Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really miss raddon's memebeam spec. Though it would probably be too hard to balance with nowadays focus on eyebeam damage even in single target.

Quote Originally Posted by lqr View Post
    shadow is 6
    affli is 6

oh no the bosses are too far for you to cleave ??? and the shadow/moonkin/affliction actually get to use THEIR strenghts??? Wow what a shocking Gameplay that is.

dont make dh harder as it is dude. its a boring 123 spec
    Dont make shadow than it is dude, its a boring 4 button spec dude. 1 button to put up your dots, 1 button with a short cd, 1 button to spam, and the void eruption.

None of the current dps specs we have are hard to play.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    fel rush and glide have ruined every other class for me. its something i cant give up.
    Everytime I get on my main (priest) I keep accidentally hitting my fel rush keybind which obviously isn't fel rush on my priest and being incredibly sad that I can't fel rush on every single class.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Dont make shadow than it is dude, its a boring 4 button spec dude. 1 button to put up your dots, 1 button with a short cd, 1 button to spam, and the void eruption.

None of the current dps specs we have are hard to play.
    never said its had ?
    mindblast
    pain
    touch
    mind flay
    mind sear
    voidbolt

still 6

Quote Originally Posted by dez1216 View Post
    Everytime I get on my main (priest) I keep accidentally hitting my fel rush keybind which obviously isn't fel rush on my priest and being incredibly sad that I can't fel rush on every single class.
    And this is why my priest isnt my main anymore, I rerolled monk healer and have roll on same keybind as fel rush! :P

I tried to level it 2 times (both sides). 3 buttons boring spec :/

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I know that the 'M' in FOTM stands for 'month', but that doesn't mean that every 1st of the month the playerbase all gathers and decides on the ''new hot spec'' to all reroll to. A class/spec can very much be (and has been the case several times in the past) FOTM for several months or tiers..

I said what it is, not what the acronym stands for. But sure, that spec thats been mid to slightly above average has been flavor of the [almost two years]. /eyeroll

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Havoc is 5 buttons
    Frost Dk Is 4
    Balance is 5/6
    Frost M is 4/5
    BM is 5
    Enhance is 5
    Shadow Is 4
    Destruction is 5.
    Outlaw is 5
    Its almost like... hm Its almost like blizzard planned it.

Every DPS seems to be about 4-6 rotational abilities, with a couple of Cooldowns.

I think most of you people saying DH is so easy to play have no idea 1) how to play a DH, or 2) are just fucking salty as hell when a DH does better AOE than you. Sucks don't it. You know what sucks more, when the boomkin/shadow/affliction lock has more than 2 targets in a boss fight and they are too far apart for me to aoe/cleave. They get retarded numbers. Actually, I don't really care about that, because they are killing adds, and I get to sit my ass on the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Not enough Effective health, Not enough Self Healing, Not enough avoidance, Not enough Active Mitigation Uptime. If I wanted to tank anything beyond content I overgear, I'd reroll to literally anything but VDH or Guardian. Probably Brew Master or Paladin.
    Or 3, played DH when it launched, absolutely fell in love with the throw glaive/momentum playstyle that was the deal then, and then threw up out of sheer disgust when fucking auto attack blades were made the norm.

Havoc never recovered after the whingers fucked momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    Or 3, played DH when it launched, absolutely fell in love with the throw glaive/momentum playstyle that was the deal then, and then threw up out of sheer disgust when fucking auto attack blades were made the norm.

Havoc never recovered after the whingers fucked momentum.
    Demonic is the current spec, which doesn't use Demon Blades (since BFA launch). If you're gonna bitch about current gameplay discussion, then maybe you should at least know that much.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Havoc was incredibly strong in the beta and at the beginning of bfa no? Even now it's one of the best melee in the game (and the #1 most popular dps spec to this date according to warcraftlogs)

What more do u want ?
    I think this might have something to do with the feeling of power you get with havoc. Its very somewhat bursty, you can group of a bulkton of mobs in open world and aoe them all down rapidly. The self healing is very nice, and the game play is more action oriented. You have to "aim" eyebeam. Eye beam has a good range on it you can hit the targets from a distance when melee range isn't possible/safe. Plus double jump/glide lets you do things no other class can. Class is very satisfying to play.

