Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How anyone can actually defend the current state of class design is blowing my mind, but hey thats a whiteknight for ya.

Or u just didnt play before wod

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Having quite a lot of fun with Outlaw Rogue, Protection Warrior, Holy Paladin and more..
    Better enjoy outlaw/prot warr while it lasts, they will get the hammer in 8.2.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I just wish they'd unlock Warmode talents already.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I ain't in support of Blizzard. I'm in support of people not playing a game they clearly hate in the hopes that by some miracle Blizz changes 15 years of established norms and does a major class design overhaul mid-expansion when post-8.1 they even admitted saying they were going to "revamp" Shamans in that patch was too intense for the kinds of changes that happen in non-expansion patches.
    You are actively telling people not to play their game. I hope you do at least realize that and telling people not to play their game means you do not support their game. The rest of the stuff you are saying is so much bs i dont even want to bother addressing it, you are talking out of your behind at this point.

People are complaining about the game because they care about it, if they want to quit it that is their decision to make, not yours. The fact that you immediately go to "quit if you have complaint" says a lot about your character.

I'm enjoying the classes I'm playing just fine and am excited about 8.2 to progress the story. Subjective opinions about class design and enjoyment have no impact on me personally, but I do understand those who have a negative opinion about the game and classes like the OP seem to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Better enjoy outlaw/prot warr while it lasts, they will get the hammer in 8.2.
    I'm used to playing Paladin, I've gotten used to awaiting my nerfs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

Apply curse of shadows/elements. Spam shadow bolt. That was classic and most of BC warlock. You're welcome.
    Classical strawman. I said more fun classes. That means some BC specs were more fun than BFA specs. Fury warrior for example, enhancer or affliction warlock. Surely specs were simpler but it was way more satisfying when your bloodthirst was critting than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Fun is relative, i consider MoP Demo to be a far more enjoyable spec and i am sure many others do as well. Thats really the point, fun is relative to the person experiencing it.

Now second thing, i noticed you tak about Demo but what about everything else. Most(key word is most and not all so if this doesnt apply to you then yay) people ive seen and talked with(which is by no means a small number) have said the classes/specs they like to play is the one they either find the most enjoyable or most bearable. With both cases they tend to simply not like anything else and BfA severely lowered the amount of things people want to play because of how boring they are to play. In Legion there were several things i wanted to play but was gated so heavily by artifact progression but in BfA i can barely stomach 1 spec.
    As well as many others think current demo is far better. Thats the point. There is no point in discussing opinions.

"a large number of dissatisfied people" been there since pretty much BC. Neither Legion, nor WoD, nor MoP had better class design.
    People were always complaining about it. Always

I could go on a days how Legion rotations were dumb and clunky. But I dont, because its a pure waste of my time.

I know rotations of all classes, could play competitive in just about every spec.
    Does it mean I can set standards for other people what is fun and what is not?
    Does that mean during legion when I say sidewinders were dumb all other hunters should immediately switch to other talent because I say so?
    Does that mean blizzard should never change rotations? I would die of boredom if they keep same it for more than 1 expac.

Want some evidence? Look up my addon MaxDps - living proof I know all specs, rotations and how they have changed during that 4 year period.

Again this and other similar threads are pointless, just because your favorite spec went down from good to average doesn't mean all other specs are shit now.

all blizz has to do is not put GCD on our 3 min abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They still spam a lot of instant spells... shit Fire mage today is more mobile then fire mage in mop.

It's still besides the point... I'd take MoP fury over BfA fury any day.

And good lord was MoP demo a lot more fun then "pet management simulator".
    But see, I disagree with both of these. MoP Fury was a total mess of design with shit like CS that barely fit the theme let alone the rotation, and don't get me started on Heroic Strike carpal tunnel or Skull Banner fuckery that made people yell at each other. BfA Legion mostly just needs Furious Slash baseline as I hate that WW is the single-target filler but it's fluid, thematic and lots of fun to play.

MoP Demo was also fun, but I personally am in love with BfA Demo, you do need an addon for optimal play which is a downside but it feels a helluva lot more warlocky than being a discount Demon Hunter, I love shit like Implosion, Bilescourge Bombers and Nether Portal.

Now I'd say MoP Arms and Destro are better than their BfA counterparts for sure, but every expansion has its ups and downs regarding class design. I was never a fan of Hpally but in this expansion it supplanted Resto Shammy as my healer alt, for example.

People just parrot those horrible streamers that want to see WoW burn because they do not like it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'm used to playing Paladin, I've gotten used to awaiting my nerfs.
    How could you possible enjoy holy paladin compared to legion? The GCD change and loss of our Aura of Sacrifice healing CD destroyed us.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-04-13 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    People just parrot those horrible streamers that want to see WoW burn because they do not like it anymore.
    Or...shocker.... we love wow and want it to return to a state that was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Classical strawman. I said more fun classes. That means some BC specs were more fun than BFA specs. Fury warrior for example, enhancer or affliction warlock. Surely specs were simpler but it was way more satisfying when your bloodthirst was critting than it is now.
    But I'm not wrong. Despite your attempt at sweeping under the rug. There's always been classes that were straight up bad, or too simple for their own good. BM hunters could macro their whole rotation to a mousewheel at one point, all warlocks for several years like I said, arcane mages were 3 spells and a cooldown at one point, surv hunters didn't even have a dps cooldown in WoD I think.

When you can use out of game macro software to play you game, classes are just bad.

Fury warrior, rampage first, raging blow second and last blood thirst. Grats, there's your priority rotation and now basic software is playing your class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How could you possible enjoy holy paladin compared to legion? The GCD change and loss of our Aura of Sacrifice healing CD destroyed us.
    I adapted to the GCD, doesn't feel so bad once used to it. AoS was a loss but was a cheat. I have no problem actual doing content up till Heroic (because I can't be bothered with Mythic) as well as RBG's.

Though, take notice, I didn't state anywhere that I liked Battle For Azeroth setup more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m enjoying Ret Paladin, Havoc Demon Hunter and Fury Warrior. So my three ‘main’ classes are fine design wise. All I care about is the content.

The OP has a point.

The reveal of 8.2 was great in terms of the amount of content coming, but pretty meh so far in terms of changes to the specs. The design of the new heart is looking quite jaggy, and the new abilities all follow a cheap and boring formula of "let's have a big cooldown that will be so big, you won't be able to ignore it". That's not terribly promising.

Let's wait for the PTR, obviously. Maybe that's not all they have and maybe they'll actually listen to feedback and change it materially. Because if what we are going to get is this new heart = glyphs 0.5 and big cooldowns... then this won't fix anything.

Classes, Specs, Balance are overrated.

Shop mounts, pets and toys are the new meta.

I agree with OP. Classes were at their peak in MoP, then a bit of downgraded in WoD, then Legion was such a let down in this regard but I survived it in hopes of them betting better, but BfA is just horrible.