Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Bitch has 9 cinematics this expansion alone. Smaller doses my ass.
    Assuming you do something in game besides watch cinematics, yes, and I gave examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Nathanos shows up in your war campaign and Darkshore sneers at you while you do fuck all to him and then flees.

Jaina shows up at Lordaeron and Dazar'alor, sneers at us while we do fuck all to her and then flees. And to compensate her for wasting her time on us we bail her brother out and mail him to her at the expense of offing our own troops and then have to watch a cinematic where she bitches at us and our only character present laments how right she is.
    Are we going to compare the ridiculousness of their power boosts, too? As to the part with the cow (do not speak his name, lest this thread mutate into another cow thread!), blame the Lich Queen's tactical GENIUS for a trap that a five year old (i.e. the average Alliance leader's IQ level, with apologies to five year olds) could spot. Besides, would you rather see more of Anduin? I vote fuck no.

It's a "be careful what you ask for" case. Hordies have been fantasizing about raiding her since Cata.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2019-04-14 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Are we going to compare the ridiculousness of their power boosts, too? As to the part with the cow, blame the Lich Queen's tactical GENIUS for a trap that a five year old (i.e. the average Alliance leader's IQ level, with apologies to five year olds) could spot.

It's a "be careful what you ask for" case. Hordies have been fantasizing about raiding her since Cata.
    To be fair to Nathanos, he's not won a single fight in any of his appearances. He just induced contextual retardation on Malf and Tyrande to escape. Jaina by far exceeds him on retarded power boosts.

Current Jaina is kind of a composite between Nathanos and pre-BFA Sylvanas in being someone who gets away with fucking over the other faction repeatedly while at the same time being everywhere. I will say that her Kul Tiran plotline is better than either of the two, but that's because Sylvanas has like ten lines in the entire expansion and Nathanos bizarrely doesn't get to do much despite how prominent he is.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, Lor'themar Theron is gon have some storyline. The blood elves get so little plot since TBC, it's quite disheartening really. Hope Blizz has some cool ideas for the lore (though I highly doubt it).
    PS. MoP remake almost confirmed. MoP had Lor'themar Theron try to join the Alliance to save his race, who wanna bet we gon see something similar? xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Theron stands by the blood elves. Not by the Horde and certainly not by the Warchief.
    Theron already stated that we should be wary of the dead queen. Right now, the only clan that actually stands her is the mag'har orc. Everyone else is against her, wary of her threat to the Horde or hate her. MoP 2.0!
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm both happy and worried for Lor'themar. Happy because I really like him he is one of my favorite leaders, and worried because I'm afraid what they'll do to him.
    Now about Nathanos, I like that guy not gonna lie. But I feel like he is everywhere. Anyway, looking forward to their interaction tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I'm both happy and worried for Lor'themar. Happy because I really like him he is one of my favorite leaders, and worried because I'm afraid what they'll do to him.
    Now about Nathanos, I like that guy not gonna lie. But I feel like he is everywhere. Anyway, looking forward to their interaction tbh.
    This here. Fully agreed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Lor'themar and Nathanos? Pretty sure they hate each other

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Worried what they’ll do to Lor’themar’s character.
    He might finally grow a pair and get castrated right after.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    After "Hmmm, will fiery genocide escalate things?" and "Gosh, should we have brought gas masks?", "Do you think there will be Naga in Nazjatar?" is just business as usual for our mentally-challenged cast.
    To be fair, Azshara drags both factions into Nazjatar midway into a battle, it's not like they were planning for a vacation there in advance.

That said, I will laugh if this entire thing turns out to be a Sylvanas-style trap (entice the Alliance's fleet with several exposed Horde leaders) and it ends up backfiring yet again because the totally trustworthy Ashvane is on board the Horde ship and she summons the naga/krakens/insert deadly sea creature here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    But they can’t turn everyone against her.
    When Blizzard is set on something, they will forsake everything, logic, character development, everything, to make it so. Right now, they are dead set on trying to convince people that you shouldn't like Sylvanas anymore (if you spend 400 bucks on her statue, I'm so sorry :/ because it's a great one).

They will try to turn everyone against her at ease, hell, I remember some Dark Ranger Velorana quest that was datamined this patch for the future, where the Alliance was able to be involved aswell. How much do you want to bet that it's to turn her against Sylvanas? When they are set on screwing a character up, they will do anything in thier power to make it so, no matter what.

