Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No, thats not what happened. The state attorney Kim Foxx: "told Chicago police she was dropping the case because Jussie would have only gotten community service if convicted and she said he has already performed community service so there is no point in prosecuting him.".

You and Elba love being wrong, its like a sexual fetish for you guys.
    Hahaha nope, that is speculation, she is a prosecutor she can make up whatever bullshit she wants, if she was that certain she wouldn't have filed in the first place, so either she stupid or incompetent take your pick.

If they had the goods, it really wouldn't matter about her speculation, the judge makes the determination on sentencing. and even if it's what she said.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Innocent people get their bail/bond back.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Hahaha nope, that is speculation, she is a prosecutor she can make up whatever bullshit she wants, if she was that certain she wouldn't have filed in the first place, so either she stupid or incompetent take your pick.

If they had the goods, it really wouldn't matter about her speculation, the judge makes the determination on sentencing. and even if it's what she said.
    Sorry kid, Im going with her assessment on why SHE dropped the charges, not your retard arguments.

8:35 AM PT -- State's Attorney Kim Foxx's office says, "After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case."
    The statement is consistent with what our sources said about Jussie only getting community service if he'd been convicted. The decision is NOT sitting well with Chicago PD.

We don't know, and likely will never know. I could speculate but at this point that is all that would be especially without evidence.

But the main point being this wouldn't have been dropped just like it wouldn't have been stopped in prosecuting him unless there were good reasons for it. Some are eluding to corruption, but again if that were the case he wouldn't have been charged in the first place.

This backfired both are trying to save face.
    Wait so you don't know what he made up if anything at all but he didn't make anything up or he made everything up?
    According to pretty much every ploice report he made up everything.

Holy shit - Jussie is getting so much publicity AND being painted as a victim = hes coming out of this with EVERYTHING he originally wanted... and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Why is there no point if he has already performed community service? Can't be sentenced to it again, or?
    Not only that they can add charges during and later. I could be wrong depending on state law. But yeah, Jussie Smollett would have been fucked if they had the goods well enough to charge him.

Because remember people make claims all the time, and the DA typically doesn't even charge a claimant with a crime unless there is solid reason that they did especially lie or abuse the criminal justice system or obstructed justice meaning got paid off.

This was a high profile case, but even then not enough evidence to go forward, isn't evidence that the claim isn't true, and certainly without evidence, evidence they can charge someone the way they did here.

Yes he would, because he did lie, and everybody else eventually knew, it, while some new immediately, if they go forward the cops most definitely would have been shown to be incompetent and liable, but that wouldn't change the fact he did lie, which could have been argued as the reason why the cops fucked up.

So yes it does say that in the actions of the DA who had no reason to drop this case based on the evidence known so far, but clearly there was because not only did they drop it to maybe be refiled later, they fucking dropped it and it's been wiped so they can't even do that.
    They don't throw the files in a fire. Things can be unsealed if new facts arise. In any case, he got a sweetheart deal because what they would have convicted him on would have gotten probation and maybe a fine. So he paid 10k to not have to plead guilty and save the city the time and money to prosecute the case.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Not surprised considering how many Hollywood celebrities and politicians are on his side. The guy could have been charge with conspiracy to defraud the United States instead he goes free.
    Why should he be charged with that you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    That... isn't that what most americans seem to prefer?

"Protect the wealthy," seems like a very american ideal.

You have to sleep in the bed you made.
    That's like saying African kids must love being child soldiers cause they are always doing it LOL.

actually retarded.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Wait so you don't know what he made up if anything at all but he didn't make anything up or he made everything up?
    According to pretty much every ploice report he made up everything.
    Not knowing anything isn't the same as knowing some things. I didn't believe his made up bullshit story to begin with, that doesn't mean he might not have had good reason to tell the story the way he did, and it doesn't mean the some of what we was saying wasn't true.

People actually do this regularly all the time, it's not always because they are being malicious, sometimes people are embarrassed, sometimes people are simply mistaken, or skewed in a manner of their own perception.

