Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Really? There are only a handful that hate eachother, sunni and Shiites are two, and that's only at strict geographical locations, 3rd world ones. It's easy to forget that the majority of muslims aren't in the middle east. So your tribal war mentality has already been debunked. Either way, their belief system is actually different. You can deny facts if you wish, and ignore the majority of my previous post as well. Says a lot about you.
    When you say handful do you really mean the vast majority in terms of world population...?

You people use the oddest language at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    When you say handful do you really mean the vast majority in terms of world population...?

You people use the oddest language at times.
    Curious where you get your information from. Tribal mentality, as I said, is very limited. I haven't heard of any Sunni Shiite violence in Indonesia lately. If there is any, I urge you to look in to the correlation of Syrian immigration into Indonesia. Remember when I said geographical?

Pew research, among pretty much any other statistical data says you're wrong on literally everything you've been spouting. At this point I'm just here for the comedy / ignorance from you.
    Last edited by AlphaOut; 2019-04-08 at 10:02 PM.

Curious where you get your information from. Tribal mentality, as I said, is very limited. I haven't heard of any Sunni Shiite violence in Indonesia lately. If there is any, I urge you to look in to the correlation of Syrian immigration into Indonesia. Remember when I said geographical?

Pew research, among pretty much any other statistical data says you're wrong on literally everything you've been spouting. At this point I'm just here for the comedy / ignorance from you.
    The same pew research that recorded the views on how muslims wanted to handle apostates? Or does your source turn into comedy when it tells you the opposite message you want to hear?

7+ Year Old Account
    The same pew research that recorded the views on how muslims wanted to handle apostates? Or does your source turn into comedy when it tells you the opposite message you want to hear?
    The one that says there is a wildly different interpretation depending on where the question is asked?

How can that be if Islam is static.

In fact, how can Shia and Sunni even exist if Islam is static?

You continue to disregard any point that debunks your opinion. The research I found by that same academy seems to vary. Although I'm not surprised about Afghanistan being 78%. Seeing as only 30% are openly against ISIS. However, ironically 78% of Afghanistan residents live in rural areas which I stated earlier. The further you get from modern worlds, the more open islamism is and the less its strictly Muslim. As in cultural > religion in the most rural of areas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The one that says there is a wildly different interpretation depending on where the question is asked?

How can that be if Islam is static.

In fact, how can Shia and Sunni even exist if Islam is static?
    Not to mention there's sunni and sunni Islam and shia and shia Islam. All different.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right there, you're already wrong. Those two statements aren't the same.

Also, "Islam" doesn't have views. It isn't a person.

Also, "within Islam" really means "among Muslims". And I've never claimed that no Muslims are prejudiced. Of course some are. You can find prejudiced people in pretty much any group.

You're already changing what I said into what you wish I'd said, to insert nonsense that doesn't hold up.
    This is just blatant bad faith. No changes were made, the notion that there are views in Islam is a pretty straightforward one. There are views held in different belief systems. If you can't understand that, well... You come off like you said one thing and realized it was wrong so you split hairs as fast as you could and changed the meaning of it.

The notion that there are no views in Islam is just obviously arguing in bad faith.

Straight up:
    Under the interpretation that Islam is just its adherents and their beliefs, then Islam has (read: contains, not necessarily dominated by) prejudiced views because some of its adherents have prejudiced views.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2019-04-09 at 12:01 AM.

You continue to disregard any point that debunks your opinion. The research I found by that same academy seems to vary. Although I'm not surprised about Afghanistan being 78%. Seeing as only 30% are openly against ISIS. However, ironically 78% of Afghanistan residents live in rural areas which I stated earlier. The further you get from modern worlds, the more open islamism is and the less its strictly Muslim. As in cultural > religion in the most rural of areas

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention there's sunni and sunni Islam and shia and shia Islam. All different.
    Yet even the UK holds close to 30% I don't see how I'm being debunked as you put it unless I've grossly misunderstood the word and it means proven right consistently and constantly....

I'm at a loss at where to go from here. We are no longer arguing if I'm right only how right I am...

Yet even the UK holds close to 30% I don't see how I'm being debunked as you put it unless I've grossly misunderstood the word and it means proven right consistently and constantly....

I'm at a loss at where to go from here. We are no longer arguing if I'm right only how right I am...
    So because less than 1 million people believe in something in a country that's a generalization all 5 million there? You've dodged about 7 or 8 talking points and shifted your argument with every post you've made. That's how you're incorrect both statistically and based off of a clear bias to boot.

You are confusing culture with religion and that's been the entire point.
    Last edited by AlphaOut; 2019-04-08 at 11:13 PM.

So because less than 1 million people believe in something in a country that's a generalization all 5 million there? You've dodged about 7 or 8 talking points and shifted your argument with every post you've made. That's how you're incorrect both statistically and based off of a clear bias to boot.

You are confusing culture with religion and that's been the entire point.
    I haven't dodged anything just pointed out your miss placed beliefs one at a time. Their culture is their religion and their religion is their culture and now we are at the insane talking point where you claim less then a million or roughly 20% by the figures you give support death to apostates is " no big deal"

Perhaps this is all a comedy I'm certainly feeling like the new joker.

I haven't dodged anything just pointed out your miss placed beliefs one at a time. Their culture is their religion and their religion is their culture and now we are at the insane talking point where you claim less then a million or roughly 20% by the figures you give support death to apostates is " no big deal"

Perhaps this is all a comedy I'm certainly feeling like the new joker.

Never said it wasnt a big deal but that just shows you cultural differences. Sub saharan Africa muslims are far different than southeast Asian muslims. To claim differently is pure ignorance, as there absolutely has to be cultural differences in that geographic margin. Urban and rural cultures in same countries are vastly different. If their culture was their religion and vice versa your statistics would be 100% not 20%.

Never said it wasnt a big deal but that just shows you cultural differences. Sub saharan Africa muslims are far different than southeast Asian muslims. To claim differently is pure ignorance, as there absolutely has to be cultural differences in that geographic margin. Urban and rural cultures in same countries are vastly different. If their culture was their religion and vice versa your statistics would be 100% not 20%.
    Alright let's see if I can bring this full circle... seeing the large number of those from regional areas who practice those beliefs and while their sentiments are a minority at the moment the fact that more hard line views are rises in popularity can you see why I don't agree with islam getting a free pass towards criticism ?

There are some deep issues with it that makes it incompatible with western ideals and until those issues are openly challenged and reformed from within that community they will continue to fester.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this thread is just delvign into religious debate, which is against our forum rules, I'm closing this here.

CLOSED.