Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Organized raiding also exists on live...so yeah, not much of a difference on that front basically.

Unlike you i'm not wearing rose tinted goggles, so that may the the difference.
    Organized raiding isn't a thing in live. First only a quarter of the people play it compared to Classic... second... 4 difficulties.

just LOL.. Raiding isn't fun in live. It's an RNG, Titanfogring, joke... with no Tier.. NONE. No flavor whatsoever.... just more iLevel.

If the personal satisfaction of knowing you killed jaina with more health flisp your switch then modern WoW is right up your alley.

Rose tinted goggles? Your server is going to blacklist anyone who has such harsh opinions of the community. Your pugs will indeed be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Organized raiding isn't a thing in live.
    It's not?
    Then why are there guilds looking for more people?

just LOL.. Raiding isn't fun in live.
    [Opinion]

If the personal satisfaction of knowing you killed jaina with more health flisp your switch then modern WoW is right up your alley.
    If you take any pride in defeating Classic bosses...it would be better to stop arguing with you, which i'm actually going to do after this post.

mmo-champion is like a kindergarten, and raider.io is like a box of condoms. The children are playing with the inflatable soft balls they found somewhere, all while wondering about the bleak colors and the weird shape of these balls.

It is quite terrifying to watch, but also somewhat amusing. Cannot resist checking in every day to see what is the raider.io thread of the day.

Because when everyone is handed 400+ gear, item level becomes a poor indicator of competence

I can be confident, to some degree that someone with a io score of 1500+ knows how to dodge shit, interrupt and has, at the very least, a rudimentary understanding of the dungeon challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raider.IO exists because of lazy players who put in no effort to become better at the game but still feel like they are entitled to be a part of everything.

Change my mind!
    What a well thought out thread. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What a well thought out thread. Thanks.
    Thank you. Your reply contributes to keeping this thread alive and put focus on this important topic.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Raider.io exists because Item Level means nothing for M+ besides stamina.
    I don't care about Rio, but stamina and Item Level are kind of the same thing. It's just that tanks have usually higher HP's pool, but once again, you can determine what Ilvl they are after a while.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its not like mythic dungeons are hard unless ur a tank/healer...anything under 10 is complete faceroll, theres no need for raider.io unless ur pushing 12+
    wrong, have you ever played with a person from Ragnaros with an IO of 75? even in a 4 there are some things that are never worth bringing a south american into

Ewwww... you said pug... gross. Have fun in those. I'm sorry you have such a poor view of fellow players. I hope it doesn't affect you too adversely on your server.
    Tbh I don't understand you. I don't know if you were in Vanilla, but I was. Let me tell you, it hasn't really changed since then. Hell, I'm pretty sure Classic will be another "remastered" version blizzard like to throw nowadays. I'll be damned if it doesn't lose 90% of its community within a few months.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2019-04-05 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Because when everyone is handed 400+ gear, item level becomes a poor indicator of competence

I can be confident, to some degree that someone with a io score of 1500+ knows how to dodge shit, interrupt and has, at the very least, a rudimentary understanding of the dungeon challenges
    this

nothing more, nothing less

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    Exactly. Most people who argue against r.io are just snowflakes who want to get carried..
    I don't think this is true. The people who complain about .io are the people who see M+ as a source of loot. They want to complete a particular dungeon for a shot at particular piece of loot, but find that they can never get into any group for that dungeon and so blame .IO for it.

Running your own key is a good way to get into a group and raise your .io score but it's not much help if you're, say, just trying to farm Freehold for Harlan's Dice.

In early Legion (before raider.io took off) it was really common for people to just farm the same dungeon over and over because it dropped loot they wanted and they had become familiar with it. With raider.io that just isn't really possible, if you aren't doing all 10 dungeons on a regular basis you're not going to have a high enough .IO score to get invited to the dungeon you actually want to do. This is a real and justifiable complaint if you ask me. Not everyone has the time to farm .IO score in all 10 dungeons just to get invited to the actual dungeon they want to run.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-04-05 at 03:27 PM.

to close this out, dudes with the same gear doing +10 - +26 however the difference between a +10 and a +18 is so big that you need some kind of point or ranking system to filter out someone who never have done it. this why r.io exist.

