Thread: Rise of Azshara

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Horde stuff seems plausible, but the Alliance stuff doesn't.

I can buy some kind of internal conflict between the leaders but what's described sounds really forced. The leaders of the Alliance, by and large, recognize Sylvanas is the problem. Genn has a whole arc about it in Before the Storm and Jaina goes out of her way to spare the Zandalari in Dazar'alor. The only one I could maybe see fighting it is Tyrande, but even her beef is with Sylvanas.

It doesn't really make sense to me that these characters would continue to push a war with the Horde that they're only fighting because of Sylvanas, after the Horde has expelled Sylvanas, and when their mercy is basically the only reason the Horde even still exists at this point.

Which doesn't mean it won't happen, because Blizzard's writing rarely makes sense, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie View Post
    First post. New account.

Thanks Troll.
    At least more plausible than the most.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. we already had theories of that
    2. same
    3. we knew that...
    4. we knew that
    5. we shall see
    6. that would be cool
    7. this was already pretty much figured
    8. sounds... annoying
    9. we already knew this stp telling us things we already know
    10. AGAIN we already know this
    11. sounds odd but ok
    12. ok, any tell of what it will look like?
    13. ok? obvious, but trolls already have a racial leader...
    14. so tell us what these are...
    15. yeah we sorta knew this....
    16. by who? tell us, by wo?
    17. TELL US WHAT THIS IS
    18. and yeah you bassicly fucked yourself over, being way too vague, if you are going to "risk your job" leaking stuff, dont be vague about things and just fucking say it.
    Unless this leak is planned by PR team. Then it has to be vague to attract players. However, I think this is fake. The trick is that you have to add things that are already known so people will think it's more plausible.

We will see if this is true when we will datamine the new affix.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I can see some of the leak stuff being true.

One thing I remember from another "leak" there was talk of Jaina accidentally killing Genn Greymane.

Another thing I've noticed when it comes to WoW patch releases, they usually line up with another game assuming for competition reasons, in this case I could see either a patch or raid being released on July 2nd, which is the date of the new FFXIV expansion gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post

One thing I remember from another "leak" there was talk of Jaina accidentally killing Genn Greymane.

Another thing I've noticed when it comes to WoW patch releases, they usually line up with another game assuming for competition reasons, in this case I could see either a patch or raid being released on July 2nd, which is the date of the new FFXIV expansion gets released.
    They'll line up the patch or raid for then. They've been doing it since A Realm Reborn relaunched.

It's good WoW has some competition now though. For too long it's had a huge lead in the MMO market.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    This leak, I like it. ANOTHER!
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Umbra View Post
    - Patch 8.2 "Rise of Azshara" launches in May 2019

- Eternal Palace, the raidzone, goes live in June 2019

- Pathfinder part 2 is coming as well. The current plan is to allow flying in Nazjatar as well.

- Nazajtar will not be entirely unlocked on the patch day, it will follow similar pattern as Argus and the content there will be time gated like the Broken Shore

- It will be revealed that Azshara and N'zoth are no longer allies, Azshara acts as his jailor and abuses his powers. For that, N'zoth will want us to kill her

- Glory of Nazjatar Raider awards Naga Brute mount, it looks like a modified version of Harjatan boss from the Tomb of Sargeras

- Paragon reputation chests will now drop mounts, 5.1 "Landfall" gryphon recolors for the Alliance and Pterrordax recolors for the Horde

- Mythic + affix for the next season is called "Drowning", it will lock random party member in a bubble which will have to be overhealed or they will die very quickly

- Azerite traits on the armor pieces will be automatically unlocked, there is no need to have X traits anymore

- On the other hand, the neck will have a new trait tree which will function like Artifact weapons in Legion but also very much resemble scrapped Path of the Titans from Cataclysm. These traits will require Heart of Azeroth levels

- Some of the new neck traits will be a raid/party cooldowns which will have a shared raid cooldown and be only functional for the people with that traits. Basically Antorus trinkets but not random

- After Taurens and Gnomes, next two races to recieve heritage armor will be Darkspear Trolls and Worgen

- Worgen heritage armor questline will be set in Gilneas and the Trolls will be picking their new racial leader

