Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Wishful thinking, won't happen though.
    Based on what exactly?

The 2018 midterms were the largest turn out of voters in US history and the 3rd largest GOP defeat as well.

It's wishful thinking on your part if you think anything as changed. Trump and GOP's policies are bad for America and that's what the voters are rallying against.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Wishful thinking, won't happen though.
    You realize that the Mueller report was the most important issues for exactly 0 respondents leading up to the midterms? And republicans still lost a historic number of seats?

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/0...l4b.-.2020.pdf

The Trump/Russia investigation was not bringing Trump's approval to historic lows. He's done enough shitty things as president that he'll losing barring a colossal fuckup in the democratic primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Guess you have to keep hope alive at this point. I suppose that’s easier than admitting that you were wrong.
    wrong about what, exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    $12.3 million dollars for this investigation.
    Wow! That's almost 10% of what Trump spent golfing!

On topic: a company working for "Country A" aka Russia has been fighting a subpoena for a while. The SC just refused their appeal to be immune to subpoenas.

So it's not over yet. We'll still hear from Russians who attacked the election, and Stone, who worked with Russians who attacked the election, and told Trump about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again it's time for Guess the Speaker!

XXX should resign. He has no right as somebody who has been peddling a lie day after day after day unchallenged. Unchallenged and not under oath. Somebody should have put him under oath and said you have evidence, where is it?
    Yes, oddly enough, that's KellyAnne Conway going after Schiff about the Mueller investigation.

As a reminder, Conway works for Trump, who refused to go under oath. Trump has made well over seven thousand objectively false statements in office.

As a further reminder, Trump (by virtue of Barr) is hiding the evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Naturally, What He Meant Was called this "a total and complete exoneration of the President of the United States"

She was, of course, immediately called out for lying by everyone, starting with KellyAnne Conway's husband.

Related: if this is, as WHMW claims, "a total and complete exoneration of the President of the United States" why not make it public? Like, why isn't it public, right now? Or, since redaction and classified shit is a real thing, why doesn't Congress have it? Like, right now? If it really is "nothing bad happened" over and over, why doesn't the House have it? Why doesn't McConnell have it? Seriously, why doesn't McConnell have a copy?

Just watched Lindsey Graham on CBSN. What in God's name happened to him? He used to be the original Never-Trumper.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Just watched Lindsey Graham on CBSN. What in God's name happened to him? He used to be the original Never-Trumper.
    As someone noted here last week, he is a bachelor in a deeply Evangelical state. Kompromat was speculated upon.

7+ Year Old Account
    The amount of denial I’m seeing (not pointing at anyone here specifically more in general? is astounding. It comes out that there’s no collusion so now the race is on to find SOMETHING to nail Trump on. Three years of being sure Trump was in bed with Russia amounted to nothing and now people’s sense of reality is broken and they’re unwilling to admit they were wrong. The media told everyone that Trump was guilty and now they’re wrong. How can this be?

The running theory of the left is hes gay and is trying to stay on the good side of trump so he isn't outed.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    McConnell I understand, Graham less so. Blocking a 420-0 House vote was a questionable move at best.

This is exactly what I said

What your links says:
    "As a whole, the Steele dossier now appears to be a murky mixture of authentic revelations and repurposed history, likely interspersed with snippets of fiction or disinformation, an Associated Press review finds."

"But he said when "you actually get into the details of the Steele dossier, the specific allegations, we have not seen the evidence to support them, and, in fact, there's good grounds to think that some of the more sensational allegations will never be proven and are likely false.""

What I said:
    "It all started with the Steel Dossier, in which nothing against Trump has been proven true, and most has already been discredited."

As far as you link of "No it didn't", you don't disprove anything I said. I never said Steele didn't start working with the Republicans. I thought that was widely understood at this point. So I'm not talking about "when the Steel Dossier started". I'm talking "when did all the FBI investigations leading to the Mueller probe" start. And that started with the Steel Dossier. They used the Steel Dossier to obtain the FISA warrants, which is what started the whole mess we are in now.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2019-03-25 at 03:45 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I found this article amusing. A collection of some of the craziest chicken little moments from the saga:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/25/m...ort-fake-news/

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    The amount of denial I’m seeing (not pointing at anyone here specifically more in general? is astounding. It comes out that there’s no collusion so now the race is on to find SOMETHING to nail Trump on. Three years of being sure Trump was in bed with Russia amounted to nothing and now people’s sense of reality is broken and they’re unwilling to admit they were wrong. The media told everyone that Trump was guilty and now they’re wrong. How can this be?
    It did we got 32 convictions and made a profit. Every investigation into to Trump has made a profit. Which is more than enough reason to continue pursuing the others.

