Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Well, those are subraces of the Caucasoid race. As I said in my edited comment, it's not your typical white vs black racism you seen in the news, this one is harder to spot, heck, many even refuse to acknowledge its existence.
    yea, and tbh id go as far as saying the last on the list those with red hair are some of the most abused people in society. being ginger from what story's i have been told isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    yea, and tbh id go as far as saying the last on the list those with red hair are some of the most abused people in society. being ginger from what story's i have been told isn't fun.
    Living without a soul truly is a curse

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    No, there isn't.

Dark or pale asian, regardless of what country we were from, we were told go to back to China. People put on fake Chinese English accents. Even though we were Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai. People greeted us with ni hao, even though we're not Chinese.

They don't give a shit about your skin color, all Asian = Chinese to them.
    yes there is, you get less shit than a darker skinned Asian, that dosn't mean you don't get discriminated against outside Korea but you get less. further more your completely trying to ignore that within Korea you have privilege from having a lighter skin.

yes there is, you get less shit than a darker skinned Asian, that dosn't mean you don't get discriminated against outside Korea but you get less. further more your completely trying to ignore that within Korea you have privilege from having a lighter skin.
    No, there is absolutely no difference in Australia. Remember? We're talking about Australia.

No, there is absolutely no difference in Australia. Remember? We're talking about Australia.
    no were talking about white privilege, your trying to contain it to Australia because you don't want to face your own privilege and want to put it in a setting where the difference is a greater or lesser form of discrimination. but fail even there as you have the privilege of lighter skin and thus being more acceptable if not completely accepted.

that fact you don't even deny your light skin gives you privilege in your own country says a lot.

yes even in Australia, you are treated better than a darker skinned person, you get less shit than a darker skinned Asian because you have lighter skin, that doesn't mean you don't get abuse, it means you get less abuse. you also have access to things they don't thats the privilege.
    I appreciate you explaining to me the racism and stereotyping expressed toward me. It clarifies so much. /sarcasm

People will still be racist and still stereotype based on the mere fact Asians are Asians--narrower eyes, flatter nose, never viewed as "true citizens" but rather forever foreigners. No matter how long or however many generations we've in a non-Asian country. Skin tone is a tiny aspect of that. That'll probably be more true within Asian countries.

no were talking about white privilege, your trying to contain it to Australia because you don't want to face your own privilege and want to put it in a setting where the difference is a greater or lesser form of discrimination. but fail even there as you have the privilege of lighter skin and thus being more acceptable if not completely accepted.
    White privilege is restricted to white people. I am not treated as white people are. I am using Australia because that's the white majority country that I've lived in. I don't think it's any different in any other white majority country, we're not treated as white people. We do not have white privilege because we are not white people.

Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonaras View Post
    You are free to disagree, but you effectively just agreed that taste is subjective. Which makes my statement correct in principle.
    Of course taste is subjective, as is racism. Objectively there’s no reason to treat someone differently because of their race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't be a dick.

Yeah thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    I appreciate you explaining to me the racism and stereotyping expressed toward me. It clarifies so much. /sarcasm

People will still be racist and still stereotype based on the mere fact Asians are Asians--narrower eyes, flatter nose, never viewed as "true citizens" but rather forever foreigners. No matter how long or however many generations we've in a non-Asian country. Skin tone is a tiny aspect of that. That'll probably be more true within Asian countries.
    yes but being lighter skinned gets you a better time and has greater benefits in Asian country's them selves. thats white privilege, by being lighter skinned you have less struggle than some one darker skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah

Of course taste is subjective, as is racism. Objectively there’s no reason to treat someone differently because of their race.
    Believe it or not, you can be nice to people without wanting to be in a relationship with them.

White privilege is restricted to white people. I am not treated as white people are. I am using Australia because that's the white majority country that I've lived in. I don't think it's any different in any other white majority country, we're not treated as white people. We do not have white privilege because we are not white people.
    and you are white. its not called Caucasian privilege or European privilege. its called white privilege because its based on skin colour, of which you are on the white side of the spectrum and thus get privileges in Korea darker skinned Koreans don't get and also face less issues outside of Korea than a darker skinned Korean would face.

yes but being lighter skinned gets you a better time and has greater benefits in Asian country's them selves. thats white privilege, by being lighter skinned you have less struggle than some one darker skinned.
    No, that's colorism.

Just to refresh you as to what white privilege actually is: White privilege (or white skin privilege) is the societal privilege that benefits people whom society identifies as white in some countries, beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political, or economic circumstances.

We are not identified as white. We're identified as Asian, not white.

- - - Updated - - -

and you are white. its not called Caucasian privilege or European privilege. its called white privilege because its based on skin colour, of which you are on the white side of the spectrum and thus get privileges in Korea darker skinned Koreans don't get and also face less issues outside of Korea than a darker skinned Korean would face.
    No, I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    I don't face racism in sweden because of my skin color. It's because I'm not white.
    why are most Korean celebrity's fair skinned ?

- - - Updated - - -

No, that's colorism.

Just to refresh you as to what white privilege actually is: White privilege (or white skin privilege) is the societal privilege that benefits people whom society identifies as white in some countries, beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political, or economic circumstances.

We are not identified as white. We're identified as Asian, not white.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm not.
    you self defeated your self with that quote.

white skin privilege its right there.

you self defeated your self with that quote.

white skin privilege its right there.
    No, you just can't read.

why are most Korean celebrity's fair skinned ?
    Because make up and popular beauty standards are one hell of a drug.

No, you just can't read.
    i made it bold, its in the brackets. right in the first sentence of the quote.

you are a white skinned person who find dark skinned people ugly, your a racist trying to hide behind the shape of your eyes as a defense, just because Europeans treat you as lesser dosn't make its excusable to indulge in your own privilege from your skin colour without recognizing that. your as much a bigot and a racist as @Josuke says you are, you just don't want to accept that and deal with it, that makes you no better than the alt-right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Don't ask me, I don't know korean society.
    ill give you a hint. white privilege.

it made it bold it, its in the brackets. right in the first sentence of the quote.
    whom society identifies as white in some countries

You're ignoring that. For some reason. Probably because it is bad for your stubbornness to admit you're wrong.

That’s colorism, not white privilege. It’s certainly derived from the same principle, though.

OT: I know I’m not a mod, but this thread has gotten off track.

Anyone who genuinely hates on others for liking Hawaiian pizza. I really can't think of anything more shallow.