- Sylvanas will get tricked and partake a journey similar to what Gul'dan did during the Second War. Her quest for immortality and lust for power will have terrible consequences as she will follow and trust the voice that guides her

- Saurfang will return to Kalimdor and inform the rest of the Horde of Sylvanas' attempt to assassinate him. Baine is freed. After a negotiation with the Horde leaders, Sylvanas will be deprived of her title of Warchief in her abscence. The next Warchief will not yet be chosen, but Saurfang will act as the leader of the Horde and will open a peace negotiations with the Alliance

- Anduin will agree on the peace negotiations but the members of the Alliance will be enraged by his choice, the faction will face internal problems and Anduin's position as the High King will be challenged for the first time

- Finale of the new Alliance War Campaign will end up with a terrible and unintentional accident which will disrupt any chances of peace negotiations and will ultimately end up in the opening of third warfront which will be the biggest faction battle since the Second War

- 8.3 is not going to be what most of the people believe
    Lore of what we will see in Nazjatar? leader of the forces of the horde? leader of the forces of the alliance? Something interesting to see in Zinashari? Lore of the new allies like the Gilgoblins?

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Umbra View Post
    - Patch 8.2 "Rise of Azshara" launches in May 2019

- Eternal Palace, the raidzone, goes live in June 2019

- Pathfinder part 2 is coming as well. The current plan is to allow flying in Nazjatar as well.

- Nazajtar will not be entirely unlocked on the patch day, it will follow similar pattern as Argus and the content there will be time gated like the Broken Shore

- It will be revealed that Azshara and N'zoth are no longer allies, Azshara acts as his jailor and abuses his powers. For that, N'zoth will want us to kill her

- Glory of Nazjatar Raider awards Naga Brute mount, it looks like a modified version of Harjatan boss from the Tomb of Sargeras

- Paragon reputation chests will now drop mounts, 5.1 "Landfall" gryphon recolors for the Alliance and Pterrordax recolors for the Horde

- Mythic + affix for the next season is called "Drowning", it will lock random party member in a bubble which will have to be overhealed or they will die very quickly

- Azerite traits on the armor pieces will be automatically unlocked, there is no need to have X traits anymore

- On the other hand, the neck will have a new trait tree which will function like Artifact weapons in Legion but also very much resemble scrapped Path of the Titans from Cataclysm. These traits will require Heart of Azeroth levels

- Some of the new neck traits will be a raid/party cooldowns which will have a shared raid cooldown and be only functional for the people with that traits. Basically Antorus trinkets but not random

- After Taurens and Gnomes, next two races to recieve heritage armor will be Darkspear Trolls and Worgen

- Worgen heritage armor questline will be set in Gilneas and the Trolls will be picking their new racial leader

- Sylvanas will get tricked and partake a journey similar to what Gul'dan did during the Second War. Her quest for immortality and lust for power will have terrible consequences as she will follow and trust the voice that guides her

- Saurfang will return to Kalimdor and inform the rest of the Horde of Sylvanas' attempt to assassinate him. Baine is freed. After a negotiation with the Horde leaders, Sylvanas will be deprived of her title of Warchief in her abscence. The next Warchief will not yet be chosen, but Saurfang will act as the leader of the Horde and will open a peace negotiations with the Alliance

- Anduin will agree on the peace negotiations but the members of the Alliance will be enraged by his choice, the faction will face internal problems and Anduin's position as the High King will be challenged for the first time

- Finale of the new Alliance War Campaign will end up with a terrible and unintentional accident which will disrupt any chances of peace negotiations and will ultimately end up in the opening of third warfront which will be the biggest faction battle since the Second War

- 8.3 is not going to be what most of the people believe
    1. We know most of that stuff already
    2. You're so vague with the rest that it's probably one of the shittiest fake leaks I've seen in a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post

Well some of that "leak stuff" is indeed true, because most of that is already confirmed, besides some of the lore stuff that is so vague anyways
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-07 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Didn't they say they're not making anymore warfronts?
    Uh, no? They only said one wasn't coming with 8.2. Obviously they only coincide roughly with a change in PvP armor models, and they just changed it from Human/Orc style to Nelf/UD when the new season launched with the Troll raid.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    The hell is that supposed to mean?
    What do we believe about 8.3?
    People believe it will be N'zoth and Ny'alotha.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    They're adding Kul Tiran gryphons as mounts?!

