Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    You assume a lot of people don't want the heritage armor, which is pretty cool for certain allied races and cannot be gained from a boosted char...thanks for playing, try again.
    You need max level characters to unlock the allied races, and a 110 character to get the Legion ones. You try again? lol

Don't ask people who don't actually play the game whether you should buy it or not. Which means anyone who says that "there is no content" and "the game is not worth its price".

Ask around some friends who do play or, given that you are a veteran WoW player, just buy it and try it out yourself. You'll gain your own insight after subbing for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    Thinking about actually taking the plunge and purchasing this game as im rather bored and have actually fancied a game of warcraft lately. Thing is though i want to start a fresh new char but im lead to understand i cant just pick up a Dark Iron dwarf or a Kul Trian is that right? If they need unlocking could anyone give me a rough time scale as to how long it would take to get either of these races? I am a veteran player btw so have max level Legion classes if that helps on rep grinds etc but prefer to ignore those if possible and start from level 1.

Thanks in advance.
    Don't. Game is boring and doesnt bring fun other than fun tied to addiction problems. Stay away from this and go play something nice with an ending like Paper Mario on gamecube.

Wait for 9.0 or just before it. At least wait for the announcement of the next expac and say YES! that looks great and interests me or NO! that doesnt interest me. The reason i say that (as someone still subbed and playing) is that the game really is in a terrible state right now, and although yuo might enjoy leveling and unlocking the KT/DID, you will find yourself quite bored quite quickly.

The positive for you is that the majority of content outside of mythic raiding is all pugged now, the downside is you might struggle to find a guild worth joining as there are so few ppl still playing, its really only Zerg guilds that maintain any kind of numbers (inb4 'derp derp my super awesome guild from vanilla with 11 members is going strong it must just be you derp derp')

The downside is you wont be as invested as many are - and at this point, imo, that is what is keeping a lot of people playing. Although, if you are a raider, the raid itself is great! the community is a bit broken though now, with people adjusting to the no guild thing.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-03-25 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    Thinking about actually taking the plunge and purchasing this game as im rather bored and have actually fancied a game of warcraft lately. Thing is though i want to start a fresh new char but im lead to understand i cant just pick up a Dark Iron dwarf or a Kul Trian is that right? If they need unlocking could anyone give me a rough time scale as to how long it would take to get either of these races? I am a veteran player btw so have max level Legion classes if that helps on rep grinds etc but prefer to ignore those if possible and start from level 1.

Thanks in advance.
    Don't do it. Or if you absolutely can't control yourself and HAVE to get back in, at least wait for 8.2 where there's actually a glimmer of hope that the expansion finally has something worthwhile to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Don't do it. Or if you absolutely can't control yourself and HAVE to get back in, at least wait for 8.2 where there's actually a glimmer of hope that the expansion finally has something worthwhile to do.
    What have you been doing in the game the past few months, may I ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If I were you, just like stated before: Wait for 8.2

And I'm a white knight too lol

Yeah may as well, when you haven't played the expansion at all it'll keep you busy for a fair while.
    Always super exciting when it's all still new and fresh.

The allied races will be a pain if that's your main draw sure, since you'll need to unlock one. Dark Iron dwarf being the fastest of the 2, while unlocking them is very very easy it's just a small time commitment since it requires exalted reps with either 7th Legion (which can be done very fast) or Proudmoore Admiralty.

Since your main motivator atm is the want to level from 1 on an allied race I think you don't need to wait until 8.2 as suggested, feel free to start whenever you see fit. You'll have a bunch of stuff to keep you busy at max level before 8.2 is released, and when it does it'll bring a new zone, flying, dungeon and a raid as well as a few other things alongside it.
    Which you can see here;
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ise-of-Azshara
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2019-03-25 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    What have you been doing in the game the past few months, may I ask?
    Playing other games is what I've been doing. BfA is a joke of an expansion. I regret even giving Blizzard money for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by walthplathar View Post
    I can't imagine what contortions of logic manage to convince people there is "nothing to do" now, but I suspect a lot to do with meekly suggestible people following the suggestions of streamers, a mostly weird and self-interested group with bizarre agendas mostly at odds with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem at the moment. You have these warped incel-like individuals constantly trashing the game who claim not to be playing it.

Oh yes, of course. Because someone doesn't share your opinion, they're obviously incels, mindless sheep who only repeat what a stream says, and at the same time has an "agenda". Because insulting someone who disagrees with you is a good way to add value to your point of view, right?

When people say there's nothing to do, it's implied that there's nothing worthwhile to do because after a week(at best), you've already seen and done everything the expansion has to offer.

