Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm actually going to be pissed at you if you did all this bitching and didn't even quest enough to complete the zone.
    As much as I don't agree with his viewpoint on the unlock requirements, he is actually right about needing to do 3 dungeons to unlock Kul'tirans.

It's not about zone achievements - it's about the questline that grants "A Nation United" achievement, which contains 3 quests that require you to do Tol'dagor, Shrine of the Storm and Siege of Boralus.

I know I finished at least one zone with the dungeon quest in my quest log. Stormsong Valley.

I'm actually going to be pissed at you if you did all this bitching and didn't even quest enough to complete the zone.
    Listen, i completed every other achievement, but not the "nation united" one. And that one is the prerequisite to be able to play Kul Tirans. And that one includes dungeons and their completion. If you do not really know what you talk about, why do you engage in a debate about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    As much as I don't agree with his viewpoint on the unlock requirements, he is actually right about needing to do 3 dungeons to unlock Kul'tirans.

It's not about zone achievements - it's about the questline that grants "A Nation United" achievement, which contains 3 quests that require you to do Tol'dagor, Shrine of the Storm and Siege of Boralus.
    Maybe it was bugged at some point because I remember getting an achive with dungeon quests in my quest log for at least one zone.

In any case, in the time the OP spent complaining he could have finished all 3 dungeons.

In any case, in the time the OP spent complaining he could have finished all 3 dungeons.
    I do not want to play dungeons, no matter how fast they complete. I have done every other part of the achievements, including the exaltet repuation and all other questing requirements. Just to find out i have to play something i never will play.

You may be one of those people who play even what they dislike for a reward. I am not one of those people. For me, it is all about the gaming experience, and not what i get for doing something i dislike doing.

I would like to play WoW, but it's not a good game anymore so i won't. Such is life!

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Ah that again, the "you-do-not-want-to-work-for-it" argument. Yes, i want to work for it. No, i do not want to play any dungeons or raids to be able to play an allied race. There is a huge difference between wanting something "for free" or not wanting to play a completely meaningless component of a game for the content the result is about.
    Nope, not the "you do not want to work for it" argument.

My argument is - why should you be more important than anyone else? If you think it's justified for Blizzard to remove the dungeon requirements because you don't like them, shouldn't people that for instance don't like grinding reputations also get what they want, i.e. have the reputation requirement for Allied Races removed? And what about folks who generally like leveling alts in dungeons, but don't like questing content? Shouldn't they be able to get their Allied Race that they could level up without doing quests?

You're not more important than any of those other people, so... if Blizzard was to give you what you want, they should also go ahead and give these other people what they want too, right? So where would that leave us? With Kul'tirans (or any Allied Race) not having any requirements whatsoever, because there's always going to be that one person that doesn't like the content you need to do to complete that requirement, but wants to get the Allied Race.

And the same can be said about anything in the game - if Blizzard would remove requirements because someone doesn't like them, eventually we'd end up in a situation where everything would be given to everyone for free, which is an unreasonable expectation.

I do not want to play dungeons, no matter how fast they complete. I have done every other part of the achievements, including the exaltet repuation and all other questing requirements. Just to find out i have to play something i never will play.
    This seems pathological at this point, you could even pay someone to run the dungeon for you and afk but here you are. Maybe play another game that doesn't require you to do stuff you don't want to do.

Sometimes being a adult means you do stuff you don't want to, in order to get things you want. I suspect poor parenting plays a role in your attitude somewhere.

I'm going to bed, tomorrow I'm going to petition Blizzard to make every new race require players complete every dungeon on Mythic difficulty. Night all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I would like to play WoW, but it's not a good game anymore so i won't. Such is life!
    Oh it is a great game for me. I love wow. Yet, i have things i do not like. As like dungeons and raids telling the final plot. As like dungeons being prerequisites for .. leveling alts? Hello?

- - - Updated - - -

This seems pathological at this point, you could even pay someone to run the dungeon for you and afk but here you are. Maybe play another game that doesn't require you to do stuff you don't want to do.
    Actually, i can play wow in a way where i do not have to do things i do not want to do. It just means i have to wait longer or i have to skip the ability to gain a reward. I am just waiting longer, at the end, or hope, blizzard is removing the unfair alliance prerequisite for Kul Tirans to run dungeons.

Sometimes being a adult means you do stuff you don't want to, in order to get things you want. I suspect poor parenting plays a role in your attitude somewhere.
    This is a computer game, and no job. I only do what i like in a computer game. If i have to do things i dislike, i stop playing the game.

I'm going to bed, tomorrow I'm going to petition Blizzard to make every new race require players complete every dungeon on Mythic difficulty. Night all.
    So much for toxcicity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious troll. I mean you should go horde and get their trolls then.

