Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation WoW Classic BiS (website)

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to present you the website i made to display all the BiS Lists for each class and stages in a more graphic view and i hope you will enjoy it

wowclassicbis.com

Features so far :
    • Stage 1 to 6 with pre raid for stage 1 and 2
    • All nine class and the most used specializations
    • Horde/Alliance specifications when needed
    • Tooltip on click with link to wowhead (classic)

Todo list :
    • race for melee class at least (arc/axe, human/sword etc...)
    • adding RF/RN/RO set
    • adding more spec if possible (ret, tankladin, boomkin, enhancement ...) or playstyle (TPS set for tank etc..)
    • dressing room

Feel free to report any bug or suggestion !

IMPORTANT NOTE : DATA are from the most complete spreedsheet created by pingaan (discord : pingaan#5396) and can be found here. If you disagree with some items or choice, i recommand to you to direcly discuss it with him or post here

Gratz, I guess, but I'm not clicking this link Also it's probably a lot of mistakes again.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2019-04-16 at 07:51 AM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

5+ Year Old Account
    The warrior portion is incorrect in both fury and prot in basically all the stages, no matter if human or orc or which race you choose.

Naxx-fury-BIS claiming Cloak of the scourge is BIS while infact that would be Sapphiron cloak, AQ20 cloak and/or Skeram cloak. Cloak of the scourge is like 4th or 5th BIS.

That is just one example of entirely incorrect data.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Realy nice piece of work. The website works fine and looks nice on a phone-like format. If possible it would be nice if it could get a version for devices with wider screens.

Apart of the website, there are two small things i'd like to see on the displaying of gear and such, apart from the points you already have mentioned.
    A second option for Feral Cat head. Just to see what the second best option out there would be.
    Highlight the Alliance and Horde diffrences. Say like a blue outline on the slot in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    The warrior portion is incorrect in both fury and prot in basically all the stages, no matter if human or orc or which race you choose.

Naxx-fury-BIS claiming Cloak of the scourge is BIS while infact that would be Sapphiron cloak, AQ20 cloak and/or Skeram cloak. Cloak of the scourge is like 4th or 5th BIS.

It really is confusing how you're writing BiS should be x, y, or z, when BiS is a singular best item for the gear available. Best in slot, not bests. It either is, or it isn't. Second, third, etc options would be good, though.

OT: Could be good, but as noted inaccuracies need to be fixed. It would also be great if you would add PvP variants of it too (so Arms for Warriors, or just other specs like Shadow/Lock focusing more on stamina than they would otherwise).
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2019-04-15 at 12:43 PM.

Cool website. Will keep it in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Gratz, I guess, but it's not clicking this link Also it's probably a lot of mistakes again.
    So much negativity in this post.

- - - Updated - - -

i doubt seriously it's entirely wrong. But you had fun scanning through it, and finding some errors. You should thank him for that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It really is confusing how you're writing BiS should be x, y, or z, when BiS is a singular best item for the gear available. Best in slot, not bests. It either is, or it isn't. Second, third, etc options would be good, though.

OT: Could be good, but as noted inaccuracies need to be fixed.
    Actually. BIS for warriors differs ALOT depending on:

1. Your race
    2. Current gear setup.
    3. Worldbuffs or no worldbuffs (due to critcap)
    4. Weapon skill cap.

That is why I consider it wrong to assign specific items as BIS when it comes to warriors. If you want to have a site that claims "this and that" is BIS for warriors, you're running a fools errand. You either skip it entirely; or you do it right from the start.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Separate from the actual content of the underlying data, which I can't judge due to lack of knowledge, I applaud your effort in setting up your site. In my opinion, navigating through the different BiS lists and their stages through your website is quite easy.
    However, due to the look-and-feel we've grown accustomed to over the years on the vast majority of related WoW websites, it feels odd to me that you only show icons in the preview. Regardless of whether or not clicking on an item shows you complete item data, I would like to see item names next to their icons.
    As far as design is concerned (which obviously is not the central point of concern in a project such as yours) I think you could do better by losing the pitch black background and swap it for something 'lighter'.

Other than that, keep going!

