Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Playable Race in HD or in the Original Skins?

I haven't seen read anywhere about this, but will we be able to play our characters in the current HD version, or will everything be returned to the old graphics, including all our characters?

Considering that this is just a matter of how the player views the world and doesnt affect anyone else's playability and classic experience, i think Blizzard should give us the option to choose between playing with the old or new graphics in the preferences list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything will be returned to the original graphics.
    As they said, it's going to be as close to authentic as possible.

We've also already had a billion topics about this, they won't give you an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

We've also already had a billion topics about this, they won't give you an option.
    not quite
    its GOOD old models, polished and shit
    but not the new models no
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    not quite
    its GOOD old models, polished and shit
    but not the new models no
    I mean, if you're basing things off of the demo, it's likely the old textures hadn't been implemented yet.
    Since they have the 1.12 data, including textures for all the races, I doubt they'd use the improved textures from late WotLK.

I mean, if you're basing things off of the demo, it's likely the old textures hadn't been implemented yet.
    Since they have the 1.12 data, including textures for all the races, I doubt they'd use the improved textures from late WotLK.
    the world looks a lot more polished too, I doubt theyll let their best Ip look like it did early vanilla, nothing but greys and people playing 800 600 , 1024
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    the world looks a lot more polished too, I doubt theyll let their best Ip look like it did early vanilla, nothing but greys and people playing 800 600 , 1024
    Again, you're basing judgement off of an early Alpha-build where they hadn't even had time to implement the core mechanics fully.
    It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to say that they'll go with updated graphics.

Also in regards to the post made a few minutes ago, considering they're changing spell batching and process cycles to closer resemble Vanilla, that's a lot more work than just plopping in texture packs for the engine to call to.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Considering that this is just a matter of how the player views the world and doesnt affect anyone else's playability and classic experience, i think Blizzard should give us the option to choose between playing with the old or new graphics in the preferences list.
    If you want dopey new models, play BFA, If you want original models, play Classic - seems simple enough?

Again, you're basing judgement off of an early Alpha-build where they hadn't even had time to implement the core mechanics fully.
    It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to say that they'll go with updated graphics.

Also in regards to the post made a few minutes ago, considering they're changing spell batching and process cycles to closer resemble Vanilla, that's a lot more work than just plopping in texture packs for the engine to call to.
    there are interface options to change it to full vanilla and to bump it up a notch, nothing crazy
    seemed intended
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Playing on a TBC server at present and can confirm that it's possible to use the WoD character models client-side. Various other textures like terrain etc can be updated as well.

https://forum.atlantiss.eu/netherwin...-npcs-for-tbc/
    https://forum.atlantiss.eu/netherwin...uid-forms-tbc/
    https://forum.atlantiss.eu/netherwin...es-yay-or-nay/

I would prefer updated models and graphics (for everything), but apparently, I'm in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    I would prefer updated models and graphics (for everything), but apparently, I'm in the minority.
    I'm with you fam. I would love me some Classic with remastered graphics.

I'm right there with you buddy. If anything, it would make the game more immersive. An option for both would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    If you want dopey new models, play BFA, If you want original models, play Classic - seems simple enough?
    I think you meant "if you want Dopey old models play classic, if you want amazing high definition quality models play BFA"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miake View Post
    I think you meant "if you want Dopey old models play classic, if you want amazing high definition quality models play BFA"
    Except all of the new animations look absolutely atrocious, especially undeads.
    The new models and animations were a big reason behind why I stopped enjoying WoW.

Me too, that is why I was asking.

And this just impacts the player's experience without affecting the others.

Its like using different lenses to see the world.

You're not in the minority, Blizzard put out polls about this awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You're not in the minority, Blizzard put out polls about this awhile ago.
    Got a link?

I hope they'll go for these models for Classic:

Are the dead logging servers, crashes, lags and queues coming back aswell ?

I would love to have a debuff “Lagging” “takes you 10 sec to loot a mob” just to show true experience of classic xd

Got a link?
    It was on MMO-C awhile ago, if you dig you'll find it. Was a Blizzard poll not a MMO-C one, they asked a whole bunch of questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I did find a reddit link if you don't want to dig through mmo-c: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...n_survey_help/

Not sure if you can access the replies but updated graphics/models had over 50% support, all other suggested changes were not as popular. I can't recall what they were...I think one might have been on connected flight paths.