Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

As predicted, tax breaks fuck over employees while making rich richer....

For all you Trump supporters who praise him as being a "good president" but found out this year that you'll be paying MORE in your taxes than you have before, just keep in mind that his tax plan was to give breaks to the rich & companies while fucking over the average American and the poor.

The number of businesses who paid ZERO taxes this year has doubled under his plan. You may say how that's a good thing because now these companies are free to hire more people and invest in the company so it grows. Almost every single one of them LAID OFF people this year. Yeah that tax break was to help line the pockets of the rich stockholders while fucking over the poor workers.

Interesting note, of the 60 companies listed as paying ZERO TAXES you all should be familiar with one of them which also laid off employees.....Activision Blizzard is one of them! Their effective tax rate was -51% (yes as in they would be receiving a refund check of 51% of around $228M if they were to get tax refunds)

So did you see your taxes raise or lower this year?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    For all you Trump supporters who praise him as being a "good president" but found out this year that you'll be paying MORE in your taxes than you have before, just keep in mind that his tax plan was to give breaks to the rich & companies while fucking over the average American and the poor.

The number of businesses who paid ZERO taxes this year has doubled under his plan. You may say how that's a good thing because now these companies are free to hire more people and invest in the company so it grows. Almost every single one of them LAID OFF people this year. Yeah that tax break was to help line the pockets of the rich stockholders while fucking over the poor workers.

Interesting note, of the 60 companies listed as paying ZERO TAXES you all should be familiar with one of them which also laid off employees.....Activision Blizzard is one of them! Their effective tax rate was -51% (yes as in they would be receiving a refund check of 51% of around $228M if they were to get tax refunds)

So did you see your taxes raise or lower this year?
    I am paying about 20% less in federal income taxes and I am in the lower middle class income bracket.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

This year saw us owe instead of get a return for only the second time ever, and owe a sizeable chunk at that.

I can't comprehend how considering I claim 0 across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am paying about 20% less in federal income taxes and I am in the lower middle class income bracket.
    Congrats on being the exception to the rule. By comparison my father has been on a fixed income for over a decade and this is the first year he ever had to pay taxes on his social security.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Congrats on being the exception to the rule. By comparison my father has been on a fixed income for over a decade and this is the first year he ever had to pay taxes on his social security.
    My mom is in the same boat for the last 2 years and has not had to pay any taxes.

/shrug

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't lie... Ghost panthers don't make no money! They get paid in blood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

I paid about 2% more overall.

My Ex after taking out the extra in each paycheck and adding return, she netted a 2.2k loss over lass year.

My retired father, loss of about 400 dollars.

Getting hard to find people who really made out on this deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone I know below 60k income that made the same income as last year paid more or less +/- 2% in taxes. The people claiming massive numbers in less paid taxes tend to never be able to procure proof by showing their tax returns from 2017 and 2018. It's simple enough, considering one could black out pertinent information. But they always just say they "Can't show" because <insert BS reason>. They're all heavy Trump supporters as well. Funny, that.

I imagine some people might be confusing "paying less taxes" with qualifying for more tax breaks and tax credits. If you suddenly become a student for the first time, you can get tax credits equal to about 1/3 of the college tuition you paid that year, which may make your final number look massively smaller and it wasn't really Trump's tax breaks. That was just an example, as there are tons of tax breaks and credits that people can suddenly qualify for one year over the other.

Either way, every economist has said that middle and lower middle class Americans didn't get jack shit, and every Trumpkin claiming to have gotten massive tax cuts can't seem to procure their tax forms to actually prove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taxxer View Post
    What's wrong with not paying tax??. Why do you want your/companies money in government hands where money is spent on things like pointless wars/elites pockets??.
    Roads, bridges, police, immigration officers, the government is also the US's #1 employer by far.

Companies use money to build facilities which create jobs for people.
    In case you didn't read the OP, I'll remind you: Companies that paid $0 in taxes this year laid off more people and closed down more plants.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Can you feel the trickle down working? Please ignore that it looks, feels, and tastes like urine. Corporations totally aren't taking the money while pissing on the middle class.

Up next on "Things that TOTALLY happened"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Your retired...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    For me federally they went down. My Taxes are filed at the end of January All in all about 18.8 or 20% less.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Care to show your tax returns for 2016, 2017, and 2018 to prove this? Obviously you could black out any personal information so your identity doesn't get stolen while still proving your claim.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to show your tax returns for 2016, 2017, and 2018 to prove this? Obviously you could black out any personal information so your identity doesn't get stolen while still proving your claim.....
    I wouldn't back up GP on this and I hate Trump and Trumpsters more than anybody, but what he says is about right. Keep in mind he is talking about lower middle class, which is kind of a different situation than many for various reasons.

I have friends who's taxes did NOT go down, but mostly they are married and can no longer count on certain deductions they used to. For them it was a wash or they lost a couple of thousand at the end of the year.