1. Your race
    2. Current gear setup.
    4. Weapon skill cap.

That is why I consider it wrong to assign specific items as BIS when it comes to warriors. If you want to have a site that claims "this and that" is BIS for warriors, you're running a fools errand. You either skip it entirely; or you do it right from the start.
    As i said in the post :

Quote Originally Posted by Relapse3012 View Post
    IMPORTANT NOTE : DATA are from the most complete spreedsheet created by pingaan (discord : pingaan#5396) and can be found here. If you disagree with some items or choice, i recommand to you to direcly discuss it with him or post here
    So you could help us all and post on this topic to improve the list

1. Your race
    2. Current gear setup.
    4. Weapon skill cap.

I understand what you mean, but BiS is BiS. If you are talking about specific race or whatever else (which obviously matters), then you should specify those. It's not x, or y, or z. It's always one specific item depending on the given options (race etc). I'm just being pedantic about the wording I suppose as I'm not arguing about your point at all, I'm in full agreement.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I understand what you mean, but BiS is BiS. If you are talking about specific race or whatever else (which obviously matters), then you should specify those. It's not x, or y, or z. It's always one specific item depending on the given options (race etc). I'm just being pedantic about the wording I suppose as I'm not arguing about your point at all, I'm in full agreement.
    My point is that the site advertised in OP should add race and worldbuffs as two additional layers to better reflect "what BIS actually is" rather than arbitrarily (and in a few of the cases - entirely incorrectly) assigning random items to a slot and calling it "BIS".

Let me reiterate on the word "BIS" in warrior terms: In several slots there is no such thing because there are several factors at play that determines BIS.

Doesn't matter if a few items are wrong in niche cases.

Think about it, if you can look at the website and say an item is wrong for a very specific situation, you're probably not gonna need to use it.

Good job man, I will use it.

BiS lists are pointless outside of pre-raid BiS - by the time you start raiding you have probably looked at atlas loot 1000 times to determine what is an upgrade

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    Doesn't matter if a few items are wrong in niche cases.

Think about it, if you can look at the website and say an item is wrong for a very specific situation, you're probably not gonna need to use it.

Good job man, I will use it.
    Going back to one of my previous posts. Cloak of the scourge is never BIS in any gear-setup, buff-situation or any race. It is not a niche case. It is simply wrong. Period. This BIS-list has been hastily thrown together without much research.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    BiS lists are pointless outside of pre-raid BiS - by the time you start raiding you have probably looked at atlas loot 1000 times to determine what is an upgrade
    You'd be surprised how many raiders reach AQ40 or Naxx but still dont understand some basic gearing concepts or how it all fit together mathematically.

All i read lately is best in slot best in slot feel like this elites approach is going to make the game so toxic really.
    You can raid without PRE BiS raid items you can move to BWL before you are pre "Stage 2" BiS..... , you can raid with few greens and you can raid with a dungeon set nothing bad will happen to you or your raid.

This is what ruins the retail game now as well this non sense of 1% crit here and 0.5% haste there .... it makes no difference people play to have fun stop competing
    Chill its classic, first to 60 and first MC was done more than 10 years ago by people in some green gear with resistance and random dungeon items.
    Last edited by PavelGolub; 2019-04-15 at 03:33 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post
    All i read lately is best in slot best in slot feel like this elites approach is going to make the game so toxic really.
    You can raid without PRE BiS raid items you can move to BWL before you are pre "Stage 2" BiS..... , you can raid with few greens and you can raid with a dungeon set nothing bad will happen to you or your raid.

This is what ruins the retail game now as well this non sense of 1% crit here and 0.5% haste there .... it makes no difference people play to have fun stop competing
    Chill its classic, first to 60 and first MC was done more than 10 years ago by people in some green gear with resistance and random dungeon items.
    All I got from that was: I dont like theorycrafting and thus neither does anyone else.

People play for alot of different reasons. Some for the fantasy setting, some for casual relaxation with friends, some because they like to min-max their character and calculate what talents to invest in and what gear to use to maximum performance. All of which are valid reasons. Who are you to say theorycrafting makes the game toxic? All the above reasons are valid in their own right. Now, this thread is specifically about BIS-gear which implies the posters are of the latter mentioned category - Theorycrafters.

These BIS lists don't exist because they are required to play the content. They exist because they are what you work towards.

Getting loot in classic is a rare occurance, and when you finally get something it's usually not only down to luck, but also an investment (either by you through DKP or your guild leaders through loot council).
    So even if you don't want to mix-max, people will want to know what they can/should work towards.

Telling people that they can't come because they are lacking 2 items from the Pre BIs list would be elitist, but that's a different angle.

Just like every other "all class BiS list" that has been posted, this has many inaccuracies, for example, Inventor's Focal Sword is NOT preraid BiS for Paladins, Hammer of Grace is. 31 healing is much better than 1% crit.

"wahh wahh toxic toxic stop playing the game the way you want to wahh toxic"

Shoo.

The first settlers in America didn't use electricity, so therefor it is not necessary and we should all stop using it.

That's what you sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Telling people that they can't come because they are lacking 2 items from the Pre BIs list would be elitist, but that's a different angle.
    Nobody actually does this either. When pug leaders say "preraid BIS" they pretty much just mean "don't be wearing random quest greens".
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-04-15 at 07:42 PM.