Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

This blue response blows me away

This is a Blue response to what I thought was a well-written post from a player, who seems to be unlike most of the crazies (myself included) who rattle on here or on the WoW forums.

Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?

Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
    Thanks folks for chatting! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

This smells of the same craziness of the portals. Why on this planet, when your game is on fire to the point you have to make an "I am sorry our expansion failed to live up to our players expectations" tour to all the gamer media outlets, would you decide to start dismantling legacy systems that are largely used by the most loyal of players.

Of all the groups for Blizzard to alienate why choose your most loyal? Mind boggling.... Especially when you consider games like ESO and FF14 seem to listen to the wants and needs of its playerbase.

???? How's it dismantling it. My god the backlash from this makes no sense to me. Ohhh... "I spent all that time grinding the rep for that mount". OKAY... you had access to said mount for what 6 years while others that didn't grind it did not. "Now I feel like I've wasted all that time for the mount"... REALLY?!?! You had access to it for all those years when those that didn't do the grind did not, but then I guess you need to be the only one for all time. Swear this community really is full of whiny, special snowflakes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    when your game is on fire to the point you have to make an "I am sorry our expansion failed to live up to our players expectations" tour to all the gamer media outlets
    How is this true?
    This never happened that i know of.

Most loyal? You can get the fucking rep in a day from Timewalking. Seriously people calm the fuck down. WoW players have got to be the biggest drama queens I have ever seen in my life.

Just be happy they are not just straight up removing it like they have wanted to for years. Do not say they would never do this because people said this crap with flying and we see what happened there.

Trust me they could be SUPER dicks and lock water walking behind Pathfinder.

Today on This Old Molehill

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I don't get it. Those of us who got the waterwalking mount now can give that waterwalking ability to any mount. And those who didn't get the waterwalking mount still have to do the rep we did and buy the waterwalking item like we had to buy the waterwalking mount. This is a net gain to everyone.

What is the outrage about?

BfA Derangement Syndrome is all too real.

Edit: Nvm I get it now. The outrage makes sense. Yet another reverse QoL change. Thanks Ion..
    Last edited by Hyral; 2019-04-16 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Got corrected.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Not sure how a blue trying to get more information on what's exactly is wrong is bad or blows anyone's mind. Seems like a good cm.

The original post in which this is a reply to doesn't have much to go on except he don't like the change. While toting about how good of a customer he is and thus they should change it because he say he's loyal.

A good response to an entitled post tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    This is a Blue response to what I thought was a well-written post from a player, who seems to be unlike most of the crazies (myself included) who rattle on here or on the WoW forums.

Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?

Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
    Thanks folks for chatting! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

This smells of the same craziness of the portals. Why on this planet, when your game is on fire to the point you have to make an "I am sorry our expansion failed to live up to our players expectations" tour to all the gamer media outlets, would you decide to start dismantling legacy systems that are largely used by the most loyal of players.

Of all the groups for Blizzard to alienate why choose your most loyal? Mind boggling.... Especially when you consider games like ESO and FF14 seem to listen to the wants and needs of its playerbase.
    The rate at which we can accrue rep makes it a non-issue these days, when Anglers first came out one might have been able to make a case. not now.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

It's almost like people here are just looking for excuses to be offended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    I can not disagree with you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    I can name 10 things in BFA that people are seriously pissed about but water walking mounts is somehow this massive deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    i also grinded for the water strider.
    and i dont get why people are mad about this.

it's like whining when a thing you had bought goes on sale after a few years.
    makes no sense.

i'm just happy i'm not forced to use a mount i dislike any more (the strider).
    and also happy that i wont see it everywhere, and there will be some variety at last.

some people are just crybabies for no reason.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. there was outrage over the portals?
    - Dare not to sleep -

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    ???? How's it dismantling it. My god the backlash from this makes no sense to me. Ohhh... "I spent all that time grinding the rep for that mount". OKAY... you had access to said mount for what 6 years while others that didn't grind it did not. "Now I feel like I've wasted all that time for the mount"... REALLY?!?! You had access to it for all those years when those that didn't do the grind did not, but then I guess you need to be the only one for all time. Swear this community really is full of whiny, special snowflakes!!!
    Kinda this.. its pethatic. Op is whining hes ... off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

makes no sense.

and also happy that i wont see it everywhere, and there will be some variety at last.

For some reason people who got the mount in MoP still think it is a grind in a world where Timewalking exist and rep tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post

Trust me they could be SUPER dicks and lock water walking behind Pathfinder.
    Am i the cynical dick that thinks this is what the future has in store for us? or at least a higher requirement once new expacs come out?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    How is this true?
    This never happened that i know of.
    Did you read the PC Gamer article or any of the other articles talking recently?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    You earned the mount. Plain and simple. To have anything taken from you does not feel good... especially something you specifically targeted and earned.

And it's not just taking it away... but repackaging it to be re-used again as "content". Just another indicator that Blizz is out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

makes no sense.

I also grinded for it, and while im not AMG MAH WATERZ WALKINZ, the only thing i can see this doing is getting moved along side of/into, or somehow time gated in the future,
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

The game is not intended for people playing for multiple expansions on end.

Deal with it.

Your gear gets reset, some of your achievements don't matter anymore.

DEAL
    WITh
    IT