Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

SW Celebration: New Expansion - Septembar 2019

Information from Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. Looks like there is a new expansion coming but it won't happen till September 2019.

FREE expansion for subscribing for one month.

SWTOR: Onslaught

NEW story line
    2 new planets: Onderon & Mek-Sha
    5 new levels (Now level to 75) - One new max level skill for each spec.
    NEW Flashpoint - on Corellia
    NEW Operation - on Dxun (new area/planet maybe)
    NEW gearing system - Major renovations to gearing and gear.
    NEW tactical gear slot to help specialize you into how you want to play your toon. Hopes to add flexibility.
    NEW set bonuses
    NEW Non-combat bonuses (Unsure exactly what that is yet)
    NEW ways to help legacy system be more friendly.
    NEW race: Playable Nautolan

No word on PVP at this time

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190413
    Last edited by quras; 2019-04-14 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Dxun (new area/planet maybe)
    Dxun is Onderon's moon that was occupied by mandalorians in KOTOR2.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

playable nautolans, not bad.

definitely gonna have to sub for a month and get this.

there any images?

Great to see that the game isn't in maintenance only mode. I don't really keep up on bioware though

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably give it a go. It seems with Anthem finally out and dead that Bioware/EA has staff/time to put back into Swtor hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    playable nautolans, not bad.

definitely gonna have to sub for a month and get this.

there any images?
    Just from bioware is the best I can do ATM.

Just from bioware is the best I can do ATM.
    damn, was hoping to see the nautolans.

i know the playable togruta and cathar really didn't look as good as the original models in the game. so i'm hoping the nautolans will.

kashyyyk when
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    kashyyyk when
    no thank you, please.

no need for the meme races.

Where are people seeing Nautolan? I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere. Though I've been saying for years they should have added that in. Already an NPC race in the game and will obviously be a Cartel Coin cash cow for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rsf316 View Post
    Where are people seeing Nautolan? I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere. Though I've been saying for years they should have added that in. Already an NPC race in the game and will obviously be a Cartel Coin cash cow for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

They are also mention on the SWTOR twitter. I'm sure it's not going to be a huge expansion like in WoW or FFXIV, but I think it sounds good. I look forward to playing it in a few months.

Also a new recurring event on Dantooine coming before then

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    They are also mention on the SWTOR twitter. I'm sure it's not going to be a huge expansion like in WoW or FFXIV, but I think it sounds good. I look forward to playing it in a few months.

Also a new recurring event on Dantooine coming before then
    I'm looking forward to any new content to be honest. swtor has suffered from a lack of content in a bad way. The last bit of content on ossus was amazingly short and over before you knew it. I hope Dantooine is built a bit better and has some long lasting things in it. Sure, some of it will be just running around repeating the same grind content as every MMO has but one can hopes it's done a bit better than ossus.

I doubt it's a huge expansion either but swtor needs something more than a daily grind area.

What interests me is the gear change, how it's acquired and the new set stuff along with the tactical slot addition. The non-combat stuff has my interest as well.

What interests me is the gear change, how it's acquired and the new set stuff along with the tactical slot addition. The non-combat stuff has my interest as well.
    I would like to hope it won't be too different than what ESO has. Not that it's perfect, but it's interesting and varied enough and from the things they mention on the official SWTOR page I could see that being the case. Considering it's EA/Bioware, I could also see it being something much worse!

We'll see, I haven't seriously played this game for 3 years, maybe more, and I would like a good excuse to give it another spin.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no thank you, please.

no need for the meme races.
    Oh cmon it’s one of the most iconic planets in SW like Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Mustafar, Coruscant, Naboo and Dagobath. Wookiees are from Kashyyyk you might be talking about the Ewoks
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Oh cmon it’s one of the most iconic planets in SW like Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Mustafar, Coruscant, Naboo and Dagobath. Wookiees are from Kashyyyk you might be talking about the Ewoks
    i don't like wookiees, wampas, or ewoks.

now trandosha would be cool, they're cool dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I would like to hope it won't be too different than what ESO has. Not that it's perfect, but it's interesting and varied enough and from the things they mention on the official SWTOR page I could see that being the case. Considering it's EA/Bioware, I could also see it being something much worse!

We'll see, I haven't seriously played this game for 3 years, maybe more, and I would like a good excuse to give it another spin.
    My worry in the gear area and all the talk. I've not really cared for the story in so long that as this point I still don't don't really care for whatever they do. Gearing I plan to keep an eye on and will it be worse than galactic command?

IT took them around two years (and maybe a little more) to get gearing with galactic command to a place that didn't make you want to throw up a little. The RNG and how galactic command was first done really put a hurt on swtor. I don't think bioware can really afford to screw up gearing again to that magnitude so it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Sad to see that their initial class management is now the games greatest hindrance. While it was cool at first that each class has its own story, it nowadays makes it near impossible to implement a new one. They simply lack the ressources to do another 1 - 50 class. This game is what, 8 years now without a new class?

Only way to remedy this could be a hero class kind of thing, where as you start at lvl 70.

I'm looking forward to any new content to be honest. swtor has suffered from a lack of content in a bad way. The last bit of content on ossus was amazingly short and over before you knew it. I hope Dantooine is built a bit better and has some long lasting things in it. Sure, some of it will be just running around repeating the same grind content as every MMO has but one can hopes it's done a bit better than ossus.

I doubt it's a huge expansion either but swtor needs something more than a daily grind area.

I got good and bad news for ya. Yeah they're introducing Dantooine but it's gonna be an in-game event, so only available about once every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, pretty disappointing that they didn't provide a trailer with this announcement. Like when have you ever seen a game or expansion announced without at least a teaser trailer?