View Poll Results: Which class will be next in 9.0?

Voters
1201. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

609 50.71%
  • Necromancer

167 13.91%
  • Dark Ranger

180 14.99%
  • Bard

86 7.16%
  • Warden

24 2.00%
  • Spellbreaker

33 2.75%
  • Dragonsworn

61 5.08%
  • Timewalker

41 3.41%
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Thematically if it is going to a Death expansion it is Necromancer or Dark Ranger but much more likely dark ranger since there are plenty of them now of multiple races.

Also I doubt it will be tinker because no one likes goblin or gnomes, so it would have to be available to all races.
    Or you could simply make it Orcs, Dwarves, Maghar, and Black Iron, along with Goblins and Gnomes. Give Orcs Iron Horde designs, and give Dwarves Dwarven designs found in their Siege tanks, Mole Machines, and Gyrocopters.

If you want to restrict it to small races, Goblins, Gnomes, Junker Gnomes, and Vulpeira work fine. Vulpeira especially would solve any issues with racial popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Or you could simply make it Orcs, Dwarves, Maghar, and Black Iron, along with Goblins and Gnomes.

If you want to restrict it to small races, Goblins, Gnomes, Junker Gnomes, and Vulpeira work fine. Vulpeira especially would solve any issues with racial popularity.
    Possibly but no more allied are coming in BfA, so it could just be entirely new races. You would have to admit not many like the goblins and gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nowhere, it's just the theory that expansions follow a pattern: MoP (monk) - WoD (nothing) - Legion (dh) - BFA (nothing) - next expansion (some new class). I wouldn't put much into this theory, but I recognize that some people like the idea of getting a new class, so no problem with the theory from me.
    Yeah, I also doubt that Blizzard would allow WoW to go six years without a new class.

Tinker Mhhh ok
    Necromancer It is a DK
    Dark Ranger It is a MM Hunter
    Bard Maybe in Vanilla
    Warden Mhhh Late
    Spellbreaker It is a DH
    Dragonsworn What?
    Timewalker It is an Arcane Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly but no more allied are coming in BfA, so it could just be entirely new races. You would have to admit not many like the goblins and gnomes.
    Or simply have Junker Gnomes and Vulpera introduced as playable races in the next expansion.

As for Goblin and Gnome popularity, their combined numbers is more than Dwarves, Draenei, Forsaken, Tauren, and Worgen, and there's more Gnomes than almost all the allied races, they're about tied with Dwarves, and are only a few thousand behind Worgen. So yeah, they're not that hated by the community.

Like I said, add a class that reflects their culture and racial theme, and those numbers should improve significantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they're gonna add Necromancer spell caster (which we know is never going to happen because of Diablo), they might as well delete the Death Knight class since they will be ripping off everything they ever had and ever will have and be completely taking a dump on the status of the Death Knight (which isn't in a good place right now) class and to an extent, Warlocks, since Warlocks already own the Life/Soul drain mechanics (and are also in a bad place in PVP), so a misallocation of resources to say the least.

The only idea I would even entertain is Tinker because it's creativity also rivals it's feasibility; it's basically already in the game and it isn't stepping on the toes of other classes. People will say something about the Engineering redundancy, but who gives a damn, a new class would be worth it and Engineering is so irrelevant as to have no fun value, especially compared to an entire class.

Dark Ranger sounds cool, but it's too much of a sub-class with all of it's juxtaposed similarities; it's basically an amalgamation of Shadow, Rogue and Hunter, so a rip-off sub class? Shadow Priests already MC and Warlocks charm. This stuff has been discussed to death, I don't see why people demand redundant stuff.

I could see Dark Ranger and Necromancer being cosmetic choices, but to have an entire class of them is so redundant at this point. Let's try other stuff.

Hopefully the next class also starts at level 1 (and perform all three roles).
    I would even take starting at level 20, like Allied Races. Allied Races have shown that you can start at 20 and not miss anything in terms of learning the class or anything. Or have an intro area that would take you through to 20 so you can start like everyone else with the Allied Races. Though, I would rather just start at 20. The first few levels are basically meaningless and fly by anyway. The more time you can shave off leveling, the better. Plus, even if they designed some great new starting area, unless they did like Pandas or DK's where you are locked to that starting area until you finish, a lot of people will just go to SW/Org and start leveling in the way they know is fastest. Some would want to see the new areas, but a lot wouldn't care.

Or simply have Junker Gnomes and Vulpera introduced as playable races in the next expansion.

As for Goblin and Gnome popularity, their combined numbers is more than Dwarves, Draenei, Forsaken, Tauren, and Worgen, and there's more Gnomes than almost all the allied races, they're about tied with Dwarves, and are only a few thousand behind Worgen. So yeah, they're not that hated by the community.

Like I said, add a class that reflects their culture and racial theme, and those numbers should improve significantly.
    I still think Dark Ranger is far more likely since Sylvanas is going to be a rogue agent and it opens them up as Neutral like DK. It fits going forward since it is going to be a death/void expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tinker could work if given a more cosmic Titan-y theme and wasn't just a bland idea of plain gizmo boys.

A class of people who take up the titans' mission to help protect Azeroth from the cosmic forces that want to corrupt her?
    Whose aesthetics borrow that astral theme + tinker-y stuff? Basically Ulduar?
    And whose narrative introduction would fit the cosmic direction of the story?