Excuse me while I resub to the game..
    We been knew about them adding new gryphon mounts since blizzcon. Most of this "leak" is stuff we've already known with a bit of speculation thrown in.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    People believe it will be N'zoth and Ny'alotha.
    If Ny'alotha becomes another zone, I can see the playerbase split into two.

Group A: Oh my gosh this is the third zone we get in a patch. Mini expansion OMFG Blizz are Gods

Group B: Not only races but zones also come in patches SMH. This should have been in release. Blizz should go and farm turnips

It will be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    If Ny'alotha becomes another zone, I can see the playerbase split into two.

Group A: Oh my gosh this is the third zone we get in a patch. Mini expansion OMFG Blizz are Gods

Group B: Not only races but zones also come in patches SMH. This should have been in release. Blizz should go and farm turnips

It will be funny.
    Blizzard usually adds new zones. I would be immensely dissapointed if they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    holy fuck this has gotten pathetic.
    17k posts

hmmmMmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Blizzard usually adds new zones. I would be immensely dissapointed if they won't.
    Usually? How many zones were added in patches in total? And how many patches were there?

Honestly I really hope patch 8.2 will fix the azerite system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    The Horde stuff seems plausible, but the Alliance stuff doesn't.

I can buy some kind of internal conflict between the leaders but what's described sounds really forced. The leaders of the Alliance, by and large, recognize Sylvanas is the problem. Genn has a whole arc about it in Before the Storm and Jaina goes out of her way to spare the Zandalari in Dazar'alor. The only one I could maybe see fighting it is Tyrande, but even her beef is with Sylvanas.

It doesn't really make sense to me that these characters would continue to push a war with the Horde that they're only fighting because of Sylvanas, after the Horde has expelled Sylvanas, and when their mercy is basically the only reason the Horde even still exists at this point.

Which doesn't mean it won't happen, because Blizzard's writing rarely makes sense, but still.
    Tyrande's beef is with Saurfang.
    Also, I could see that famous incident being Derek related, which would make Jaina, most psychologically unstable character ever, to go nuts again.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Tyrande's beef is with Saurfang.
    Also, I could see that famous incident being Derek related, which would make Jaina, most psychologically unstable character ever, to go nuts again.
    Not exactly.

She believes that if she'd killed Saurfang when she had the chance, Teldrassil wouldn't have burned. But it's not like she's not going to hold Sylvanas, the actual person who did it, accountable over someone who's contribution is purely hypothetical (or at least it would be incredibly stupid if she did, but again, this is Blizzard we're talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'd love to have Anduin removed or better, killed. He's awful. I want Genn to take over the Alliance. In parts he might be Sylvanas-light but still a million times better than Pally Boy Anduin.
    Basically, as much as I hate Genn, he is a decent character, capable of developing stories instead of some massive sucker who gets saved by everyone yet has the guts to ruin everybody's characterizations to look better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Not exactly.

She believes that if she'd killed Saurfang when she had the chance, Teldrassil wouldn't have burned. But it's not like she's not going to hold Sylvanas, the actual person who did it, accountable over someone who's contribution is purely hypothetical (or at least it would be incredibly stupid if she did, but again, this is Blizzard we're talking about).
    What I mean is, as she has the grudges against Saurfang, as well as with Sylvanas, she has all the cards to play warmonger, because she simply has to go full kill the Hordies, a logical step for her character.

Her forgiving a Horde under Sylvanas OR Saurfang command would kill the char, tho. And even other warchiefs would have it awful to peace her out.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Basically, as much as I hate Genn, he is a decent character, capable of developing stories instead of some massive sucker who gets saved by everyone yet has the guts to ruin everybody's characterizations to look better.
    Anduin is just the poster boy of a boring hero. Alliance needs a fierce new leader and I don't care if it's Jaina or Genn but Anduin is just so incredibly boring (Malfurion is in the same league as Anduin when it comes to that).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again