Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It WILL be something we expect. They said the same about the new warchief at the end of MoP. SOMEHOW EVERYONE ALREADY KNEW FROM THE START.

The Player was Azshara all along!

That and Sylvannas drowns the Horde and raises them all as undead, but due to artistic time constraints all raised horde look like regular forsaken with halloween masks of their original race on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news=291015/...ass-diversity-

May the light have mercy on our narrative.
    I from a scale of stupid to mindblowingly stupid, I am expecting either something like:

She was elune all along, pretending to be evil, cause <inserting meaningless retcons and you were totally wrong cause here>

or

She understood she was wrong, she was secretly working against nzoth and actually is the leader of the rebellion!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    N'zoth being the final boss of BFA wouldn't be a big twist or surprise though.
    They already teased his fish form at the end of 8.2 announcement. It's just Blizzard is shit at twists and surprises and only deluded themselves into thinking how surprising their writing is.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    So N'zoth gives her the blade so she can use it against him? I don't think that's what's going to be happening. I do, however agree that besides N'zoth being the final boss the only other possibility I can see is Sylvanas. Ashvane and Azshara creating the diversion and Sylvanas setting N'zoth free while noone is looking. Last boss of BoA Sylvanas, next expansion The Black Empire (heroes fighting back N'zoth and his "awakened sleepers", whoever that may be....^^)
    But Sylvanas made it clear she doesn't like the Void in three sisters coming, to the point she abandoned self-awareness while lashing at Alleria. Why would she ally with Old Gods?

Of course she does That's why I think she's betraying the Horde and... basically everyone for N'zoth. I simply think that Old Gods cannot actually be betrayed. They can read minds, so.. it might be kind of hard to do. Also, N'zoth has everything to promise her that she needs/wants or let's say at least the things I think she wants.
    The Lich King could read minds too. He was betrayed just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    What if The is used to absorb and contain the consciousness of Azeroth itself and to be used as a weapon
    Or, instead of using it as a weapon, she's going to launch the dagger into space afterwards and will take Azeroth's place and become a living world. Blizzard hasn't ripped Bionicle off yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the best plan for Azshara would be to BECOME Azeroth. Take the Titan soul for herself and become a Titan.
    That is.. if she knows what world souls are...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    That is.. if she knows what world souls are...
    Pretty sure Sargeras explained her this kind of stuff, or she understood herself (I guess she's supposed to be intelligent lore-wise, even though she will ingame drive herself to a suicide against us)

I have trouble believing Azshara betrayed N'zoth though. Especially given that the before-last boss of this raid seems to be a "Herald of N'zoth".
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-04-12 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

But Sylvanas made it clear she doesn't like the Void in three sisters coming, to the point she abandoned self-awareness while lashing at Alleria. Why would she ally with Old Gods?

The Lich King could read minds too. He was betrayed just fine.

Sylvanas made it clear that she doesn't like the power from a fallen Naaru. Which is different from an Old God. You don't have to use void or even give yourself to the void just to deal with an Old God. Necromancy or blood-magic do just fine, as we've seen several times now. Or arcane magic or even the use of Light (If you count the Stormwind bishops)

And the Lich King didn't do 'deals', he mind-controlled his minions, which was the whole point of it, because that makes internal struggle impossible. He specifically chose people who would oppose him with free will to get them under control. Of course they would betray him if he ever weakened or they some other way got out of his control. That was by design and the Lich King overestimated his grasp on Sylvanas and Arthas (I'm guessing you mean those betrayals), but he didn't think they wouldn't oppose him if he gave them the chance.

Sylvanas made it clear that she doesn't like the power from a fallen Naaru. Which is different from an Old God. You don't have to use void or even give yourself to the void just to deal with an Old God. Necromancy or blood-magic do just fine, as we've seen several times now. Or arcane magic or even the use of Light (If you count the Stormwind bishops)
    Except the fallen Naaru bit came after she already lashed out at her for being a vessel for the Void. And there is no established difference between the Void of a fallen Naaru and any other kind of the Void. And if she was bitching about Alleria being a vessel for the Void despite her being her sister, why would she be any more positive about literal Void creatures that have no relation to her?

