Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I just did the quest. Does Xal'atath speak to the player differently if they play a shadow priest who used the dagger during Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I just did the quest. Does Xal'atath speak to the player differently if they play a shadow priest who used the dagger during Legion?
    I believe there is additional dialogue and a different tone but the quest overall is the same.

It could've been a bit fun to keep the blessing and be part of the bad guys for awhile. But for some insanely stupid reason Blizzard decided to make the blessing put a permanent big ugly eyeball headband on you in a game where people generally care about how their character looks like. Couldn't they have made the blessing more subtle looking like an aura or a floating eye above our heads?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    Do you guys keep the gift or cleanse it? Imma keep it
    Wanted to keep it, but that eyeball just is too big and too hideous.

Also, i prefer to actually see my headpiece.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    *SPOILERS* Anyone opting not to have the eye removed and keeping it, will end up as npcs, no longer playable when they log into their accounts, and those who opted to have the mask removed can kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ride the story rails!! Whoohooo!!!

Not sure I even want to take Xal'atath to an altar....
    So don't do the quest. Exercise your free will.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

This questline makes no sense. It's not even disguised as doing something good - you are clearly helping an evil object for no one's benefit but its own. So why would you ever do it? Obviously you do it because it's a thing to do in the game, but from a story perspective it makes no sense.
    Also, if we can re-power the shadow priest artifact, why can't we do this to the other artifacts?

I finished the quest and chose not to remove it. But the quest is just there. I mean I can speak with that akunda guy and have it removed any time I want. Does that mean we will have to remove it eventually, so enjoy it while you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    This questline makes no sense. It's not even disguised as doing something good - you are clearly helping an evil object for no one's benefit but its own. So why would you ever do it? Obviously you do it because it's a thing to do in the game, but from a story perspective it makes no sense.
    Also, if we can re-power the shadow priest artifact, why can't we do this to the other artifacts?
    There’s nothing in game to really make it seem like you are doing this for no gain. As stated in another thread, the blade isn’t inherently evil from a lore standpoint, but it is void touched. It’s nothinv more than a powerful blade that has tasted the void and whispers the same things that gets whispered to Void Elves. The blade was also harnessed to help Azeroth, not hurt it.
    Xal led the hero on a quest to collect items that it stated would help reveal the Nagas plan and why they are hunting artifacts. It’s not revealed that she is going to betray you until she does.
    It’s also revealed that the reason that Xal can be recharged is because it’s not just a simple artifact, but a prison. The entity inside is what is getting recharged, not the artifact itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I finished the quest and chose not to remove it. But the quest is just there. I mean I can speak with that akunda guy and have it removed any time I want. Does that mean we will have to remove it eventually, so enjoy it while you can?

I was wondering this myself, but not sure how it will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s not revealed that she is going to betray you until she does.
    Technically, she isn't even betraying us.
    We were not looking for this outcome, but it might still be in our favour in the end, compared to the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    So don't do the quest. Exercise your free will.
    But there's a toy!!!!!! Such dilemmas!!!!