not like it was hard to reproduce either so I don't understand how it took two days.

The toy I was thinking of was the Overtuned Corgi Goggles which had the CD and duration changed not even a day after being released so it stands to reason they are capable of changing item effects on the fly when they have to although I do agree that it could very well be an apples to oranges comparison.

Still, could have taken them two minutes to pound out a message on twitter to offer a warning as they addressed the issue on their end and then carried on with a ban hammer within that limited time frame.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Blizzard has a fairly active twitter feed across several accounts so I'd like to think that if issues were being raised in regards to stacking potions and the impact they have on experience then it should have been addressed much sooner either by temporarily disabling the potions or immediately release a statement saying it's an exploit once reports were coming in. It's not like it was hard to reproduce either so I don't understand how it took two days.

The toy I was thinking of was the Overtuned Corgi Goggles which had the CD and duration changed not even a day after being released so it stands to reason they are capable of changing item effects on the fly when they have to although I do agree that it could very well be an apples to oranges comparison.

Still, could have taken them two minutes to pound out a message on twitter to offer a warning as they addressed the issue on their end and then carried on with a ban hammer within that limited time frame.
    Because common sense and Blizzard aren't 2 things that mix well together these days.

Simple as that really.

7+ Year Old Account

the item was bugged to have the oppsoite cooldown/duration
    its a simple fix switching the two, compared to a bug, also we just had allied races and many other things release so they were abit distracted with other things. but they do not comment, and dont need to comment on literally every bug ever.

if they spoke about the exploit, if anything it would just get more people doing it, cause people knew what they were doing, more people just needed to know

Blizzard twitter is also not VERY active, it really isnt, also you seem to forget the fact that "hey this allows me to get 1000000% exp.. yeah this is totally intended!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    There never was an age of personality responsibility

draft dodgers existed before you were born
    Maybe but it seems that those people are more prevalent now.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    was something special required to activate it? For instance, if you had to specifically split the stacks to activate these potion, then I would take back what I said, as this would signal that it was an exploit and I'd feel quite a bit differently about it.
    From what I heard, it would only stack the buff if you actually used them 1 by 1 from seperate bag slots.

If it were possibly to stack the buff from a stack of potions, it wouldn't have been regarded as a bug/exploit in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    From what I heard, it would only stack the buff if you actually used them 1 by 1 from seperate bag slots.

If it were possibly to stack the buff from a stack of potions, it wouldn't have been regarded as a bug/exploit in the first place.
    Yeah you had to specifically separate the potions into stacks of one or else the exploit didn't work.