• Islands? Do it 3 times and you've seen everything it has to offer.
    • Warfronts? Don't make me laugh. You can get better gameplay from a DOTA2 or LOL bot match, and that's free.
    • M+ is marginal. I guess if you enjoy repeating the same dungeons until you're sick, and dealing with the retarded levels of toxicity and elitism to do it, sure.
    • World PVP? You mean joining a raid group and camping flight masters until you get your weekly? Or how about having zero impact on the world and no objectives to actually fight for. Yeah, good luck with that. There are better WPVP games out there if that's what you enjoy.
    • Senseless, pointless WQs to get an emissary chest with loot so you can do any of the above, just with bigger numbers? Wheee....so good, right?
    • Raiding: Ok...one actual halfway decent bright spot. But unless you're a hardcore progression raider(in which case you're already subbed so this thread isn't for you) just run LFR for the story and save yourself the idiocy of the TF/WF Personal loot fiasco.

All of it under the most anti-consumer business model which charges you for the game, the expansion, a monthly sub, AND a freakin cash shop, while Blizzard constantly prunes and removes player agency and locks things behind more and more senseless timegates. And if THAT wasn't enough, you'd also be supporting a company that fires hundreds of people at the same time as having record profits, then going on to report that firing so many people might hurt the value of their products. I mean, christ...why does anyone think this is acceptable?

Sure, I guess if you enjoy the gameplay, what little of it there is, by all means plug into the skinner box and get your jollies. Just go into it with your eyes open. And so when I tell someone to wait until 8.2, it's because there's a chance that Blizzard might actually provide something worth the price by then. I doubt it, but it's possible.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-25 at 09:29 PM.

Playing other games is what I've been doing. BfA is a joke of an expansion.

• Warfronts? Don't make me laugh. You can get better gameplay from a DOTA2 or LOL bot match, and that's free.
    • M+ is marginal. I guess if you enjoy repeating the same dungeons until you're sick, and dealing with the retarded levels of toxicity and elitism to do it, sure.
    • World PVP? You mean joining a raid group and camping flight masters until you get your weekly? Or how about having zero impact on the world and no objectives to actually fight for. Yeah, good luck with that. There are better WPVP games out there if that's what you enjoy.
    • Senseless, pointless WQs to get an emissary chest with loot so you can do any of the above, just with bigger numbers? Wheee....so good, right?
    • Raiding: Ok...one actual halfway decent bright spot. But unless you're a hardcore progression raider(in which case you're already subbed so this thread isn't for you) just run LFR for the story and save yourself the idiocy of the TF/WF Personal loot fiasco.

All of it under the most anti-consumer business model which charges you for the game, the expansion, a monthly sub, AND a freakin cash shop, while Blizzard constantly prunes and removes player agency. I mean, christ...why does anyone think this is acceptable?

Sure, I guess if you enjoy the gameplay, what little of it there is, by all means plug into the skinner box and get your jollies. Just go into it with your eyes open.
    Playing other games is what I've been doing.

Yea that's what I thought.
    Let's see your points:

- Don't care.
    - Don't care.
    - Don't care.
    - Still don't care.

You don't play the game yet you come to a WoW fansite forum to post. Talk about pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I would hold off until 8.2, the game is absolutely in the worst state it's ever been right now.
    Oh fucking def yes...Winner comment right there.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Playing other games is what I've been doing.

Yea that's what I thought.
    Let's see your points:

- Don't care.
    - Don't care.
    - Don't care.
    - Still don't care.

You don't play the game yet you come to a WoW fansite forum to post. Talk about pathetic.
    Oh look, the "You have to CURRENTLY be throwing money at a product before you can have a valid opinion" argument. Really?

Here's something to consider: The person who started the thread also isn't playing the game right now, but is posting on the fansite. I guess he's pathetic too?

At the OP: This is the kind of player you'll be interacting with in the game. Consider that VERY carefully. Do your own homework. Watch review videos. What CRITICAL reviews, and not just fan gushing. I recommend Bellular, since he's very objective and fair, giving all sides of an argument.

Don't listen to me, don't listen to super-tribal fans. Make your own decision.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-25 at 09:34 PM.

Oh look, the "You have to CURRENTLY be throwing money at a product before you can have a valid opinion" argument. Really?

Here's something to consider: The person who started the thread also isn't playing the game right now, but is posting on the fansite. I guess he's pathetic too?

At the OP: This is the kind of player you'll be interacting with in the game. Consider that VERY carefully.
    The OP will have a better judgement about the game by trying it out himself than by listening to your nonsense points that you made not even playing the game you're criticising.
    Best case scenario you played for one month at around september, quit cuz your LoL bot games were too exciting, and now you go on MMOchamp to tell other people how much the game sucks even tho you never actually did any content in it.

The kind of players OP will be interacting in the game are people who play to game to achieve something in it. He wouldn't actually meet people like you, cuz people who really play the game doesn't complain about it in-game. That's from experience. That's what you lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing other games is what I've been doing. BfA is a joke of an expansion. I regret even giving Blizzard money for it at all.

Oh yes, of course. Because someone doesn't share your opinion, they're obviously incels, mindless sheep who only repeat what a stream says, and at the same time has an "agenda". Because insulting someone who disagrees with you is a good way to add value to your point of view, right?

When people say there's nothing to do, it's implied that there's nothing worthwhile to do because after a week(at best), you've already seen and done everything the expansion has to offer.