But all in all that's about it, it was a wash. Although health insurance and a few other things went up, not for me, but others I know who aren't married. Long and short less people FEEL the result of the tax cut unless they made over a certain amount.

But over all everyone pays in a little less.

If you paid in little or next to nothing at all, well then at the end of the year you will end up with much less, because the government took less.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, Do not mean to be rude, but I do not have to prove anything on this forum. You can reject it as false or accept it. It honestly does not matter with me which anyone picks.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, Do not mean to be rude, but I do not have to prove anything on this forum. You can reject it as false or accept it. It honestly does not matter with me which anyone picks.
    That's fine. I and just about everyone else on these forums call your statement as bullshit because everyone else we know had higher taxes this year, had to pay for the first time in many many years, or received far less in their refund than they've ever received. You can claim you paid far less in yours (which nobody here believes) but until you prove it, your claim is just a 100% bullshit internet claim by a Trump supporter trying to make Agent Orange sound like a good man.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine. I and just about everyone else on these forums call your statement as bullshit because everyone else we know had higher taxes this year, had to pay for the first time in many many years, or received far less in their refund than they've ever received. You can claim you paid far less in yours (which nobody here believes) but until you prove it, your claim is just a 100% bullshit internet claim by a Trump supporter trying to make Agent Orange sound like a good man.
    So in other words, you make a thread and ask the posters who paid more or less in taxes since the tax cut. You do not get all the answers which please you, so you resort to name calling and insults for those who do not agree with you. Have you asked anyone who said they paid more to show proof?

15+ Year Old Account
    So in other words, you make a thread and ask the posters who paid more or less in taxes since the tax cut. You do not get all the answers which please you, so you resort to name calling and insults for those who do not agree with you. Have you asked anyone who said they paid more to show proof?
    Seeing how every single person I know has paid more in taxes, paid for the first time, or received a far lower refund than in previous years, I have no reason to doubt ANY person saying they had to pay more, pay for the first time, or received a smaller refund because of the new tax laws. Its people like you who claim their refund went up significantly that are the ones who sound like they are lying (which you probably are).

Also saying that your claim sounds like a "100% bullshit internet claim" or saying that your claim is "bullshit" isn't "name calling" or "insults". How you took it is on you but I didn't insult you nor did I call you any names. Unless you are Donald Trump, referring to him as "Agent Orange" should have no effect on you so you can't even claim I was insulting you or calling you a name by saying "Agent Orange". Again, you want to prove people you're telling the truth and not just talking out your ass like most Trump supporters (also not an insult or name calling although if a liberal or Democrat was called a Trump supporter they would see it as an insult or name calling) then back up your claim. Until then, you're just talking out your ass and have no proof that you are the complete opposite of what everyone else in the USA is in terms of their taxes for 2018.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how every single person I know has paid more in taxes, paid for the first time, or received a far lower refund than in previous years, I have no reason to doubt ANY person saying they had to pay more, pay for the first time, or received a smaller refund because of the new tax laws. Its people like you who claim their refund went up significantly that are the ones who sound like they are lying (which you probably are).

Also saying that your claim sounds like a "100% bullshit internet claim" or saying that your claim is "bullshit" isn't "name calling" or "insults". How you took it is on you but I didn't insult you nor did I call you any names. Unless you are Donald Trump, referring to him as "Agent Orange" should have no effect on you so you can't even claim I was insulting you or calling you a name by saying "Agent Orange". Again, you want to prove people you're telling the truth and not just talking out your ass like most Trump supporters (also not an insult or name calling although if a liberal or Democrat was called a Trump supporter they would see it as an insult or name calling) then back up your claim. Until then, you're just talking out your ass and have no proof that you are the complete opposite of what everyone else in the USA is in terms of their taxes for 2018.....
    I can see by this reply.......you offer nothing of value to offer. But here is a tip for ya. Do not make a post which you ask a question, then call those who happen to have a different opinion than yours, names and insult them. It can make you look childish. I will not respond to any more of your threads or posts.

Even if you're one of the people that benefited from the bill on your taxes, you still end up losing financially because of the other things they've done (in the bill and not). Well, if you're middle class or poor anyways.

But there's no getting around the fact that it was enormously beneficial for the wealthy and large corporations. All while sorta helping some regular Americans and hurting more. Also, let's not pretend the debt doesn't exist. If you're a republican that ever complained about debt you should despise what Trump and the republicans did.

At any rate it doesn't matter what anecdotal evidence all of us can post on a forum. More Americans have a negative view of the tax bill than a positive one. That's just a fact. It's only going to get worse as more voters become aware of how much it hurts them and helps the wealthy. If republican candidates honestly feels the tax bill was good then I hope they campaign on it. Keep reminding voters what you did to them.