5+ Year Old Account
    I know people who are much better than me, as a result my Raider IO is high enough to get invites into plenty of groups in LFG. Unlucky shitheads

As far as mythic + is concerned, when you're getting to the point where an IO score matters (lets say upwards of a 15 level key), you're well past the point where people should be "learning" the basics of their classes or the dungeons. All the comments in here about people being selfish and not helping others and blah blah...

You don't get to tank people's keys by pretending you know your stuff and then completely screwing it up and then crying BUT IM NEW I NEED HELP. That's not how M+ works. It's time limited and higher pressure the higher you go. People are under the pump to perform optimally on their own classes and specs, they don't have the time, nor should they have to put in the effort to teach you to play your own chosen class as well.

As for IO in general, i personally am not sure where i sit with it. I like that at a glance it allows some filtering out of people who just genuinely have put in zero effort to get better, however i have also had alts of "2k mains" who were just completely bad. As in, back to the wotlk era "did you get your account on eBay" bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    But it does the exact opposite?
    ironically, it's the lazy idiots that do the opposite. judge a tool by the user of it, not the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    As far as mythic + is concerned, when you're getting to the point where an IO score matters (lets say upwards of a 15 level key)
    If only that were true. It's being used for high keys and all the way to m0. I wish I was lying too which is the sad part. I tried to get the weekly m0s done on my horde alt and was declined repeatedly, or after signing up for a group, it was obvious I was waiting for them to raider.io scan me. And this is as a healer. It's just a sad state. Fortunately, we were invited to a non raider.io jackoff group of people who just wanted to get them done and sailed right through. I like to think that the ones that declined me got some pretty fail healers in their group.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    With raider.io that just isn't really possible, if you aren't doing all 10 dungeons on a regular basis you're not going to have a high enough .IO score to get invited to the dungeon you actually want to do.
    How so? Do every dungeon once at the key level you want to go farm your item in and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Tbh I don't understand you. I don't know if you were in Vanilla, but I was. Let me tell you, it hasn't really changed since then. Hell, I'm pretty sure Classic will be another "remastered" version blizzard like to throw nowadays. I'll be damned if it doesn't lose 90% of its community within a few months.
    I wan't.. I started early TBC. Which is why I am so pumped to play Classic. But I do recall the LFG channel and making friends, and having my whispers going off like mad when I logged on "Hey man.. wanna do H Shatt Halls?"

For the past several years... all I see are people from the battle group servers running around CRZd... queued for instances with people they don't know.. STILL waiting 20mins to an hour for it to pop.

Like most anything... WoW is a gem best "shared" with friends... there isn;t much charing going on in LFD/LFR/pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    How so? Do every dungeon once at the key level you want to go farm your item in and you're set.
    Well, no. You're only "set" until such time that other people start catching up and surpassing that score, then you have to do it all over again. You're in constant competition with other players for spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    As far as mythic + is concerned, when you're getting to the point where an IO score matters (lets say upwards of a 15 level key).
    Why do you think .io score matters only 15 and up? Do you invite people with 100 .io to your +10 farms?

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post

Why do you think .io score matters only 15 and up? Do you invite people with 100 .io to your +10 farms?
    Because its at that point that, in my opinion, you physically need to have the experience that is reflected (in general - again im sure there are people out there that buy/get carried through dungeons all the time - that's a seperate issue) by having a decent IO score. At that point in order to at least time the key you need to know some of the ins and outs of your ability on your class and be able to perform it.

I personally don't do 10 farms, i know lots of people do, but i have invited IO scores significantly less than my own (which isn't that great at all) into keys between the 10 and 14 brackets because i am also aware that it is hard to get IO rating, particularly for certain classes.
    The people in general who are only aiming for their 10 or 10 farms aren't looking to PUSH the timers and PUSH the keys and themselves. For the most part that crowd tends to be, in my experience, the one that does a 10 on each of their max level characters a week and only so they get a chest at the reset.