Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Yes, and how many will I get? Only the one with Anglers exalted? Every character?

The minute I make a new alt, this system is already taking gold out of my pocket for something I had for free for years.
    No.. you just send that alt the BoA item you already have.

The only people that will have to spend gold(just once) are the people who do not have the strider right now.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Nothing really changes though, except, from what I could tell, you can now use all your mounts for water walking amirite? Just now, if you already put in the effort, you can grab the water walking item and you’re gtg. Idk why people are being butt nuggets over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I don't get it. Those of us who got the waterwalking mount now can give that waterwalking ability to any mount. And those who didn't get the waterwalking mount still have to do the rep we did and buy the waterwalking item like we had to buy the waterwalking mount. This is a net gain to everyone.

What is the outrage about?

BfA Derangement Syndrome is all too real.
    Today I can create an alt and as soon as I can mount I can use the water strider. The change they want to make would take that away. The change they are proposing adds a barrier / cost / tedium to obtain the ability on alts. That is the context of the blue post quoted. And that is not a net gain for everyone. IMO you should understand what is being proposed before criticizing people for not liking it.

I do not think it is some huge problem, but I don't understand why they would choose now to take away anything. Game isn't exactly riding high these days, but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    People act like it takes months to get anglers exalted and its some massive accomplishment that you finally unlocked the water strider.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Today I can create an alt and as soon as I can mount I can use the water strider. The change they want to make would take that away. The change they are proposing adds a barrier / cost / tedium to obtain the ability on alts. That is the context of the blue post quoted. And that is not a net gain for everyone.
    After the patch you can do this aswel, just send that alt the BoA you'll receive patch day(if you already own the strider right now) and just use it on that alt and send it back your main(or whatever you want to do with it).

Then you can use every mount on the water and lost nothing.

It works the same as the flightpath unlock thingy you can buy from the honorbound/7th legion vendor.
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post

The only people that will have to spend gold(just once) are the people who do not have the strider right now.
    Incorrect and the blue post quoted in the OP directly contradicts you. If you create an alt there will be a gold sink cost to buy the item to send to your alt. That is the point of the blue post ... to ask what cost is reasonable for that gold sink.

The disproportionate backlash to this really blows me away.

This is such a non issue.

After the patch you can do this aswel, just send that alt the BoA you'll receive patch day(if you already own the strider right now) and just use it on that alt and send it back your main(or whatever you want to do with it).

Then you can use every mount on the water and lost nothing.

It works the same as the flightpath unlock thingy you can buy from the honorbound/7th legion vendor.
    Now you have to pay for it. That's the whole point of the blue post quoted in the OP.

Reading comprehension is seriously shit these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You've been able to water walk on all your mounts for free all these years on all your characters? Please share this exploit with us.
    Dedicated keybind for the waterstrider on every character. Was that so hard to figure out? Back under the bridge you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, are you assuming that the BoA item won't be consumed on use? Everything I've read so far indicates that the item will only have 1 use.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Incorrect and the blue post quoted in the OP directly contradicts you. If you create an alt there will be a gold sink cost to buy the item to send to your alt. That is the point of the blue post ... to ask what cost is reasonable for that gold sink.
    Seems I misunderstood it slightly, yeah you'll get one for free that you'll use on your main and have to buy the others.

Still, every character above level 100 will get it in the mail so that's not too bad. (I'm guessing?!)

Doubt it'll be super expensive. Still no big deal.

Wait, are you assuming that the BoA item won't be consumed on use? Everything I've read so far indicates that the item will only have 1 use.
    Nah, I misread that, but cba to edit every post now.
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    The disproportionate backlash to this really blows me away.

This is such a non issue.
    Once again Blizzard is removing quality of life from an expansion that already has a myriad of issues. How can you be surprised people are dismayed at the actions Blizzard is taking?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    It's almost like people here are just looking for excuses to be offended.
    That's because they are, and the OP here is a prime example. Whiny little petulant children.

15+ Year Old Account
    Offtopic, I would post my feedback in a more constructive way but the 8.2 discussion forums don't even seem to be up for EU.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

10+ Year Old Account
    My goblin engineering BDK friend sits in a corner and laughs his ass off from all this outrage. Especially considering that he gets literally nothing from this change, he is already daze immune, walks on the water and has gliders.

But personally i think it's a great change, finally i'll be able to use whatever mount i like when i'm out of waterwalking potions (or when i'm not using taxi services from said BDK friend), instead of stupid strider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    It also explains the "Bliz ignores feedback" trope.
    How did you came to that conclusion, considering that they gave us what we've been asking for for years? Making any mounts waterwalk-able
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yes, and how many will I get? Only the one with Anglers exalted? Every character?

The minute I make a new alt, this system is already taking gold out of my pocket for something I had for free for years.
    Is it really that big of a deal over paying some gold for water walking on alts?

I mean, I understand if you're arguing for the sake of principle, but pick and choose your battles. This hill ain't worth dying over.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ones who can't admit to the inconvenience of this are just as bad/stupid as the ones outraged by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    You earned the mount. Plain and simple. To have anything taken from you does not feel good... especially something you specifically targeted and earned.

And it's not just taking it away... but repackaging it to be re-used again as "content". Just another indicator that Blizz is out of ideas.
    They're not taking it away... SMH.

Not even close to the mage portals, this is just straight up whining.

Once again Blizzard is removing quality of life from an expansion that already has a myriad of issues. How can you be surprised people are dismayed at the actions Blizzard is taking?
    Because I guess I didn't expect people to caw up such a storm, I mean I get that it is annoying but when people go into a fullblown hyperbolic rage over it, it really doesn't make it easy to take them seriously.

Is the mount equipment poorly implemented, yeah absolutely and it is silly that they are removing the innate waterwalking from the waterstriders but its nowhere near as big an issue as some people make it out to be.

And since you get a free waterwalking item for owning a waterstrider you can make all your mounts walk on water, so you technically don't lose waterwalking in the first place, of course it comes at the price of not having a slowfall or anti daze but thats also a really minor issue.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2019-04-16 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The ones who can't admit to the inconvenience of this are just as bad/stupid as the ones outraged by this.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=85500/anglers-fishing-raft

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    And then you have to mount up after you cross the river?