Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKickBan View Post
    We know we won't kill her. -Or, at least, that she won't be a raid boss, if I'm remembering that statement correctly. (And assuming you can believe anything a Blizzard representative says.)

And while he was a boss, we didn't kill Garrosh, either. There are loads of ways they could get rid of her, without contradicting what they've said.
    I still think Dark Ranger is going to happen and either her or Nathanos is going to train them so they have to become neutral at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    The difference is Saurfang isn't in charge of the Horde, Sylvanas is and, regardless of whether Saurfang did or didn't indirectly cause it, she's the one that ordered Teldrassil to be burned.
    point is that Saurfang is as responsible for the process of the conquering of Ashenvale and Darkshore as Sylvanas is for Gilneas. Hell Saurfang actually WANTED his orders.

It's amusing since Gilneas is a common point of contention concerning Sylvanas' character and her part in it's conquest at the command of another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks sylvannas would sacrifice herself is silly.

Her entire purpose has been to find a way to make forsaken live forever - herself included, she's afraid of going back to the shadow lands, to die permanently.

She would never do it willingly to save the rest of azeroth, or even the rest of the forsaken.

Let's be real - she had an entire arc where she was fine damning the valkyr to be enslaved by helya so SHE could get what SHE wanted.

Not really the self sacrifice type.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

Just like with Garrosh, Blizzard probably saw fan reaction and decided to take a different course to remove Sylvanas as warchief.

Considering what we are learning about right now was already set in place before we actually played legion, I think they're doing exactly what they wanted to do with full disregard for fan reaction.

Vul'jin was told to make her the leader, that concept was planted at least a year or more before we got to play Legion. Meaning most/all the events up to this point were laid out a LONG time ago. Blizzard has plans for her, she won't be a raid boss. All of this as per Blizzard, as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    point is that Saurfang is as responsible for the process of the conquering of Ashenvale and Darkshore as Sylvanas is for Gilneas. Hell Saurfang actually WANTED his orders.
    No, the point is that, even if you think Saurfang is just as guilty for Ashenvale/Darkshore (which is true) and Teldrassil that wouldn't make Sylvanas any better. She's the one leading the Horde. Given everything she's done and continues to do, it is entirely within Lor'themar's character for him to want to remove her from power.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Opens up a thread to shit down on Sylvannas fans. Whats your problem?
    Yeah I agree tbh and this is coming from someone who isnt fond of her at all. This kind of crap needs to stop its yikes.

Never understood why people here cant be content with just disliking a character but go out of their way to antagonize its fans.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    No, the point is that, even if you think Saurfang is just as guilty for Ashenvale/Darkshore (which is true) and Teldrassil that wouldn't make Sylvanas any better. She's the one leading the Horde. Given everything she's done and continues to do, it is entirely within Lor'themar's character for him to want to remove her from power.

The issue is that it doesn't make sense to side with Saurfang because of Teldrassil. It makes more sense for Theron to continue fence sitting and wait for an opportunity rather than jump in with a very blatant traitor who was aiding Jaina...

Side with Saurfang because of Teldrassil when he was just as responsible for the events (getting Sylvanas there and giving her a reason to torch the place). Inadvertently siding with Jaina post purge... as a blood elf... yeah friggin right.

Maybe they'll shove another reason based on the loss of undercity that could make a lick of sense... but I figure that's about as likely as people suddenly remembering the assassination attempt on Sylvanas and the poorly handled plausibility of how much was actually known about her little side trip and when.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Solid reasoning:

"There's this new ultra powerful rock stuff seeping out of Azeroths wounds. We can create weaponry with it. The Goblins were also the first to find it so we have a monopoly at the moment."

"I'm afraid the Alliance might use it to wipe the Horde out so I'm going to burn down a civilian filled city and commit genocide on an entire race. Just because they might attack us in the future".

10/10 writing. 10/10 stupidity.
    solid reasoning when you remember the 7th Legion was used to assault the Warchief and an expeditionary force with poorly elaborated reasoning and said monopoly was challenged via invasive acquisition methods that seemed to involve the deaths of personnel. But as the story doesn't seem to remember this I guess It's pointless to reference.

After attempting to have Baine executed, there's no coming back for her. And now she's got Thrall and Lor'themar against her in addition to Saurfang and Baine.

Looks like it's the end for Sylvanas and Nathanos. Sylvanas fanboys, say goodbye to your waifu!
    Sorry, not sorry, that your husband-o Varian got obliterated. So sad (for you) that it won't happen to Sylvanas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Kerrigan.

10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    She will either end up as Kerrigan 2.0 or AU Grommash 2.0
    I’m gonna need a TL;DR on the Kerrigan thing because I know zilch about Starcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Kerrigan.

10chars
    Came to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I’m gonna need a TL;DR on the Kerrigan thing because I know zilch about Starcraft
    the most tl;dr of tl;dr's

evil evil evil villainess becomes an immortal goddess of good

Are people forgetting Afrasiabi is a Blizzard veteran? Sure sounds like a bunch of finger-pointing at the guy responsible for WoW’s better stories as well.

She probably will def abandon horde and putting herself probably isolate and alone, but one thing bother me is that is blizzard actually planning to put "third" allies vs hordes vs ????? in future?

Kerrigan.

10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    the most tl;dr of tl;dr's

evil evil evil villainess becomes an immortal goddess of good
    Can I get a ts:dr? Lol.

Kerrigan.

10chars
    This made me think... what if she was "cured" of being a banshee? Maybe her sisters could show up and play a part in that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kerrigan.

10chars
    Yep, I've stated it before, she's not going to die, shes going to get some bullshit characterization to justify her genocide, just like Ozymandias in Watchmen.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Yep, I've stated it before, she's not going to die, shes going to get some bullshit characterization to justify her genocide, just like Ozymandias in Watchmen.
    cant wait for the rage threads when this happens, as predicted
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Didn't Ion say she won't be dying?
    I'm not sure, but i think i saw that somewhere.
    Ion is a lawyer isn't he? Can't trust that lot!

Blizzard made her warchief in Legion, trying to spice things up. But as expected, Sylvanas turns out to be nothing more than Lich Queen and goes way too far in everything she does. She was best as -a- leader of the Horde, but not -the- leader. That way she had some authority but knew her limits and how far she could go. Give her the reins of the entire Horde, and she goes batshit crazy.

Just like with Garrosh, Blizzard probably saw fan reaction and decided to take a different course to remove Sylvanas as warchief.
    Yeah its quite disappointing really. I actually liked and enjoyed her character as a questionable leader of the horde and the way she did everything in the shadows and knew which limits to push and which to agree to. But having her as the top dog of the horde has just seen her character go off the deep end even more and it's a shame IMO.

The fact that she'll end up losing the leadership of the horde was never a doubt in my mind from the moment they announced that she would become its warchief. But i do wonder what will happen or what will become of her, because as many posters have already said, she'll become WoW's kerrigan. And that's not a good storyline either. I am by no means a SC lore buff, but playing through that campaign years ago and having kerrigan become some holy being out of being something evil and parasitic was just like.. wow how dull. And immediately made me think of Sylvanas (albeit at that point she was neither warchief, nor heading down her current path).