I can't really say the same for my DK, Paladin (except prot), warrior, priest, hunter, or warlock. Only other class I really enjoy right now is boomkin, but its solo play feels lackluster.

I think a lot of people start one because its so close to level cap so they make it for a profession alt, end up enjoying the game play and switching.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

DH feels modern. All other classes were getting there in Legion until Blizzard pulled them 10 years back with BfA.
    They are visually and mechanically dull, except maybe Fire Mage, Retri and maybe SPriest/Demolock.

DH playstyle is liberating and satisfying, you can navigate the battlefield, you can kill the things, got CC to throw around, some CDs, some defs.

I am having a blast as well on DH having struggled to squeeze every last min-max drop out of my Mage to stay somewhat relevant as DPS. You don't have that problem with DH, if you just understand your class and encounters you will be fine and just enjoy playing and being useful. If you decide to min-max the DH you will be great.

Except on spread multitarget. No one is great therr but the dot specs. Which at the same time I find incredibly dull to play, but hey, there is satisfaction in topping the metters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy2 View Post
    1. Demon's Bite 2. Chaos Strike 3. Blade Dance 4. Eyebeam 5. Immolation Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Neufab View Post
    1. Demon's Bite 2. Chaos Strike 3. Blade Dance 4. Eyebeam 5. Immolation Aura
    I'm new to DPS Demon Hunter, always been Vengeance. Anyways created a second fresh new DH, she's 111 now, got her leveled up by only doing Legion Invasions in a few days.

So...for leveling and questing in BfA zones;

Anyways, start with Demon Bite or Immulation Aura to build up energy ?

Then what ? Blade Dance second and then Eye Beam, and then hack away at Chaos Blade nonstop with a Demon Bite here and there to keep energy up?

SV Hunter is pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I quit my 12 year old rogue to a demon hunter this xpack. I can't speak for other classes but compared to DHs, rogues are in a sorry state. Number wise, rogues might be equal or better, but when it comes to "fun" it's not there. You can't compare them to DHs.
    You're high as hell man. Rogues are the only melee class that are above DH. Rogues are in a fantastic place, at least Assassination and Outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    You're high as hell man. Rogues are the only melee class that are above DH. Rogues are in a fantastic place, at least Assassination and Outlaw.
    That's exactly what I said. They might be better in terms of DPS but I do not enjoy rogues. In terms of "fun", in my opinion, they are miles below DH.

That's exactly what I said. They might be better in terms of DPS but I do not enjoy rogues. In terms of "fun", in my opinion, they are miles below DH.
    No, you said they were in a sorry state. They are not even close to a sorry state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    No, you said they were in a sorry state. They are not even close to a sorry state.
    Your reading skills and comprehension capacity is in a sorry state .

Your reading skills and comprehension capacity is in a sorry state .
    I quit my 12 year old rogue to a demon hunter this xpack. I can't speak for other classes but compared to DHs, rogues are in a sorry state. Number wise, rogues might be equal or better, but when it comes to "fun" it's not there. You can't compare them to DHs.
    Uhh, hello? There is no comparison that makes Rogues look like they're in a sorry state.

Don't be daft.

Fun is hard to measure, but what do you think rogues even lack? Mobility? Check. Survivability? Check. Massive damage? Check, just look current mdi double rogue everywhere. CC? Check. Unique utility? Check.

And don't say "oh but they're too simplistic", because DHs are similarly, if not more simplistic, vast majority of the classes are.

Yeah, DHs can glide and double jump and have funky tattoos, but that's not something related to class balance, it's like saying mages are fun because you can port around with no cooldown.