All of it under the most anti-consumer business model which charges you for the game, the expansion, a monthly sub, AND a freakin cash shop, while Blizzard constantly prunes and removes player agency and locks things behind more and more senseless timegates. And if THAT wasn't enough, you'd also be supporting a company that fires hundreds of people at the same time as having record profits, then going on to report that firing so many people might hurt the value of their products. I mean, christ...why does anyone think this is acceptable?

Sure, I guess if you enjoy the gameplay, what little of it there is, by all means plug into the skinner box and get your jollies. Just go into it with your eyes open. And so when I tell someone to wait until 8.2, it's because there's a chance that Blizzard might actually provide something worth the price by then. I doubt it, but it's possible.
    Sheesh all that salt, did Blizzard kill your pet hamster or something?

IMO, the 110-120 leveling experience with story alone is already very good both sides, dungeons are well done and enhance the story and islands with warfronts are pretty nice first couple of times as well even if just for the feel and of course raids are pretty nice too even if only for story mode LFR for the story.

There is no need to try to jump out of your skin to shit on everything, right now BfA has pretty damn nice amount of good content for a person who is checking it in first time and it will take good time to get through it.

I definitely think it's worth the asking price and whether it's worth more than that is up for OP to decide, not some random salt crystal.

I cannot recommend the game right now. Not even when 8.2 hits. The devs just do not care about making a game for the players anymore. They care about making one for the shareholders.

It's not that there is no content. It's that the quality of content is mediocre/subpar. On top of arguably one of the most toxic game communities ever which doesn't help.

Honestly if you want a good MMORPG these days with a dedicated dev team that care more about your experience than the shareholders, great and friendly communities and fun/enjoyable experiences then I recommend the following 3.

The Elder Scrolls Online.
    Guild Wars 2.
    Final Fantasy 14 Online.

Those 3 games all gave me what imo is a far better experience than WoW today can offer. But just my opinion of course. What you do with your money is absolutely your decision. Only you can decide if WoW is worth your time because your opinion is the one that matters most OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sheesh all that salt, did Blizzard kill your pet hamster or something?
    No, I'm just being objective about the overall quality of the game. WoW is not in a good place right now. At best it should be a $15 or F2P game for what's on offer. Instead it has one of the most anti-consumer business models in the industry.

Let the buyer beware, that's all I'm saying. What you get for the money could get you a LOT better, and more, in other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I cannot recommend the game right now. Not even when 8.2 hits. The devs just do not care about making a game for the players anymore. They care about making one for the shareholders.

It's not that there is no content. It's that the quality of content is mediocre/subpar. On top of arguably one of the most toxic game communities ever which doesn't help.

Honestly if you want a good MMORPG these days with a dedicated dev team that care more about your experience than the shareholders, great and friendly communities and fun/enjoyable experiences then I recommend the following 3.

Guild Wars 2.
    Final Fantasy 14 Online.

Those 3 games all gave me what imo is a far better experience than WoW today can offer. But just my opinion of course. What you do with your money is absolutely your decision. Only you can decide if WoW is worth your time because your opinion is the one that matters most OP.
    Hilarious. Suggests a good mmo and throws GW2 as a suggestion. You realize that game gets stale in about 2 hours? And this is fe someone who loves Guild Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Hilarious. Suggests a good mmo and throws GW2 as a suggestion. You realize that game gets stale in about 2 hours? And this is fe someone who loves Guild Wars
    You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But there's no need to act as though you are being a bit objective with the "your suggestion is hilarious because I don't particularly like that game" now is there?

I think it has a decent story, fractals are decent, PvP is ok and the living world aspect means there is always something happening in the zones.

Anyway I won't go any further as it's kinda derailing into game vs game territory now.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-25 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm just being objective about the overall quality of the game. WoW is not in a good place right now. At best it should be a $15 or F2P game for what's on offer. Instead it has one of the most anti-consumer business models in the industry.

Let the buyer beware, that's all I'm saying. What you get for the money could get you a LOT better, and more, in other titles.
    Nope, you are not being objective and you know it. Sorry, buddy, but you seem to be burnt by something there and you need to put some ice on the spot.

Whether BfA is in a good spot or not has little to do with initial first month experience, which is what OP seems to care about, because if you want to talk objectively - your complaints are mostly about what happens after you already tried everything that BfA has to offer (tip: it's plenty actually) and they ARE in fact subjective, because there are also plenty of people who seem to disagree with your assessment in this very same thread.

Objectively, first month of BfA, especially right now IS solid, because there is a lot of stuff to do and story to cover before you can even get to the point where anything you said has any sort of questionable merit.

Guild Wars 2.
    Final Fantasy 14 Online.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But there's no need to act as though you are being a bit objective with the "your suggestion is hilarious because I don't particularly like that game" now is there?

I think it has a decent story, fractals are decent, PvP is ok and the living world aspect means there is always something happening in the zones.

Anyway I won't go any further as it's kinda derailing into game vs game territory now.
    Now which one is it?
    Are you objective or just don't like the game?

Hypocrisy should be a crime.