Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    They sure chose death, but I see no reason to celebrate him as a hero.
    Taking out many armed islamofascists on his own is an act of heroism. You probably do not see it this way because you are sympathic to their destruction ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Did you ever seriously consider joining the military?
    No. Our military was a laugh when I was at the age. (Although a girl I went to school with joined the US Army and is now a major, so I suppose I could have tried the same, it just never occured to me.)

I usually reserve my hero-praise for people who save lives.
    Not that IS-terrorists don't deserve death, but the very fact that a situation ever has to come down to killing is always a tragedy.
    Last edited by Sezh; 2019-03-25 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    And then he pissed on the corpses or tortured the POW... the US Army is just disgusting.
    This guy is not in the US Army, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    And then he pissed on the corpses or tortured the POW... the US Army is just disgusting.
    You might want to go read the actual article.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I wonder how long it takes before leaks come out that 90% killed were women and children lol,we all know and have been shown this is almost always the case with these killings,most are always innocent civilians,they even shot down childrens hospitals from red cross lol
    "Almost always the case" "most are always innocent civilians" gonna need a citation in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    How is he a hero? He killed 30 other humans from a safe spot with a grenade launcher. Obviously ISIS is a horrific organization but the people n it are still real people with families and a lot of bad experiences that took them to this point in life. The moment we reduce them to cannon fodder and a "fuck yeah" we are no better than they are.

To be clear, I am not saying that the guy did something wrong but it really is not something we should celebrate.
    ISIS supporter reported to the FBI

Standard shit for the SAS. Those dude and the SBS are fucking machines. One of the most elite military regiments in the world with the hardest entry tests and a reputation of barking mad heroism since there creation in ww2.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Taking out many armed islamofascists on his own is an act of heroism. You probably do not see it this way because you are sympathic to their destruction ideology.
    Right.. well, ultimately, the only difference between him and the islamists is being on the winning side. Neither are heroes, both are villains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Nah, fuck the military. Who the fuck wants to die to make some rich fucks more money?

Your life is worth more than the military will pay for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fucking noob tuber

Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    This is the same as a 'Messi to join Man City story' its pure fantasy
    How do you know that?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he get monster kill popup there?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Did he get monster kill popup there?
    GODLIKE for sure.

War is for old men to talk and for young men to die.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    The heroes are the fighters on the front line ... this guy just launched some grenade from distance.
    That is the front line mate. Front line is not hand to hand combat with swords
    A grenade launcher has firing range 350m... same as a Kalashnikov weapon those ISIS monsters use.
    If his weapon can reach them, their weapons can reach him.
    If enemy default weaponry can reach you, it is the front line. It can't get more front line than that.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Wonder if we see Thwart give OP an infraction for trolling, but since they are on the same team I guess not.
    Thwart sees things that aren't actually there. That's a person that rules their land with a heavy hand without the benefit of common sense. A common problem with the moderators here.

OT: That's a great story. I'm sure it's absolutely true and not embellished in any way whatsoever...

The SAS teams were moving around the outskirts of the Baghuz when they came under fire from an IS stronghold located inside a former bank.

One member of the SAS was slightly injured by a bullet ricocheting off the ground before a trooper on a specially adapted Army Landrover pummelled the building with a grenade machine gun (GMG).

The GMG, is a favourite weapon of the SAS and has a range of around 2000m and can fire 350 high explosives rounds a minute.

One source said: “After the SAS and Kurdish fighters came under attack, one SAS trooper opened fire with the grenade launcher to allow other members of the patrol to get into cover.“

More from the article.

Sounds like he's being put in for a medal by his CO.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    How is he a hero? He killed 30 other humans from a safe spot with a grenade launcher. Obviously ISIS is a horrific organization but the people n it are still real people with families and a lot of bad experiences that took them to this point in life. The moment we reduce them to cannon fodder and a "fuck yeah" we are no better than they are.

To be clear, I am not saying that the guy did something wrong but it really is not something we should celebrate.
    Isis are the adherents of a philosophy of tyranny and evil. They, and the idea that motivates them, should be fought in every possible way.

This man has done a service for the whole world, destroying filth.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson