Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    I agree, Ilike the guy but the US isn't ready for a gay president.

It's a lot like "America isn't ready for a black president". The people who are dead set against voting for a black man were never going to vote for a democrat anyway. I think it will be the same for a gay president. The people dead set against a gay president were never going to vote democrat.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    It's a lot like "America isn't ready for a black president". The people who are dead set against voting for a black man were never going to vote for a democrat anyway. I think it will be the same for a gay president. The people dead set against a gay president were never going to vote democrat.
    Maybe, but I think had Obama been as dark skinned as Seal he wouldn't have become president. The way the US categorizes people based on their skin-color is very racist. In many other countries Obama wouldn't be seen a black person but instead they'd look at his heritage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Important to note he is pro-Isreal, so he has no problem supporting so he has no problem supporting etho-states, which says a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Being religious is a choice.
    Being gay is not.
    I fail to see how that is a point anyway. Attacking someone just because of their religious stance they hold, when they are not actively harming them, is just as wrong for attacking someone for being gay. The Constitution grants us the right to worship and believe whatever we want to as long as we are not harming others in doing so. What it does not grant is for us to have the right to push our beliefs onto others.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-04-19 at 01:31 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The US would certainly be a better country if religious folks didn't try to force their beliefs onto everyone else. But that goes for a lot of other countries too I guess.

Mayor Pete is exactly the kind of person we need in leadership positions. I guess he's technically a millennial, but I'm really excited to see Gen Xers and below getting into the mix a lot more.

I honestly don't see what his sexual orientation has to do with anything. It shouldn't for republicans either. I mean, if they had problems with people having sexual interests beyond just straight sex within a marriage then they wouldn't be supporting Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are free to attack ideas, and they should; less so, though, the people who hold them.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, he's too inexperienced. Charismatic, maybe, but that's not really something I factor into my choice for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post

What do you leftists think about him? He's ranked #3 on the list of democrat presidential candidates. Is 37, just barely old enough to hold the office of president and would be the youngest president ever. Is a veteran and has a husband.

I'd vote for him over Sanders.
    I'd not vote for him over Sanders. He doesn't even make it into my top 5. Being "nice" and a veteran and gay and likable aren't presidential qualifications for me.

He is a corporate centrist. He is not pushing significant voting law reform, he doesn't seem interested in repealing Citizens United, and at one point literally said that Democrats are becoming "too policy focused". That's exactly the point.

But as I have said before. I'd vote for a jar of pickles over Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Anyway, he's too inexperienced.
    Sorry, I can't hear you above the noise the bar hitting the floor made as a result of the current President's "experience".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    has he usurped beto now?

as far as ive seen both of them are running on the sole policy that they are very nice boys.
    You're not looking very hard then, which is understandable as people didn't bother learning what Hillary's policies were either.

I'm sure America could do with a gay president jazzing up the whitehouse after the horror show of melanias decorating
    Just gonna drop a quote:

"Buttigieg is a finger trap for every heterosexual where all they have to do is critique his bad policies without making some terrible comment about his sexuality and they keep coming back running with their fingers trapped inside"
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Sorry, I can't hear you above the noise the bar hitting the floor made as a result of the current President's "experience".
    What makes you think that poster supports Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    What makes you think that poster supports Trump?
    What makes you think I'm implying they do?

I'm saying that "too inexperienced"; in comparison to what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'd not vote for him over Sanders. He doesn't even make it into my top 5. Being "nice" and a veteran and gay and likable aren't presidential qualifications for me.

He is a corporate centrist. He is not pushing significant voting law reform, he doesn't seem interested in repealing Citizens United, and at one point literally said that Democrats are becoming "too policy focused". That's exactly the point.

But as I have said before. I'd vote for a jar of pickles over Trump.
    He is worse than your average centrist. Seems to be very pro isreal, the military and is in favour of charter schools.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you think I'm implying they do?

I'm saying that "too inexperienced"; in comparison to what?
    To what that poster expects from a president? How should I know?

10+ Year Old Account
    in a sane world he would be running as a republican

cmon man his names pete butt guy and hes gay

anyway https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/...dF1bhZgsoXOjR8

worth a read

theres a reason people like greenwald and shapario like him lol

and of course hes an 'all lives matter' guy. maybe because https://twitter.com/samswey/status/1113645324206141440
    Yeah, I'm aware of these criticisms; and I'm saying that in the end it's immaterial since the pendulum in the US government is swinging away from the executive branch anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

and of course hes an 'all lives matter' guy. maybe because https://twitter.com/samswey/status/1113645324206141440
    This somehow does not even surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is worse than your average centrist. Seems to be very pro isreal, the military and is in favour of charter schools.
    Yo, I know this is a novel concept, but consider that a centrist in favor of electoral reform might be a bitter medicine to swallow.

Important to note he is pro-Isreal
    That's a point for him in my book. I can't vote in federal elections in the US, only local ones, but he and Tulsi Gabbard seem a little more sane than some of the other choices floating around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, I know this is a novel concept, but consider that a centrist in favor of electoral reform might be a bitter medicine to swallow.
    And he is still a shitty centrist lol. I really don't care about his electoral reforms if the rest of his policies are utter dogshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That's a point for him in my book. I can't vote in federal elections in the US, only local ones, but he and Tulsi Gabbard seem a little more sane than some of the other choices floating around.
    I know the US loves to support etho-states, but that won't appeal to a left-wing audience.

I know the US loves to support etho-states, but that won't appeal to a left-wing audience.
    Who cares what non-Americans think of American candidates? I'm a resident alien in the US, I don't feel like they have to cater their candidates to me or other non-American citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Who cares what non-Americans think of American candidates? I'm a resident alien in the US, I don't feel like they have to cater their candidates to me or other non-American citizens.
    I never said he should appeal to people outside the US lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And he is still a shitty centrist lol. I really don't care about his electoral reforms if the rest of his policies are utter dogshit.
    And which policies are those?

Pro-Israel, sure, but what else.