I see that being more likely than Mr. Inspector Gadget.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

15+ Year Old Account
    I still think Dark Ranger is far more likely since Sylvanas is going to be a rogue agent and it opens them up as Neutral like DK. It fits going forward since it is going to be a death/void expansion.
    Yeah but how many times are we gonna do the "our new class comes from our new butt kicking neutral faction with neutral leaders who dun give no damns"?? Why do people keep asking for the same stuff over and over again?

I finally got around to making a comic that sums up my feeling on Tinkers:

https://i.imgur.com/2hGHIse.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Yeah but how many times are we gonna do the "our new class comes from our new butt kicking neutral faction with neutral leaders who dun give no damns"?? Why do people keep asking for the same stuff over and over again?
    I think it would be different enough if they did it right.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    What about no new class, but balancing current ones? Ah right...

Fan boys want new class, and don't give a shit about balancing.
    I must be a fan boy, because I want more classes. What can possibly extend the fundamental gameplay more than having totally new spells, specs and rotations? Balancing ? Who cares if mages do 4% more damage than elemental shamans or whatever you're on about. If it's that important to "win" damage meter, anyone can have a raid-worthy new character in a matter of hours/days.
    Mother pus bucket!

i hope thinker but considering they planned to introduce the death knight, demon hunter and necromancer in vanilla and was later scraped i would say next one is necromancer or maybe the next hero class is necromancer

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I think this mechagnome island is pathing the way to a tinker class. It is too random otherwise.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    If they're gonna add Necromancer spell caster (which we know is never going to happen because of Diablo), they might as well delete the Death Knight class since they will be ripping off everything they ever had and ever will have and be completely taking a dump on the status of the Death Knight (which isn't in a good place right now) class and to an extent, Warlocks, since Warlocks already own the Life/Soul drain mechanics (and are also in a bad place in PVP), so a misallocation of resources to say the least.

The only idea I would even entertain is Tinker because it's creativity also rivals it's feasibility; it's basically already in the game and it isn't stepping on the toes of other classes. People will say something about the Engineering redundancy, but who gives a damn, a new class would be worth it and Engineering is so irrelevant as to have no fun value, especially compared to an entire class.

Dark Ranger sounds cool, but it's too much of a sub-class with all of it's juxtaposed similarities; it's basically an amalgamation of Shadow, Rogue and Hunter, so a rip-off sub class? Shadow Priests already MC and Warlocks charm. This stuff has been discussed to death, I don't see why people demand redundant stuff.

I could see Dark Ranger and Necromancer being cosmetic choices, but to have an entire class of them is so redundant at this point. Let's try other stuff.
    I am speechless that people still ask for NECROMANCER while we have DK AND LOCK

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not so sure about that.

For starters, a Dark Ranger class would pretty much mean that we have a second expansion revolving around Sylvannas and Nathanos. I don't think that people would want to deal with that again. People tend to want major storylines completed at the end of expansions.

Secondly, you're going to have to stretch the Dark Ranger concept to make it anything more than a DPS class. While people do want a new ranged-class, they (and Blizzard) also want a hybrid class that can tank and/or heal.

One thing I've been thinking about is the Druid factor. Druids remain the most popular class in WoW by a large margin, despite them having the fewest racial options (besides Demon Hunters). Why is this? Because of their versatility. Druids allow you to play any role in the game all under one roof, and people simply love it because if you get bored playing one way, the class allows you to play a different way. I'm sure Blizzard is looking at that when it comes to a future classes.

What other concept on the list could do what a Druid does? The Tinker of course. There's so much design space for the Tinker class they could easily have 4 roles and not take any abilities from existing classes. The other choices on that poll simply can't say the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I finally got around to making a comic that sums up my feeling on Tinkers:

https://i.imgur.com/2hGHIse.jpg
    LoL, that's pretty good.

Dark Ranger
    Is
    A
    MM
    Hunter
    With
    Black
    Arrow

Stop asking for meaningless stuff.

Same for Necromancer there are Unholy DK.
    Stop
    Please

I'm not so sure about that.

For starters, a Dark Ranger class would pretty much mean that we have a second expansion revolving around Sylvannas and Nathanos. I don't think that people would want to deal with that again. People tend to want major storylines completed at the end of expansions.

Secondly, you're going to have to stretch the Dark Ranger concept to make it anything more than a DPS class. While people do want a new ranged-class, they (and Blizzard) also want a hybrid class that can tank and/or heal.

One thing I've been thinking about is the Druid factor. Druids remain the most popular class in WoW by a large margin, despite them having the fewest racial options (besides Demon Hunters). Why is this? Because of their versatility. Druids allow you to play any role in the game all under one roof, and people simply love it because if you get bored playing one way, the class allows you to play a different way. I'm sure Blizzard is looking at that when it comes to a future classes.

What other concept on the list could do what a Druid does? The Tinker of course. There's so much design space for the Tinker class they could easily have 4 roles and not take any abilities from existing classes. The other choices on that poll simply can't say the same.

- - - Updated - - -

LoL, that's pretty good.
    Maybe, they could potentially merge Dark Ranger into a spec for Necromancer and the problem is solved

So we are gonna merge Hunters with DK?

Ok but I don't wanna plate.