Poll: Do you like this idea?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vanilla raids with New Gear

Hey There,

We all know the oldskool tiers and pvp sets. In my opinion there is no thrill in trying to get the sets that we have been wearing for ages and have seen for ages.
    What about if Blizzard would make new (Today quality) sets and make them drop from the Vanilla raids?

They can also drop a token that will allow you to trade them for the oldskool sets, but this way u will have a very new fancy set to try to aim for.

Is this just a me thing or would people like this idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    No changes please! It should be as it was in vanilla. Anything other is not a vanilla anymore, so not welcome!

That said, I'm not against a proper HD rework as long as it stays optional. But they should just put more high-res textures, more polygons, not alter look at all. Nothing like their player characters rework they did. Basically improved graphics, not changed graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gross, no thanks.

Go play on a private server with custom gear if you want that kind of thing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    No changes please! It should be as it was in vanilla. Anything other is not a vanilla anymore, so not welcome!

That said, I'm not against a proper HD rework as long as it stays optional. But they should just put more high-res textures, more polygons, not alter look at all. Nothing like their player characters rework they did. Basically improved graphics, not changed graphics.
    I do think people won't feel interested in trying to aim for an outdated 2004 set. That has already been seen for 15 years. But then again, the fanbase of Classic WoW will probably be only oldskool nostalgia veterans who love this kinda stuff. So i guess the change might idd be irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Gross, no thanks.

Go play on a private server with custom gear if you want that kind of thing.
    What has a private server to do with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hey There,

We all know the oldskool tiers and pvp sets. In my opinion there is no thrill in trying to get the sets that we have been wearing for ages and have seen for ages.
    What about if Blizzard would make new (Today quality) sets and make them drop from the Vanilla raids?

They can also drop a token that will allow you to trade them for the oldskool sets, but this way u will have a very new fancy set to try to aim for.

No, we do not want frankenvanilla... we want vanilla.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Hey There,

Doesn't really matter what people want or not, what's important is what it should be, and this is vanilla with no chances, and the result will be what it should be.

Classic WoW is akin to a museum. We don't need anything new, just preserve what once was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Classic WoW is akin to a museum. We don't need anything new, just preserve what once was.
    Well it already isn't 100% the vanilla WoW as you know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    #NoChanges
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no changes, no transmorg, no nothing.

vanilla is vanilla, if you dont like it dont play it.

I feel like the fact that you are saying we have been wearing these for ages simply isn't true for some of us. I did not play transmog / modern WoW that much, so I never got to wear all these pieces. People might be rolling new classes this time around than what they originally were in vanilla, and they might want to look like that old warrior, mage, rogue, hunter or whatever class they used to know on the server back in the day. And even on their mains, not everyone had all the tier sets. With that said, the tier sets are always good, but not always BiS, so a smarter player probably wouldn't even go for the full tier sets as we know them.
    Last edited by Akasha64; 2019-04-12 at 07:54 PM.

“Today I’m going to bake an apple pie just like my grandma used to make. Or well, not JUST like hers, so might aswell get a pizza instead.”

According to the recent blue posts by the Classic Team, it's pretty damn close. We're now getting 6 content phases as well as proper spell batching, hard to get more authentic than that; not to mention they're still adjusting these aspects to actually be as close to perfect as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    No changes please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Blizzard's newer tier sets overall are trash. Yes they do make good sets, but when you look at the sets as a whole in any given tier the quality varies too much. Blizzard doesn't seem to know what makes a good set that will be remembered and what makes a bland set that will be forgotten.

Try to mentally picture what every set from T16 looks like. Chances are even if you raided heavily that tier you can't really remember all the details and its rather fuzzy outside of the general shape of the set. Now try to picture what T2 sets looks like. Chances are you can easily picture the colors and a lot of the details if you've been around for any decent amount of time.

Brighter colors and simpler yet exaggerated shapes make for better class sets than overly designed and faded colors. There's a reason all the best armors and superhero outfits are rather simple. If someone is wearing warrior t3 it's eye catching and you instantly recognize it.
    They are better then the vanilla sets lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think people won't feel interested in trying to aim for an outdated 2004 set. That has already been seen for 15 years. But then again, the fanbase of Classic WoW will probably be only oldskool nostalgia veterans who love this kinda stuff. So i guess the change might idd be irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

What has a private server to do with this?
    There are private servers that have custom looking gear, so you can go play in whatever weird non-Vanilla WoW tier sets you want to wear over there.

#nochanges

- - - Updated - - -

They are better then the vanilla sets lol
    BFA sets are absolutely not, in any way, better than Vanilla sets. There are some Vanilla sets (Paladin T2, Warrior T2, Warlock T1, Shaman T2, Rogue T2) that are still hugely popular even though they show neither prestige (they're still available off the BMAH), nor rarity (they're easy to farm yourself).

The general consensus is that Paladin Tier 2 is one of the best looking sets in the entire game, bar none, even with the outdated textures.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2019-04-12 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

People wanted Vanilla, they will get Vanilla with #NoChanges
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    There are private servers that have custom looking gear, so you can go play in whatever weird non-Vanilla WoW tier sets you want to wear over there.

#nochanges

- - - Updated - - -

BFA sets are absolutely not, in any way, better than Vanilla sets. There are some Vanilla sets (Paladin T2, Warrior T2, Warlock T1, Shaman T2, Rogue T2) that are still hugely popular even though they show neither prestige (they're still available off the BMAH), nor rarity (they're easy to farm yourself).

The general consensus is that Paladin Tier 2 is one of the best looking sets in the entire game, bar none, even with the outdated textures.
    Let me correct you. No. The oldskool sets are not better then the new sets. No T2 is not popular because it looks better then the newer sets. It is because it is outdated. Look at T3. People like it cause it is unobtainable. But does not make it look good.

You can't tell me.
    That this:

Looks worse then T1 till T3.

That set alone, is MILES Ahead then any vanilla set.

(before you say, WAIT this is a legion set. What ur just saying, people have told us EACH expansion since the first expansion launch)

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me correct you. No. The oldskool sets are not better then the new sets. No T2 is not popular because it looks better then the newer sets. It is because it is outdated.
    So why is T2 popular again? It's piss easy to get by even the most casual of players.

And as a matter of fact I think that set you show looks significantly worse than many T2 sets. Higher resolution textures doesn't make something immediately better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The helmet of that set is stupid and the shoulders glowing animation is completely out of place. They took the t6 set which was a great set and then updated it which was fine, but then added a bunch of random details like that to it and now it's just a mess.

Make the shoulders glow the same gold as the armor, get rid of the floating book, and ditch the stupid helm and go back to the simpler halo crown. Also either get rid of the symbols on the boots and gloves or make them blend in better with the rest of the armor.

Just because it has a higher pixel count doesn't make it better. Paladin t2 is better.
    You guys got 0 taste lol. How does this looks worse then any older set. This is one of the best paladin sets in the game atm.