Mythic Jaina Nerfs

Lady Jaina Proudmoore
    Howling Winds duration increased to 10 minutes (was 2 minutes) on all difficulties.
    Gathering Blizzard's progress is now reset at the start of the second intermission on Mythic difficulty.
    Ice Block health lowered by 25% on Mythic difficulty.
    Shattering Lance charge up time increased to 9 seconds (was 8 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
    Jaina will now always teleport to a predictable location during the first intermission on Mythic difficulty.

Is this finally the nerf that makes it a better option to not zerg Jaina in p3? They've done like three nerfs trying to get people to change their strategy.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2019-04-09 at 11:22 PM.

What does the howling winds change actually do? Was there a strat to wait it out?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. You just wait it out on the boat, while getting group of 5 people frozen on purpose to reset their stacks. You would repeat that six times and then p2 would being.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What does the howling winds change actually do? Was there a strat to wait it out?
    There was a dumb strategy where you afk for 2 minutes and wait it out.

Doesn't reduce the overall difficulty much at all. I think a lot of us would have liked to seen something regarding Icefall. Guilds won't stop zerging phase 3 even though the changes keep focusing on them. Feels like a major disconnect on that front.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-04-09 at 11:33 PM.

Can't really call these nerfs, none of these fundamentally make the fight easier for guilds that already had her on farm.

Only thing that is nice I guess is that you no longer have to afk 30 seconds just before the wall because of Storm timings.

Agree. For guilds with established strats this is really not a nerf in any way. Even for a newcomers the only significant change is fixed pathing to Jaina druring first intermission. Really strange adjustments from Blizzard imo.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What this does do is remove the ability for guilds to cheese the first intermission, but at the same time makes the first intermission more consistent. No more calls about where she is, you basically have your group(s) go the exact same way every single time (or in one giant group if they plant her on far right or far left). You won't have to have a druid/hunter call where she is, nor will you have to have floats change side depending on the call.

Gathering storm change is kinda nice I guess. You don't have to AFK anymore, but some guilds use this timing to wait for CDs anyway, so I don't think this changes a whole lot.

These changes don't fundamentally change how you approach P3 at all though. The ice block change will make it easier to break people out from P1 to P2, and potentially save a combat rez though. The lance and block changes are also pointing towards changing how you approach P3, but they still aren't enough. The potential to zerg her before you have to deal with the raid being ice blocked hasn't changed, so nobody is purposely going to work around taking the phase slower and accounting for some planned blocks. The extra second on the lance gives you a bit of extra time when shit hits the fan at the end though.

The have to change more about P3 to make people approach P3 differently. Health nerfs to the boss will only push people towards that direction more, and at this point, trying to disrupt how P3 is handled is probably going to just be annoying anyway. If the elemental had less health or the images couldn't cast ice fall you might see people develop 'safer' strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Is this finally the nerf that makes it a better option to not zerg Jaina in p3? They've done like three nerfs trying to get people to change their strategy.
    No. as these changes don't really affect P3

These changes instead mean guilds actually need to do the intermission and not force blocks to just wait it out for 2minutes on the boat. Thank fuck as that strat was a joke anyway.

The others are just small QoL changes for the transitions to make them a little bit better, nothing major in terms of nerfs.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=290826/...ic-jaina-nerfs
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2019-04-09 at 11:54 PM.

Just throwing it out there since it's undocumented and this is a thread about instance nerfs:

(Heroic so unsure if it's on other modes too)

Conclave's bird safe zone radius was increased by it looks like 25-33%. Frog jump radius decreased by more than half. I'm sure other shit was nerfed but that's what I noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was hoping them to remove the blizzard mechanic all together, atleast visually. ohwell.

As a member of a guild progressing in to p2, this nerf comes a blessing... our intermissions are so damn inconsistent, I hope this will help a lot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    These are really underwhelming changes, half of which are basically irrelevant and only seem to be there to show just *how many* things have been adjusted. Realistically, only two things matter - boat strat is killed, so that's a buff for those guilds, and set position for Jaina during first intermission, which is a minor nerf at best. It will save a few wipes, but it will still be a nuisance.

It feels like whoever is in charge of those (and previous) nerfs really wants to have a "proper" P3, with iceblocks, ice lances and dead elemental. All good and well, except it's still vastly inferior to zerging the boss and will remain so, unless they change the way elemental behaves when Jaina is about to die or something.

Real changes should involve RNG of P1 or Icefalls during full Blizzard, not things that barely matter. Sure, one second slower Ice Lances could probably give someone a kill, but only if it would be a 5.7% wipe otherwise.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-04-10 at 11:15 AM.

They should just nerf all damage on encounter across the board and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore
    Howling Winds duration increased to 10 minutes (was 2 minutes) on all difficulties.
    Gathering Blizzard's progress is now reset at the start of the second intermission on Mythic difficulty.
    Ice Block health lowered by 25% on Mythic difficulty.
    Shattering Lance charge up time increased to 9 seconds (was 8 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
    Jaina will now always teleport to a predictable location during the first intermission on Mythic difficulty.

To answer your question, no it's not. The only way the last phase of Jaina Mythic will be played differently is if her Tide Elemental would not split into smaller versions of itself on death. Until that happens, you will still not want to bother with killing any Ice Blocks when it's much easier just nuking the boss down.

This change is to stop players from doing a tactic that was overall HARDER than doing the intermission properly, and nerfing the learning curve on the earlier parts of the fight a little bit.

What this change actually does though, is allowing you to outgear the fight so that it doesn't become a snoozefest for farm raids where you are forced to wait for certain timers to push her. With this, you can now freely push her into the wall phase at any time instead of waiting out a new Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Just throwing it out there since it's undocumented and this is a thread about instance nerfs:

(Heroic so unsure if it's on other modes too)

Conclave's bird safe zone radius was increased by it looks like 25-33%. Frog jump radius decreased by more than half. I'm sure other shit was nerfed but that's what I noticed.
    Has it? Did Normal to get the Glory mount today and the circle seemed as big as always.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a sidenote - there were rumours that P1 got "fixed" in some way, by making Jaina's skills more predictable. Except, she still can decide to cast Avalanches before/after Ring of Frost, delay the ships, delay the ring or do whatever she feels like. In short, nothing changed, P1 is still as annoying as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Has it? Did Normal to get the Glory mount today and the circle seemed as big as always.
    Yeah it totally is. You probably wont see it in another difficulty than mythic as it was bigger, but it's now way easier to stay away from the giant frog than it was before

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well these changes didn't do much for guilds that had jaina on farm for several weeks, it felt easier for me but thats probably down to us playing better (as its farm). Just fixing icewalls in p3 so that its easier to avoid them would be nice, nothing more frustrating than doing everything else clean only to wipe because your raid got icewalled.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSlaveOne View Post
    Agree. For guilds with established strats this is really not a nerf in any way. Even for a newcomers the only significant change is fixed pathing to Jaina druring first intermission. Really strange adjustments from Blizzard imo.
    what? the pathing alone saves like 50 pulls for new guilds. its now set in stone pathing, all the ice shards and tornados travel in the same exact pattern EVERY time. That is a huge change for new guilds.