The worst part is that they still don't understand that a lot of people aren't going to turn against the character no matter how hard they try, they will just be baffled at the writing team and just stop consuming what these people put out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I understand what you’re saying. But I actually think that Lor’themar and the Blood Elves will be one of the races (other than the Forsaken) to stand by Sylvanas. I’m cautiously optimistic of course. But they can’t turn everyone against her.

only if they are dumb enough to not stand with the living, but instead, with someone who will use then as tools

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Finally, Lor'themar Theron is gon have some storyline. The blood elves get so little plot since TBC, it's quite disheartening really.
    >wtlk - argent crusade
    >cata - Zulaman
    >mop - quests, divine bell and isle of thunder
    >Legion - suramar

poor, poor elves, they get so little, yet more than older races like trolls and taurens

Where are they teamed up at? I havent seen anything about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    only if they are dumb enough to not stand with the living, but instead, with someone who will use then as tools

- - - Updated - - -

>wtlk - argent crusade
    >cata - Zulaman
    >mop - quests, divine bell and isle of thunder
    >Legion - suramar

poor, poor elves, they get so little, yet more than older races like trolls and taurens
    also, in WoD the Blood Knights got some action too.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2019-04-14 at 06:49 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I assume most people, who get their feelings hurt by Nathanos, neither played sports for a hard assed coach or served in the military. Having done both those things (no, I don't consider myself special) I actually find his flavor of condescension entertaining. He is my favorite horde "boss".
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the logic of the wow community. B**ches for ages about good guys like thrall and malfurion being Mary Sue's, completely twists the facts around that nathanos can't be a Mary Sue because he's edgy and emo, so that must mean he can't be.

He's a Self insert of Danuser, and it's honestly disgusting how little anyone liking the character can't comprehend that.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I assume most people, who get their feelings hurt by Nathanos, neither played sports for a hard assed coach or served in the military. Having done both those things (no, I don't consider myself special) I actually find his flavor of condescension entertaining. He is my favorite horde "boss".
    If we were noobs in the army, that could be reasonable but here the player has more feats than him and also he is a poor tactician, literally darkshore was lost and we lost a powerful minion, the KT aldmirant that we rez only to be throw away by the edgelord. He is like having a grumpy skeletor playing the general, Rokhan, Rexxar or the orc lady from the invasions are actually more believable as commander and they have some success under their belt

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    It would fit perfectly with the story though.
    Nathanos was the bitch of the farstrider, I hope Theron isn't being boss around and even give some bite to this edgelord
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-04-15 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Not quite, people just want better implemented and written characters, they don't want to follow a Mary Sue boot licker.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    To be fair to Nathanos, he's not won a single fight in any of his appearances. He just induced contextual retardation on Malf and Tyrande to escape. Jaina by far exceeds him on retarded power boosts.

Current Jaina is kind of a composite between Nathanos and pre-BFA Sylvanas in being someone who gets away with fucking over the other faction repeatedly while at the same time being everywhere. I will say that her Kul Tiran plotline is better than either of the two, but that's because Sylvanas has like ten lines in the entire expansion and Nathanos bizarrely doesn't get to do much despite how prominent he is.
    Because he only exists to say Sylvanas things in an expansion where she only appears to do eeeevil stuff. It's like they took the snarky side of her and manifested it in another being (after one last showing in Lordaeron). Leaving one character who is snarky and nothing else thus feels undeserving of tossing around said snark, and another who is a lolevil caricature without the entertainment factor that can make such characters work.

I do agree that Jaina's omnipresence is also starting to be a bit off (seriously, her being wounded after we beat the snot out of her in BoD would have been an excuse to shift focus to someone else for a patch at least) and hope that more Alliance characters get to do things in 8.2. Outside of cinematics which were Jaina city, the Allies are a lot more diverse than the Horde in the doing-stuff front so far. I think having Tyrande or Malfurion (with the other one holding the fort in Darkshore) assisted by Genn would make a good duo while old Mekkatorque deals with Mechagon most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ah the logic of the wow community. B**ches for ages about good guys like thrall and malfurion being Mary Sue's, completely twists the facts around that nathanos can't be a Mary Sue because he's edgy and emo, so that must mean he can't be.

He's a Self insert of Danuser, and it's honestly disgusting how little anyone liking the character can't comprehend that.
    It would still be difficult for a character that existed for 15 years, long before Danuser worked at Blizzard, with the same personality, backstory, and general characteristics that he has in BfA to be a self-insert. Unless Danuser is a time-traveler who went back to insert himself into the story back in Classic WoW.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Two of my favorite characters! I am very interested in this! I hope they have a slight Ranger rivalry

P.S

People who say they Nathanos is a self insert are silly, that's how...most writing is done. You base characters off of people you know, or yourself and either greatly exaggerate them or keep them consistent with their real life counterpart
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-04-15 at 02:32 AM.

When you are getting a feeling,that Blizzard writers truly believe,that a hunter is the strongest class among all others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It would still be difficult for a character that existed for 15 years, long before Danuser worked at Blizzard, with the same personality, backstory, and general characteristics that he has in BfA to be a self-insert. Unless Danuser is a time-traveler who went back to insert himself into the story back in Classic WoW.
    And it doesn't occur to you that perhaps Danuser, who came in later, took the character and made changes to him to make him his Mary Sue? Doesn't have to create the character first to do that if someone has creative control, or haven't you heard of Frank miller's take on batman?
    #boycottchina