And the Lich King didn't do 'deals', he mind-controlled his minions, which was the whole point of it, because that makes internal struggle impossible. He specifically chose people who would oppose him with free will to get them under control. Of course they would betray him if he ever weakened or they some other way got out of his control. That was by design and the Lich King overestimated his grasp on Sylvanas and Arthas (I'm guessing you mean those betrayals), but he didn't think they wouldn't oppose him if he gave them the chance.
    Except he didn't just mind control minions. He literally read minds of those around him, as per Road to Damnation story. That's why I talked about him mind reading, not him mind controlling.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Except the fallen Naaru bit came after she already lashed out at her for being a vessel for the Void. And there is no established difference between the Void of a fallen Naaru and any other kind of the Void. And if she was bitching about Alleria being a vessel for the Void despite her being her sister, why would she be any more positive about literal Void creatures that have no relation to her?

Except he didn't just mind control minions. He literally read minds of those around him, as per Road to Damnation story. That's why I talked about him mind reading, not him mind controlling.
    Yes, a vessel for the void. Which in Alleria's case comes from eating the Naaru. Which is something completely different than dealing with Old Gods. You don't have to use void or be a vessel for the void to deal with an Old God. You can even hate the Old Gods and still make a deal with them, if you dare think you can escape being corrupted by them.
    And I do think there's quite a difference between different creatures from the void. We have seen at least one void Naaru that kept its Naaru conscience in that state, even though it could not stop the void from wrecking havoc around it. There's been very different approaches from void beings to dealing with mortals or dead.
    However you're right in so much as Alleria's void-whispers say 'we' if they refer to themselves, so it's probably not only one entity's voice, so not only L'ura probably.

On the other hand there's also always the possibility that Sylvanas is still not actually working with N'zoth, but thinks she's working against him. Which is what I meant earlier on when I wrote that even defeat usually worked in his favor. He may even count on Sylvanas trying to betray him and have made this part of his plan. In this scenario I'm not sure which I find better. As I've said before, I like my villains intelligent and cunning and if Sylvanas actually tries something against N'zoth and succeeds without that being part of his plan, that makes him stupid. If she tries something and is playing into his hands with that, that makes her stupid.
    I don't like either, so I'll rather go with 'they are working together', because with that they can both come out winning.

And the mind-controlling vs the mind-reading wasn't actually the point, was it? The point was, he was betrayed which was done by his minions not by some bystanders whose minds he read. The Lich King's case is different from the Old God case. The Old Gods try and make you betray yourself up to the point where you have no more choice but to turn to them, for which they have to make a lot surer that they read you correctly. The Lich King may read your mind correctly and know you will want to betray him, but doesn't care, because your wanting to do anything is insignificant once he controls you. And he does that because his goal is completely different from the Old Gods'. He wants absolute order and control, the Old Gods want maximum chaos, war and desperation.
    Additionally the Old Gods see the future... or rather many versions of the future, which the Lich King doesn't. Although that does not make you safe from betrayal, mind-reading plus future vision may just be a little more effective.

-----------------

Edit:
    So, this small discussion made me remember why I originally was so unconvinced that Sylvanas was actually somehow, be it willingly and knowingly or even unknowingly, working with/for N'zoth. It is one of the things the void whispers to Alleria in the comics, the '...the death of all things, the end of all possibilities...' line. I think in one of the interviews at the beginning of BfA one of the devs was asked if this was just a misdirection from the void to get Alleria to kill Sylvanas and create some more strife and chaos or if this was actually something meaningful and the answer was yes, it is meaningful. So..
    My original thoughts about this was, that those lines absolutely do not fit an Old God. They may be evil, corrupting and at some level also consuming, but they do have empires, living subordinates and, above all, chaos stemming from lots of possibilities. The above line is a description of the Burning Crusade and Sargeras. In the Velen short there is a vision that Anduin has and some of how it is spelled out seems very similar to what those lines from the void indicate:

"Demonic fires and broken worlds hurtled through a black sky devoid of suns or moons. All the lights of the universe were dark, as if a sanctuary's candles had been blown out by the cold kiss of the wind. And yet—more than the absence of light—it was the silence that disturbed Anduin. A living universe should not—could not—be so quiet.
    The first thought that entered his mind as he observed the end of days was that he would never see his father again... or have the chance to reconcile the chasm that now stood between them. And then, extending that idea with the empathy ingrained in his nature, Anduin considered that no son anywhere in the universe would ever be able to tell a father that he was loved, or say the healing words "I'm sorry." Beyond the silence and the snuffed-out stars, it was the death of possibility, of hope, that was the deepest horror. " (Velen: Prophet's Lesson, pg.3, emphasis mine)
    I know we defeated the Legion, at least in a way that it won't be back just yet, so I guess it can't be that with which Sylvanas would be allied, but it kind of has to be something with a similar mindset. Which would not be an Old God.

