Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Becasue old gods are hard to kill completely.
    We've done it twice already. Echos are not the old gods. Yogg admitted he was dying when we won, Blizzard themselves have repeatedly stated the deaths of C'thun and Yogg even Xal'atath has said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Where is the idea that the dagger is some sort of Old God Pokeball even coming from?

Is it part of the artifact research for Shadow Priest's or what?
    From the book in the Priest Order hall that tells you about each artifact

Xal'atath had its dark genesis in an age long before the Horde and the Alliance, an age when the legendary Old Gods and their Black Empire engulfed the world in shadow.

There are many theories concerning the blade's creation. The more outlandish claim that it is all that remains of a forgotten Old God who was consumed by its kin in the early days of the Black Empire. Other theories state that Xal'atath is the claw of Y'Shaarj, ripped from the Old God's monstrous form and bestowed upon its servants for use in ritual sacrifices.

As unbelievable as these stories are, perhaps there is truth to them. Xal'atath pulses with the foul essence of the Old Gods. It is even said that the blade can grant its owner visions of the Black Empire, but all who have looked upon such horrors have lost themselves to madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How did this blade survive and all the other artifacts did not!??!
    Other weapons are kind of just really powerful weapons. Xal'atath was a soul within the blade itself, not just a weapon. Even then, in the starter quest she talks about how extremely weak she is and was fading. If we hadn't found her and saved her she'd have died and the who knows what would have happened to her old god soul.

Really though, it survived through plot armor to tell a story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    N'Zoth literally forced the player to give that weapon to Sylvanas... sooo... its more likely that Sylvanas is the toy of N'Zoth
    ^This^

I think it is more likely that Sylvanas will be enslaved in the blade. It would make the most sense to remove her from power by doing so. That way the new Horde council can rise so that too much power cannot reside in the hand of one individual who sows chaos like Garrosh and Sylvanas.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    ^This^

I think it is more likely that Sylvanas will be enslaved in the blade. It would make the most sense to remove her from power by doing so. That way the new Horde council can rise so that too much power cannot reside in the hand of one individual who sows chaos like Garrosh and Sylvanas.
    It could be that too, but N'Zoth will be killed too and there are MANY more old gods out there.

It could be that too, but N'Zoth will be killed too and there are MANY more old gods out there.
    To my knowledge, N'Zoth is the last remaining Old God, other than knaifu. Void lords and servants, sure, but I thought N'Zoth was the last.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The God of the Deep, so ancient and cunning, is too smart to fall for Sylvanas' little tricks. He could see her intentions coming from miles away. You forget that N'zoth is so intelligent that even defeats work in his favour. He will not be outsmarted by some upstart Banshee who cannot even win a war against a boy king.
    Op view is actually quite interesting. I could see it happening.. but does Nzoth know how death can't be controlled by the void?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    To my knowledge, N'Zoth is the last remaining Old God, other than knaifu. Void lords and servants, sure, but I thought N'Zoth was the last.
    Only 1 old god is realy dead.. Cthun could pop up in the future.
    Knaifu is interesting but I am pretty sure she isn't an old god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Other weapons are kind of just really powerful weapons. Xal'atath was a soul within the blade itself, not just a weapon. Even then, in the starter quest she talks about how extremely weak she is and was fading. If we hadn't found her and saved her she'd have died and the who knows what would have happened to her old god soul.

Really though, it survived through plot armor to tell a story.
    It was just a tad silly the blade was just laying on that box next to that tortollan.. idk if I missed anything there?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It was just a tad silly the blade was just laying on that box next to that tortollan.. idk if I missed anything there?
    Considering I have the blade in my bank on my priest, yeah it's a bit silly. Even if I didn't put it in my bank, it's not like we would have taken these powerful weapons of lore and just tossed them. They were weapons so strong and powerful that they fought the corruption of the blade. They'd be held as relics that literally saved the world, not just tossed on the ground.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Considering I have the blade in my bank on my priest, yeah it's a bit silly. Even if I didn't put it in my bank, it's not like we would have taken these powerful weapons of lore and just tossed them. They were weapons so strong and powerful that they fought the corruption of the blade. They'd be held as relics that literally saved the world, not just tossed on the ground.
    It is in my bag still.. and the quest tekst didn't even change when you are playing a priest.. the whole thing was just weird for me.