The investigation into hillary cost 70 million with no convictions. Mueller handed off several investigations as well.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-03-25 at 03:51 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Time to investigate those who intentionally used uncorroborated "evidence" as a means to weaponize the FBI for purely political reasons (i.e. TDS). And Barr isn't going to let this kind of abuse pass...people will go to jail over this. I personally hope he assigns a special prosecutor...and hey...if there's a shitload of process crimes that occur as a result...so be it. Hmmm....I wonder if Brennan ever lied about his finances on a mortgage loan application.

Graham said it best in his recent tweet to Comey..."See you soon." This isn't over.
    Umm...why would Barr need to assign a special prosecutor? What prevents Barr from overseeing this investigation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    The media told everyone that Trump was guilty and now they’re wrong.
    Nope.

Trump told everyone he was guilty, by trying to work with Russia while blocking ways to safeguard our elections.

Trump told everyone he was guilty, by trying to work business deals with Russia while trying to win a federal election, then lying about it.

Trump told everyone he was guilty, by trying to block the report and fire people working on it.

Trump told everyone he was guilty, by hiring multiple Russian agents at the highest levels of his campaign and government.

Trump told everyone he was guilty, by lying all the time about everything, then claiming he was innocent.

Trump told everyone he was guilty, when his own direct family admitted trying to get illegally stolen information from one federal candidate, to hand to another, then lied about it.

Trump told everyone he was guilty. The media just quoted him. The twist ending is "Surprise! He did all that because he's just completely incompetent!"

He still coddled admitted murdering dictator Putin, and fought the sanctions imposed by a massively one-sided veto-proof vote.
    He still took Russian laundered money through Deutsche Bank.
    He still knew about Flynn working with Russia and did nothing for weeks.
    He still refused to answer any questions about Russia, even when he could do so on paper and have his lawyers edit them.
    And he no longer has the excuse of "he was doing so because he directly asked Putin for help and this way payback". This is now "he helped Russia and took on Russian agents and money because he felt like it". That's the consolation prize: Trump is helping Russia because he thinks that's what the USA should do. Even after they invaded a sovereign country with troops out of uniform, attacked the election and poisoned people.

He thought helping Russia, even after that, even after Congress votes, was the right thing to do.

Enjoy your consolation prize. Meanwhile there's a laundry list of promises Trump hasn't come close to keeping yet. It's not just Russia he's incompetent about. Also, alt account, ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    "But....but....BUT OBAMA!", "DEEPSTATE!", "EEEEEEEEEMAILS"
    So I call out Obama's administration for doing worse than Nixon's folks did, and your response is that I'm a crybaby? For real? You literally said nothing to discredit anything I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your reading comprehension sucks. The specific allegations referenced in the first quote were regarding collusion. If you read the article it clearly says it's a mixed bag in that some of the allegations have been proven true.
    What accusations in the Steel Dossier have been proven true?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Eight investigations.
    Found nothing.
    Still think the government is hiding something.
    8 Investigations found that their was gross incompetence in the State Department which lead to the death of U.S. citizens who were left to die. 8 Investigations found that the State department lied to the U.S. public about what was happening in Benghazi.

You. Are. Wrong.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    What accusations in the Steel Dossier have been proven true?
    Quite a few -
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-d...-retrospective

From legal filings no less

The same group of people saying the Mueller investigation was going to be the end of Trump are now saying it will be something else lmao. We're gonna get em for sure this time. Or the next.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It may be necessary to have Mueller testify directly. Simply put, not even Barr agrees with Trump that this completely absolves him of everything.

Plus, again, the damage so far is significant. Trump hired multiple Russian agents, illegally took Russian money, tried to conduct Russian business deals, and gave big benefits to Russia while fighting election security. The best the rabid fanbase got out of this is Trump didn't know how badly he was fucking up. They still have to explain why Trump was so insistent on, for example, meeting with Putin in private and then eating the notes, fighting sanctions for Russia flat-out trying to assassinate a guy, and handing over Israeli intel for free.

They're cheering that their guy isn't gutless, he's incompetent.
    Yeah, to see republicans spinning this as an exoneration just shows how off the rails their politics are.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Are you clinging on to the idea that Trump will ever face consequences for his actions? The media here is pretty convinced Muller's report can be summarized as "Nothing to see here, if you want to slap your dick on his face, you'll have to do it politically in 2020 and stop fucking calling me to do your dirty work..."
    Until the report is out, or trump is out of office, barr's whitewash doesn't change where we stand. He was literally hired because of his views on presidential power (re obstruction) and is a known political hack (HW's AG during the iran-contra scandal that slow walked the whole thing until hw pardoned everyone on his way out of office, which effectively ended the investigation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Quite a few -
    https://www.lawfareblog.com/steele-d...-retrospective

From legal filings no less
    So no accusations against Trump have been proven true.

~ Daryl Davis