Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Whay is Arms so clunky and sad in BfA ?

I am no pro Warrior player at all. I just started playing a warrior in Legion, using my free boost to start one. I typically Tank, so was Prot the majority of legion, but at the end during Antorus, I tried both Arms and Fury, and Arms felt so good in Legion patch 7.3, fast, never cool down or waiting issues, and was a simple enough rotation, and I felt like a bad ass god, just whacking away people with my 2 hander. But Fury in Legion felt a bit clunky, and I just could never get the DPS high, and seemed to have some rotation issues, so I stuck with Arms and loved it.

Fast forward to BfA, and it seems the opposite now. Arms feels clunky and funky, and pauses and waiting issues, and Fury is warp speed fast, never waiting on anything, just always a spell to hit, and go berserk.

Well last night my buddy said try Arms again, he told me the talents to pick, and redo my Azerite gear, and his couple rotation recommendations. And I could just not get comfortable with it, it felt slow, but mostly like waiting and downtime, and cool down issues, and just strange and alien feeling. Arms today in 8.1.5 feels NOTHING like Arms of Legion 7.3, they seem like completely different classes. I LOVED my Arms Warrior at the end of Legion, why did they radically change it, and gimp it making it seems slow and clunky ?

I went back to Fury, and it just feels so much smoother, no downtime

I leveled my warrior as Arms and hit 120 2 days ago, is fun to play no complains here.

10+ Year Old Account
    End of legion I picked out Fury as my main for BfA. The rotation felt amazing. And you get to whack away at people with TWO 2 handers haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I am no pro Warrior player at all. I just started playing a warrior in Legion, using my free boost to start one. I typically Tank, so was Prot the majority of legion, but at the end during Antorus, I tried both Arms and Fury, and Arms felt so good in Legion patch 7.3, fast, never cool down or waiting issues, and was a simple enough rotation, and I felt like a bad ass god, just whacking away people with my 2 hander. But Fury in Legion felt a bit clunky, and I just could never get the DPS high, and seemed to have some rotation issues, so I stuck with Arms and loved it.

Fast forward to BfA, and it seems the opposite now. Arms feels clunky and funky, and pauses and waiting issues, and Fury is warp speed fast, never waiting on anything, just always a spell to hit, and go berserk.

Well last night my buddy said try Arms again, he told me the talents to pick, and redo my Azerite gear, and his couple rotation recommendations. And I could just not get comfortable with it, it felt slow, but mostly like waiting and downtime, and cool down issues, and just strange and alien feeling. Arms today in 8.1.5 feels NOTHING like Arms of Legion 7.3, they seem like completely different classes. I LOVED my Arms Warrior at the end of Legion, why did they radically change it, and gimp it making it seems slow and clunky ?

I went back to Fury, and it just feels so much smoother, no downtime
    Unless played incorrectly (or taking FoB), Arms shouldn't have large swaths of downtime, nor should it be terribly different from what it played in Legion.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

It's not a great spec right now, its slow, clunky and doesn't really do any damage. If you love it, like I do, your best bet is just to accept this and pray for future changes.

It plays fine imo. It could use some more self healing for leveling but pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    It plays fine imo. It could use some more self healing for leveling but pretty good
    Second Wind and victory rush kept me alive at all times. Just slow any mob and kite them until Second wind proccs after 5 seconds and heal to full within 10 seconds. I solo'd every group quest with this. Self-sustain was actually the strongest point while leveling for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I leveled my warrior as Arms and hit 120 2 days ago, is fun to play no complains here.
    Don't worry guys, this guy has played a Warrior for 2 days and says no complaints, obviously the spec is working perfectly! close thread the LFR raiders have spoken

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Arms is meant to have a slower rotation and more difficult rage management (if you spam rage spenders your downtime increases). Regarding CD's: all of arms' CDs are quite short - not sure what you mean with "cooldown issues".

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Don't worry guys, this guy has played a Warrior for 2 days and says no complaints, obviously the spec is working perfectly! close thread the LFR raiders have spoken
    I never go LFR, I do all my gearing in M+. 1,5k in Season 1, then took a break and now leveled my high-mountain Arms Warrior, like I said so far nothing annoys me and doesn't feel clunky at all. I don't need to press a button at all times to feel satisfied with the gameplay.

If you think Arms is slow or clunky, you dont play arms well.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    End of legion I picked out Fury as my main for BfA. The rotation felt amazing. And you get to whack away at people with TWO 2 handers haha
    That's been a thing since TBC I hate fury now I enjoy arms more. But I'm unsubscribed I don't like the state of the game at all.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Arms has been a slower spec in every iteration of the game. You hit slow, and big. Sometimes you skip a GCD and pool some rage.

Fury hits fast and small and is GCD locked.

Play what you like?

Why even have 2 specs if they both played the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    Arms has been a slower spec in every iteration of the game. You hit slow, and big. Sometimes you skip a GCD and pool some rage.

Fury hits fast and small and is GCD locked.

Play what you like?

Why even have 2 specs if they both played the same.
    People just want to press buttons and see big numbers. And Blizzard has been caving in for a long time, I hope (like they promised/mentioned in a recent interview) that they will make classes and specs more distinguished. Arms is supposed to hit like a truck in short bursts of destruction similar to Arcane Mage in design. Let's keep it like that and not make Arms a Fury 2.0 with button spam.

basically /agree

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    People just want to press buttons and see big numbers. And Blizzard has been caving in for a long time, I hope (like they promised/mentioned in a recent interview) that they will make classes and specs more distinguished. Arms is supposed to hit like a truck in short bursts of destruction similar to Arcane Mage in design. Let's keep it like that and not make Arms a Fury 2.0 with button spam.

basically /agree
    the problem is arms hit big no more, used to be with execute trait, i guess that class fantasy is dead for now.

mortal strike and execute hit like wet noodle

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    IT really was not. MoP Arms was IMO the best itaration ,it played completely different than fury and it was GCD locked.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    the problem is arms hit big no more, used to be with execute trait, i guess that class fantasy is dead for now.

mortal strike and execute hit like wet noodle
    Yeah. It's mind-boggling that there are no azerite traits that buff your most important abilities.

did you play from beginning of bfa?

arm was fast and fury was clunky during uldir. arm was so fast with execute spam first raid tier then blizzard decide to nerf it for 8.1.

now arm is dead while fury is smooth now with plenty of haste from better gear.

Deep wounds as mastery is such a fucking joke it's unreal. If I was designing this class, it would be something like "Your autoattacks charge you up for (weaponspeed - 2.3) seconds, increasing the damage of your abilities by mastery%, critical strikes charge you up for (weaponspeed - 1.5) seconds instead.". Now you have to track auto attack, have top plan which gcds to use after it and you have a reason to want all stats since they all interact together. Holy shit, you might actually get something that is interestingly complex to play?! Yeah not gonna happen then.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    IT really was not. MoP Arms was IMO the best itaration ,it played completely different than fury and it was GCD locked.
    agreed. i would even take WoD Arms orgo back to Legion arms at this point.

arms was fast and fury was clunky during uldir. arm was so fast with execute spam first raid tier then blizzard decide to nerf it for 8.1
    due to the uldir buff + uldir azerite buff. they need to revert the to the pre-nerf values.

Deep wounds as mastery is such a fucking joke it's unreal.
    agreed. aka Bleed Knights.