So no, I'm not absolutely sure that Sylvanas is allied with N'zoth and he would probably know that she's not, if she's not.
    I guess what made me think that N'zoth is her ally is Blizzards usual style of keeping things simple and quite straight forward, at least on the surface. N'zoth would be the most obvious, especially now that we know the last foe of the expansion is going to be revealed in the Azshara raid, which kind of leaves very few possibilities (hah) in itself.
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2019-04-13 at 02:16 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    baine marrying anduin.
    And so ends the faction war, all you need is love
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    The Player was Azshara all along!
    The real Azshara were the friends we made along the way.

Whatever this 'surprise' is, it'll be painfully average at best.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

According to the latest Taliesin & Evitel video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_PjunmaAE The plot twist and final boss of BFA is that at the end of the Azshara fight, she frees N'zoth from his prison.

Something something retcon, something something vanilla, something dead game something muh head canons something something I can already tell what's going to happen and I'm going to be mad about it something something I'm going to be mad, roll my eyes, and make lengthy angry posts about why what I said should've been what happened.

Fuck, I can't tell if that's my post or a post made from one of the many people that only just started paying attention to the lore in Legion (despite mindlessly playing the game for 8+ years prior) and acting like they're professionals who know everything about it.

I mean for fuck's sake. You guys can't even see why we're in a faction war lmao. Literally everything that's accumulated throughout modern WoW's history flew right above your heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It WILL be something we expect. They said the same about the new warchief at the end of MoP. SOMEHOW EVERYONE ALREADY KNEW FROM THE START.
    Quit making shit up lmao. People were thinking it was gonna be Sylvanas or some other Orc candidates. People were also wanting Vol'jin. I believe votes were pretty tied between Sylvanas and Vol'jin back then. With Thrall making a return and Baine being secondary candidates.

How could the fallen naaru come before she lashed out when they didn’t meet up again before the naaru. Try making some sense next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Something something retcon, something something vanilla, something dead game something muh head canons something something I can already tell what's going to happen and I'm going to be mad about it something something I'm going to be mad, roll my eyes, and make lengthy angry posts about why what I said should've been what happened.

Fuck, I can't tell if that's my post or a post made from one of the many people that only just started paying attention to the lore in Legion (despite mindlessly playing the game for 8+ years prior) and acting like they're professionals who know everything about it.

I mean for fuck's sake. You guys can't even see why we're in a faction war lmao. Literally everything that's accumulated throughout modern WoW's history flew right above your heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quit making shit up lmao. People were thinking it was gonna be Sylvanas or some other Orc candidates. People were also wanting Vol'jin. I believe votes were pretty tied between Sylvanas and Vol'jin back then. With Thrall making a return and Baine being secondary candidates.
    Everyone and their dog knew it was going to be Vol'jin. Every since that scenario where he got backstabbed. People predicted he would come back. How he did it was where people differed. Some people thought he was busy getting the zandalari on their side. But yeah, almost everyone thought it was going to be vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    How could the fallen naaru come before she lashed out when they didn’t meet up again before the naaru. Try making some sense next time.
    Funny how you tell me to make some sense next time when you make none whatsoever. She said that earlier in that discussion, which was beyond obvious. And which you could have also checked yourself by reading the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Everyone and their dog knew it was going to be Vol'jin. Every since that scenario where he got backstabbed. People predicted he would come back. How he did it was where people differed. Some people thought he was busy getting the zandalari on their side. But yeah, almost everyone thought it was going to be vol'jin.
    People guessed he'd kill Garrosh. Many said he wasn't good enough to be a Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    According to the latest Taliesin & Evitel video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_PjunmaAE The plot twist and final boss of BFA is that at the end of the Azshara fight, she frees N'zoth from his prison.
    Yep. And I'm still waiting for my mind to be blown. It still hasn't with all these predictable storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    People guessed he'd kill Garrosh. Many said he wasn't good enough to be a Warchief.
    And his tenure of nothing kinda proved those people right.