Jussie in my opinion simply lied

My saying I don't know what he lied about is because there is no way I could and neither could you, or anybody else not investigating the case with facts, not feelings.

Obviously there wasn't enough to validate the charges the prosecution would and should have known before they did. Again this backfired and they fucked up, That I know.

Now they have egg on their face because more proof has recently come to light that he might have been telling the truth
    Can you link to anything showing he was telling the truth about any aspect of the crime he claimed happened?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sorta funny. If a white man had staged an attack on racial grounds and been deemed innocent by a judge all the black people for miles would riot and burn down the city.

So is this the white mans time, to burn down a city?
    Based on the replies I've seen above your reply, it seems like the answer is inching towards yes.

Because two wrongs always makes it right...

/sigh

Not knowing anything isn't the same as knowing some things. I didn't believe his made up bullshit story to begin with, that doesn't mean he might not have had good reason to tell the story the way he did, and it doesn't mean the some of what we was saying wasn't true.

People actually do this regularly all the time, it's not always because they are being malicious, sometimes people are embarrassed, sometimes people are simply mistaken, or skewed in a manner of their own perception.

Jussie in my opinion simply lied

My saying I don't know what he lied about is because there is no way I could and neither could you, or anybody else not investigating the case with facts, not feelings.

Obviously there wasn't enough to validate the charges the prosecution would and should have known before they did. Again this backfired and they fucked up, That I know.
    He paid his friends to beat him up (they admitted this) , buy a rope (they have it on video) tie a noose around his neck. He wrote a letter threatening himself and mailed white powder through the mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's still a bullshit liar. Everyone knows it. Two Nigerians didn't frame him for funzies. No white people remotely involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Stop voting for politicians that keep making laws that protect the wealthy and their wealth then?
    "just fix ur whole government"
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    They don't throw the files in a fire. Things can be unsealed if new facts arise. In any case, he got a sweetheart deal because what they would have convicted him on would have gotten probation and maybe a fine. So he paid 10k to not have to plead guilty and save the city the time and money to prosecute the case.
    Maybe likely but convicting him they would have had to put themselves on trial to lay the foundation for evidence, so you can say whatever you want opinion whatever you want.

The DA wouldn't have filed charges without knowing the possible outcomes they did, and now they dropped it and cleared him of any wrong doing, and sorry no they won't pick up the ball later and do anything.

Especially when now some are claiming even if they convicted they would have gotten next to nothing.

Bottom Line is they fucked up, despite what anyone would say or want to say, this came down to the evidence, yes they could have convicted him, but not without shinning the spotlight on themselves and what they didn't do and likely if they lost, they would be on the hook for money and a lawsuit from him.

Spin it however you want but those are the facts and the context for outcome

Maybe likely but convicting him they would have had to put themselves on trial to lay the foundation for evidence, so you can say whatever you want opinion whatever you want.

The DA wouldn't have filed charges without knowing the possible outcomes they did, and now they dropped it and cleared him of any wrong doing, and sorry no they won't pick up the ball later and do anything.

Especially when now some are claiming even if they convicted they would have gotten next to nothing.

Bottom Line is they fucked up, despite what anyone would say or want to say, this came down to the evidence, yes they could have convicted him, but not without shinning the spotlight on themselves and what they didn't do and likely if they lost, they would be on the hook for money and a lawsuit from him.

Spin it however you want but those are the facts and the context for outcome
    "Jussie Smollett: "I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one"
    What do you think about this statement?

Well since he paid 10,000 I guess it's a victimless crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    "Plea deals" don't involve dropping every charge, they still require pleading guilty to a charge, hence why they're called plea deals.
    Hence the term "basically". It wasn't an official one by any means. The prosecutor basically gave him good behavior credit for past community stuff and got smollet to turn over his bond as an unofficial fine. IM sure someone with Smollet's means paid the bond himself instead of via a bondsman and thus would be entitled to have the entire thing returned to him. It wouldnt hurt to open your mind and think critically instead of a dense focused view of everything.