My argument is - why should you be more important than anyone else? If you think it's justified for Blizzard to remove the dungeon requirements because you don't like them, shouldn't people that for instance don't like grinding reputations also get what they want, i.e. have the reputation requirement for Allied Races removed?
    Thats a bad argument. As it leads to another conclusion than you probably like. What if you either could do quests OR dungeons OR raids to gain reputations for allied races? That would be the final solution for people with different playstyles.

People should work for their rewards. But with playing the playstyle they chose to play. Noone should be forced to quest all the time. Noone should be forced to run dungeons. Noone should be forced to play raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Obvious troll. I mean you should go horde and get their trolls then.
    I already play Zandalari Trolls. Because the horde does not need to run dungeons for the allied races.

So much for faction bias.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-19 at 06:41 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    .. i cannot because i have to run 3 dungeons to be able to play that allied race. And i do not like dungeons.

Why do alliance players have to play dungeons in the requirements, and horde dont have to run them for zandalari?

Or let me rephrase it that way: Could we please have allied races without any need to play dungeons, raids or battlegrounds? Questing is quite able to tell every story needed to become able to play the races. It is way enough to gain reputations. And i wont really like to play any dungeons just to become able to play new races.
    Then don't play one... oh and you will have to do Siege of Boralus later as well *wink*

Thats a bad argument. As it leads to another conclusion than you probably like. What if you either could do quests OR dungeons OR raids to gain reputations for allied races? That would be the final solutions for people with different playstyles.
    But what about people who just like leveling characters, but see no point and dislike doing any kind of content once they reach max level?

And what about the unlock questline? If someone likes running dungeons while leveling, why should he be forced to do the quests if he doesn't like doing that kind of content?

But what about people who just like leveling characters, but see no point and dislike doing any kind of content once they reach max level?
    If they like leveing, they like questing. And world questing is part of the endgame choices.

Actually, world questing is the most successfull endgame, i would believe.

If they like leveing, they like questing.
    You can like leveling via dungeons, but not via questing.

And what about the unlock questline? If someone likes running dungeons while leveling, why should he be forced to do the quests if he doesn't like doing that kind of content?
    I think people should be able to chose different pathes to level chars. As like dungeons, battlegrounds, world pvp or quests.

- - - Updated - - -

You can like leveling via dungeons, but not via questing.
    Sure you can, but then you had the dungeon path to gain reputations. I would have no problem in limiting the prerequisites to gain new allied races from reputation gains only. There could be both achievements for dungeons or quests you could have to obtain optionally.

I think people should be able to chose different pathes to level chars. As like dungeons, battlegrounds, world pvp or quests.
    That wasn't my point.

My point was - unlocking an Allied Race requires you to complete questlines in max level zones and the unlock questline. There's definetely someone out there who likes leveling alts purely via dungeons. Why shouldn't he get what he wants and not be required to complete these quests?

My point was - unlocking an Allied Race requires you to complete questlines in max level zones and the unlock questline. There's definetely someone out there who likes leveling alts purely via dungeons. Why shouldn't he get what he wants and not be required to complete these quests?
    You could have questlines for dungeons, or for the open world. Both would lead to be rewarded by the allied race.

As you had different pathes, you also had different ways to complete achievements required.

Blizzards design paradigm currently wants you to play all different kinds of gameplay to get fully rewarded. I say, people should be able to get fully rewarded on the path they chose. Which could be questing, dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, world pvp..

Fact is, there rarely are people who want to play everything in the game. There are many more people who want to chose what they play.

I am the questing guy. There are others who love to run dungeons over and over. Then you have the battleground dude. And the ones who want to whack gnomes in the open world. And then there are the raiders.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-19 at 06:55 AM.

The controversial part for me is that there are someone who actually want to play a Kul Tiran. If someone wrote that they only want to run forward or hit spacebar during the time they are playing that would make more sense to me

5+ Year Old Account
    If you like something that much and it is locked behind content you don’t like you grit your teeth and do it. I am not a huge fan of arenas but I wanted a Gilnean War Horse so I went and did it.

Thankfully for you Siege of Boralus is now only heroic so is a cake walk to do.

Also if you want to play Dark Iron Dwarves not to spoil things for you but good luck trying to unlock them if you don’t want to do dungeons.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The controversial part for me is that there are someone who actually want to play a Kul Tiran. If someone wrote that they only want to run forward or hit spacebar during the time they are playing that would make more sense to me
    I think the Kul Tirans just bring a lot more variety to human chars. You can play that largy guy or the big amazon like women as a melee, for example.

I really would have liked a Jaina version of the female, tho.