Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's a law, how wouldn't it hold water in court?
    Because of pondering legal interests. Most of the cases will be dropped because of insignificance for example.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    And what is?
    If you read the linked articles then you will know what it entails, as all possibility it may even affect what can be posted on this site and its forums.. And for any site for that matter..

Do you think google is going to pay for search engine showing european web sites? No. They totally arent going to do it.
    Do you think facebook is going to pay all the linking to european sites? No. They totally arent going to do it.
    Do you think twitter is going to play all the linking to european sites? No. They totally arent going to do it.
    Do you think ....

Thats just the "link tax".

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    A sad day. And another eye opener for how power hungry and biased towards corporations and globalists the EU is.
    Fuck this kind of lobbying, that belongs in the US. Hopefullt we will see more exits from this organization.
    Funny thing about Lobbying... Bribing is illegal, but lobbying is perfectly legal when it's exactly just that, bribing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fuck the EU. And fuck my Government for not doing their job and pulling us out of that shithole union like we voted for three years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand you want people to get paid for their work and have the ability to protect it online, so things don't get hijacked or made profit off.

On the other hand you still want creative people to be able to produce something inspired by original works. Where the ideal balance is no idea. We'll see where this goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Funny thing about Lobbying... Bribing is illegal, but lobbying is perfectly legal when it's exactly just that, bribing.
    Lobbying is highly regulated in the EU however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was for it, and I still am.
    In spirit I agree with its content; original content creators should be protected to a much higher degree than they are currently on the internet.

But I am for it for an entierly different reason.

I agree that the directive is very heavy handed and crude.
    And I am not exactly a fan of the Eu, so I regard it as a win win.

The best way I see going about creating the destruction of such a surpa national centralized monstrosity is by letting them have their will and assert their power.
    Especially in situations where it makes its citizens feel real life consequences (or well digital here, but people are so closely tied to their digital self now, that it is pmuch the same).
    For the same reason I dont expect that it will be very heavily enforced, but I hope it will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt this mean if you live in the UK and you are streaming a game with music in the background, you get a massive fine? Unless you made the music playing?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    This wont go anywhere beyond a few EU politicians losing their seats before any attempt is made to substantiate and enforce what was voted on.

Much ado about nothing.
    Will see as it officially goes into law on April 9th, when the EU council votes on it..

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Great day for copyright holders. Make your own shit, kids.

(also, please don't post ginger Nazi videos)

Why should't they have the right to protect their property?
    You just don't get what the consequences are for this decision. Would you like to create a working uploadfilter and a global database that everyone is forced to double-check billions of pictures/videos/audio files to? Well I guess you are as well informed as the idiots proposing this law.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Pirate shitters mad? /rofl
    You do realise this will hit us "non-pirates" hard as well. Why everyone who knew what was going on was against it. Article 13 calls for technology that is not feasible for the vast majority of platforms. And for those who can actually implement it, it is far cheaper just to block IPs originating from EU, than implement what this new law would require them to do. And in case you live outside of the EU, this also will wreck every content creator you are watching that is in EU, hence you wont be watching them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    You just don't get what the consequences are for this decision. Would you like to create a working uploadfilter and a global database that everyone is forced to double-check billions of pictures/videos/audio files to? Well I guess you are as well informed as the idiots proposing this law.
    Yes, exactly because the people would not like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I was for it, and I still am.
    In spirit I agree with its content; original content creators should be protected to a much higher degree than they are currently on the internet.

But I am for it for an entierly different reason.

I agree that the directive is very heavy handed and crude.
    And I am not exactly a fan of the Eu, so I regard it as a win win.

The best way I see going about creating the destruction of such a surpa national centralized monstrosity is by letting them have their will and assert their power.
    Especially in situations where it makes its citizens feel real life consequences (or well digital here, but people are so closely tied to their digital self now, that it is pmuch the same).
    For the same reason I dont expect that it will be very heavily enforced, but I hope it will be.
    Don't worry anarchism will get a whole lot less attractive once you grew older and are no longer able to base your life around ideologies but around plights towards yourself and others. Doesn't surprise me that younger generations are so much favour of war, too spoiled by a prolonged period of peace and prosperity.

I feel bad for European content creators. Its basically game over for them unless they find another way to monetize.

So, do we actually know what this will mean for us? Will it affect people as much as we think it will? I haven't seen or read anything that implies anything more than content creators will have to gain permission to use content under fair use properly. At least, I think that's what's this means, correct me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    On one hand you want people to get paid for their work and have the ability to protect it online, so things don't get hijacked or made profit off.

On the other hand you still want creative people to be able to produce something inspired by original works. Where the ideal balance is no idea. We'll see where this goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Lobbying is highly regulated in the EU however.
    This affects more than just people monetising off other people's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's a law, how wouldn't it hold water in court?
    There's this thing called "burden of proof." You would still have to prove in court that something(image, song, whatever) actually belongs to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySweet View Post
    I feel bad for European content creators. Its basically game over for them unless they find another way to monetize.
    Keep in mind this will affect international content creators wanting to be broadcast/distributed in Europe too. This has the potential to fuck up the internet for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Doesnt this mean if you live in the UK and you are streaming a game with music in the background, you get a massive fine? Unless you made the music playing?
    I found this a good informative video that isn't loaded with too much emotion as most of the videos are.