So the whole Xal'atath can capture Old God's comes down to one line from the artifact research that itself says it is a theory with no basis.

Xal'atath had its dark genesis in an age long before the Horde and the Alliance, an age when the legendary Old Gods and their Black Empire engulfed the world in shadow.

There are many theories concerning the blade's creation. The more outlandish claim that it is all that remains of a forgotten Old God who was consumed by its kin in the early days of the Black Empire. Other theories state that Xal'atath is the claw of Y'Shaarj, ripped from the Old God's monstrous form and bestowed upon its servants for use in ritual sacrifices.

As unbelievable as these stories are, perhaps there is truth to them. Xal'atath pulses with the foul essence of the Old Gods. It is even said that the blade can grant its owner visions of the Black Empire, but all who have looked upon such horrors have lost themselves to madness.
    This makes it sound more like it is a fang or claw from an Old God than some sort of weapon crafted by some unknown being with the ability to capture and control Old God's. Especially given the next line, that it may be just that only from Y'Shaarj.

5+ Year Old Account
    That is what they want you to think, there will be a twist.
    As long as it isn't the same kind of "twist" than with the burning of Teldrassil...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No, if you read the extended lore the old gods we flung into space, thousands of them in hopes they would collide with planets housing world souls to corrupt them. Azeroth is the only non fully corrupted planet left and all eyes are set on her which means expect more old gods to start popping up.

as far as i am aware, all the other old gods are dead given dialogue based on descriptions of xalatath and from what she has said. however, there are plenty of old gods still around. nzoth is just the last one of azeroth that we know of. dozens, if not hundreds, of old gods were created and flung around the universe to try and find a titan world soul to corrupt. nzoth is probably one of the last for us on azeroth or is the last on azeroth but by no means are there no other old gods we can fight.

thinking about it, it'd be cool if nzoth somehow opened a portal to a world that the titans never found that got conquered by their old gods. it'd be a neat method of showing what the black empire somewhat looked like while giving us more powerful enemies.

No, if you read the extended lore the old gods we flung into space, thousands of them in hopes they would collide with planets housing world souls to corrupt them. Azeroth is the only non fully corrupted planet left and all eyes are set on her which means expect more old gods to start popping up.
    Right on, I was unaware of that.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's gonna double cross him with the help of Helya and Xal.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    My guess is all this stuff has been leading to us empowering N'zoth to the point he is able to place part of his power into the blade. After you defeat Crucible you tell Anduin that Sylvannas now has the blade.

I would put money on when she died N'zoth offered her a way out which she rejected then when she did not get immortality she used Hellya to get back in touch with N'zoth. This has been unbelievably poorly communicated to the playerbase.

Everything is leading up to the reality that Sylvannas has been working with N'zoth
    I don't think "empowering" means what you think it means...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

5+ Year Old Account
    The Thought of Void being afraid of death is absurd, they dislike the undead/death because there would be less for them to consume with death in charge. Beside some void creatures are literally walkin and sentient black holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    The Thought of Void being afraid of death is absurd, they dislike the undead/death because there would be less for them to consume with death in charge. Beside some void creatures are literally walkin and sentient black holes.
    The void cannot enter the Shalowlands as far as I know, but maybe their ultimate goal is to corrupt all the realms and Death is giving them a really hard time.

In addition, Yogg-Saron styled himself as "The God of Death" (why would he do that if he hated Death? It's as if Xe'ra called herself "Goddess of Fel"...) and there were severeal Undead creatures loyal to N'zoth, including the crazy fanatic Domina.

Can this guy/girl please start writing the dialogue for BFA? This simple post is better writing and more naturally pompous than any villain thus far.
    While Sylvanas is a garbage villain, N'zoth has yet to disappoint me so far.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I don't think "empowering" means what you think it means...
    Well they say something else is inside of it and the big vagina was on the wall winking at me so guess what I say he "empowered" it.