Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

kicked out island expedition 2 times in a row by same guys 1h deserter

join as healer in island expedition got kiked 30 min deserter buf 30 min later same guys instant kiked me
    they both same realm this happens all the time in dungeon when people play as party

7+ Year Old Account
    healer is useless in islands thou

Don't join as a healer? Unless you're going in a group of friends going as a healer is wasting everyone's time. The content isn't designed to need a healer or a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    Don't join as a healer? Unless you're going in a group of friends going as a healer is wasting everyone's time. The content isn't designed to need a healer or a tank.
    Hay going in with a tank has its perks, like pulling half the island and burning it for a quick win.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Hay going in with a tank has its perks, like pulling half the island and burning it for a quick win.
    This, some of the fastest Islands I have done is with a solid tank. I'm playing arms war at the moment so I don't mind a healer but it does tend to slow things down. Try swapping to DPS for island spam? If you are set on healing maybe pre arrange groups that way at least the other 2 players will know ahead of time?
    Dying isn't that big a deal when running islands in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Getting defensive about the commentary from a tank perspective doesn't change or invalidate the point. The content wasn't designed to need a healer or tank. While a tank has the option to pull a ton of stuff and start wracking up some crazy aoe damage (presuming people can avoid standing in all the swirlies), healers contribute very little because the healing isn't required. There's some stuff they can buy with the tokens that can help, but if a healer is tagging along and expecting to be carried through it while they do almost nothing I'd votekick them every single time. The same as I would a tank or a dps that wasn't carrying their own weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaruu View Post
    join as healer in island expedition got kiked 30 min deserter buf 30 min later same guys instant kiked me
    they both same realm this happens all the time in dungeon when people play as party
    I've personally never experienced people in premade groups trolling by randomly kicking someone for no valid reason. I'm sure there are jerks out there who abuse the strength in numbers but it's not that there isn't a reason for it, it's usually that you don't agree with the reason.

Playing a healer for island expedition is, as has been stated, a bit of a waste of everyone's time. The majority of the damage is completely avoidable and comes in big spikes. Your heals are useless if the person gets 1-shot by a slam. There's also plenty of ways to heal yourself on the islands, whether it's food on the ground or the orbs that spawn when you kill empowered mobs. Not every group will want to carry around what is essentially dead weight. Plenty of groups might not care since you can essentially solo a normal or even heroic expedition at this point, but the ones who do care are not in the wrong.

Switch to a spec that will contribute something and you won't need to worry about premades as much.

When someone kicks you, put them on ignore so you don’t get grouped with them again.

7+ Year Old Account
    To my experience, people don't often kick for no reason in IEs. However, as stated, people do kick if you don't do anything. I don't think people mind healers, as long as they dish in some damage. I've had Disc Priests do a decent damage before, never seen anyone try to kick them. But if you're one of those people who join as a healer, then stand still most of the time, yeah. You can expect to be kicked a lot and it's your own fault.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    No one should EVER be forced to join as specific class/race/spec. If they wanted fast run, they should have made 3/3 premade group.
    This guy should write a ticket to GM tbh. Island expedition (and other features in-game) content IS designed for ALL classes/specs/races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    When someone kicks you, put them on ignore so you don’t get grouped with them again.
    Golden advice.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaruu View Post
    Healer is only useful in mythic man, and your not doing mythic, just go DPS.
    Also report him for abuse, there yaa go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    No one should EVER be forced to join as specific class/race/spec. If they wanted fast run, they should have made 3/3 premade group.
    This guy should write a ticket to GM tbh. Island expedition (and other features in-game) content IS designed for ALL classes/specs/races.
    "Hey we already have two tanks, sorry man"
    "ARE YOU FORCING ME TO CHANGE SPEC IF I WANT TO JOIN, HOW DARE YOU!? RAIDS ARE DESIGNED FOR ALL PLAYERS, AND YOU ARE SAYING I CANT BE A TANKS!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    And what would a ticket do, other than waste more people's time? The content might be designed for all classes and specs, but it's still also designed for a group. And if the majority of the group wants to be more effective, it's entirely fair game for them to take action for that. A GM won't do anything about this because what that group did is entirely within their right. They didn't break any rules and didn't abuse the system.

Your argument goes both ways anyway. If the healer didn't want to get kicked for being useless, they should have made a 3/3 premade group themselves to avoid that situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Healer is only useful in mythic man, and your not doing mythic, just go DPS.
    Also report him for abuse, there yaa go.
    You people need to get this mentality out of your head.
    Healers can contribute just as much to an island (or any content for that matter) as tanks or dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    And what would a ticket do, other than waste more people's time?
    you are implying that the healer doesn't do anything except standing around, which is not true for the majority of players.

Again, a healer can be just effective as a dps or tank.
    If a player doesn't do anything except standing around then obviously kick him but that applies to all 3 roles and not just healers.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay healer is not that wow in Island expidition, but its so simple that there is no need for a kick.

They also kick you if you are to low item level... what? yes! It happened to me on my dps.
    I did meet the item level req. for the expeditions, otherwise of course you cannot join.
    Then the two other said I was to low and should not join and got kicked with this 30 min deserter debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You people need to get this mentality out of your head.
    Healers can contribute just as much to an island (or any content for that matter) as tanks or dps.
    This is just plain wrong. That's what the orbs are for. Below mythic it's impossible to be bad enough to be a healer, and on mythic you just have to pay attention. If you don't, no healer can save you.

You can try to report them for vote kick abuse, but I'm not sure they'll really take action against them if they're only doing it once in awhile. Unfortunately it's difficult to change community perception, but keep fighting the good fight.

Similar abuse happens with the automated silence system, though here it only takes 2 people to do whatever they want.

I can confirm that I have been randomly kicked from IEs by 2 other random friends on a few occasions. Really nothing stopping them until we hear about people actually getting actioned for random vote kick abuse (if you did it for a prolonged period perhaps, but do people report, and how many reports would it take?).

It's kinda rare though since you're just playing roulette on that front. I could definitely see it happening more often to the OP because of the community perception of a healer, as further evidenced by this thread. Other people that queue as non-disc healer can chime in, but it wouldn't surprise me if OP gets kicked in over 10% of his islands based off the combined chances of trolling and community perception.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-04-07 at 10:14 AM.

happens to me all the time as well, except i happen to be a dps, vote kick system is abused in islands

One idea I can think for the OP: if you're a healer and want to skew the group's perception in your favor, you can offer to clean up nodes (do all the mining). Like hit a macro at the start of every island that you'll be playing healer but also the clean up.

I've been in groups before with like 2 tank specced players and one of them usually just does the node cleanup while the other picks up the mobs.