Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How is the term Alliance entitlement not a thing?
    It very much seems an analogy to what you all know I am referring to.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    In an expansion about a faction war and faction pride - "JuSt PlAy ThE oThEr FaCtIoN BrO".
    That's not really what I said at all. Well done on missing the point which was, if you played the other faction, maybe you'd see that you're full of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The sad truth is that you don't need to cherry pick anything. The mount bias is right there. They've even had to make MULTIPLE excuses in Q&As to try and address the complaints.
    Yup. I love that gryphon model. It really sucks that Horde can't get it. I think I need to complain.

The fact that they have to address this in Q&A's doesn't prove "mount bias" given an entirely plausible alternate explanation: Some people just have a strong tendency to be jealous of the things they don't have - and it has nothing to do with reason or logic.

Like I already said, to me this whole complaint is just puerile. It's the kind of thing I see happening with my kids who are 11. At least they should grow out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I'm just incredibly glad that they're on vendors and not in crappy paragon chests. Mounts in paragon chests was the worst thing they've ever done, imo.
    Burnt me out getting all of them in Legion that did.

Easy dont buy it, and if you feel forced to buy it, 50k is easy to farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hemagen View Post
    Where is that alliance bee mount? Oh you actually believed Blizzard lol.
    It’s a new model, that isn’t going anywhere but the paid store.

Lest it is for gold and not $$$$

At least it isn't more horses? We've got flying horses already, surprised they didn't just add glowing hooves and called it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    :O I only just noticed they get a new spectral Pterodax too, that's awesome. ...and even more depressing that Alliance just get old gryphons
    You will get your flying horse and you will enjoy it!

Blizzard have OBJECTIVELY put considerably less effort into Alliance mounts in this expansion. The Horde have different mount for each faction all with new models, and now BAF mounts for flying including a specral mount. They even have an extra mount and a whole quest chain for one of the pterodax mounts.

Alliance have the same horse model for everything (none of the saddles are even new assets) and the same 7 year old gryphon for all the flying mounts. It's just a pisstake at this point.
    Is it objective? The hippo mount on Alliance is unique, with a reused asset on the Horde side. Just like the Horde gets an updated wolf for Mag'har, while Alliance gets a new corehound (the skeleton is reused, yes). Even if it was objective, what's also objective is that Blizzard spent more time on Kul'tirans than all other allied races combined, which is actually confirmed by Ion. Yet somehow the Horde gets accused of receiving biased treatment there aswell.

Also, all 3 Horde rep mounts have alternate versions obtainable for the Alliance. 2 of them can be grinded out from leveling zones, the Prerodaxx is obtaiend from BoD meta achievement or Kua'fon. Which brings me to the next point, Kua'fon is fucking useable by both factions, it's not an extra mount. Not to mention that stuff for the bee mount has been datamined for 8.2. Which might end up meaning that the Alliance's "extra" mount is unique again, while Horde gets a reused asset.

As for the 50k mount debate, the Horde ones are recolors of the BoD meta reward mount, the Zandalari rep mount and Kua'fon. So if we look at it objectively, the Alliance gryphons actually have less recolors than the Horde ones. Since we're being objective and all.

These bias whine posts drive me freaking crazy, dude. E: I agree that the 3 horses from reps were bad, peopel just need to stop pretending like it's the only piece of content they got this expansion.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2019-04-18 at 01:38 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    You paid 750€ for a mount ?
    I know what you're getting at, but you're wrong. I cannot convert 10M gold into €. And I didn't use € to obtain my gold. So, no, I didn't pay 750€ for a mount. I paid 10M in a currency that has no value to me outside of the game.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to update the rig and mesh of dragons, birds and cloaks in general...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Elder Scrolls gryphon just for comparison..
    What’s wrong with its neck, Why is it’s head so small? Do they all look like that or is that just a bad picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Been waiting For upgraded gryphons of other colours so I’m happy.
    I would say that they look better than some BfA mounts. I want them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    How is the term Alliance entitlement not a thing?
    It very much seems an analogy to what you all know I am referring to.
    There is no Alliance entitlement, just like there is no Alliance war crimes. /s
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would say that they look better than some BfA mounts. I want them.
    The body looks pretty good but the head/neck seem way off to Me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if they took another crack at redesigning gryphons. The MoP remodel never really captured the look of the original imo which are still some of my favorite simple mounts but so outdated and ugly by todays standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The gripe is essentially that "Horde get better mounts. Horde bias!!!!1!one!!1"

My point is that if you look at the big picture, it simply isn't true. Tiger mounts on Alliance is one example (of many).
    Again, its not "I want that mount!!!" Its an objective issue - you can easily see the differences in design, quality, and type... so you can try to reduce the argument down to 'Me want tiger mount" but thats not it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Again, its not "I want that mount!!!" Its an objective issue - you can easily see the differences in design, quality, and type... so you can try to reduce the argument down to 'Me want tiger mount" but thats not it.
    Really, I don't know what you're on about. It's like you're purposely trying to misconstrue strange meaning into what I am saying while completely missing the obvious just so that you can have an argument.

As I already said, it's pretty clear that the OP is whining about "horde bias" and that is the point I am taking issue with.

They probably took whatever the new / unique mount was going to be and are going to put it on the in game store. That's the version of Blizzard we have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Really, I don't know what you're on about. It's like you're purposely trying to misconstrue strange meaning into what I am saying while completely missing the obvious just so that you can have an argument.

As I already said, it's pretty clear that the OP is whining about "horde bias" and that is the point I am taking issue with.
    And your argument is weak, your counter examples are equivalent, and you are purposefully not looking at the facts. Good job I guess?

The mounts this expansion lack variation and quality on the Alliance side - if you can't see that then you're blind. I don't give a shit how long you wanted a Tiger, that argument doesn't make any sense in the context of this discussion.

Okay, looking through all the mounts, ignoring ones that both factions can obtain:

NPC Factions rewards:
    Alliance gets 3 horses
    Horde gets a hyena, blood swarmer, pterrordax
    horde gets better variety and newer mounts overall

Allied Racial Mounts
    Alliance gets a horse and a unique corehound
    Horde gets a direhorn and wolf
    Unique corehound wins this one for alliance

PvP Ranked Mounts
    Both factions get a basilisk
    Alliance gets two warsabers and a hippo
    Horde gets two warhorses and a clefthoof
    Hippo wins this one for alliance

Everything else is either obtainable from both sides or has equivalence on both sides, or is not unique to BFA and not worth mentioning.

It looks like Horde has a very slight advantage on unique mounts thanks to the NPC factions, however it could also be argued that alliance have a very slight advantage because the Hippo is one of a kind as of right now, where everything else has multiple versions.

TL;DR... this is not really a clear lean one way or the other, why are we complaining about it?