Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Why do people think Americans give a single solitary dump what some vaporous concept of "international law" says? When on our own land, we will do as we f'ing please.
    The Border Patrol has specifically told them not to do this.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a statement early Friday it "does not endorse or condone private groups or organizations that take enforcement matters into their own hands. Interference by civilians in law enforcement matters could have public safety and legal consequences for all parties involved."

"If a member of the community witnesses or suspects illegal activity, please call 911, or if related to illegal cross-border activity, call the Border Patrol tip line at 1-877-872-7435 or 1-800-BE-ALERT," it added.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-...mexico-border/

So yeah, your own authorities have told them not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are so caught in their partisan bullshit to see why the militia is a bunch of idiots and the courts need to nip that shit now.

What you have are a bunch of civilians going around playing federal government without without actual training or authority...wHaT cOUld poSsIbLy gO wRoNg?? It's literally the recipe for lynch mobs and secret inquisitions where your rights don't matter if your not good with the 'in' crowd.

All it takes is for one of this groups to be 'detain' a group and one of the detainees having a legal right being violated, someone is harmed, or there's a medical emergency and this nonsense gets serious.

There is nothing funny or cool about this story.

I don't you belong on this corner. On whose authority? Mine. Now get before me and my boys drop you off in front of the hospital
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-04-20 at 02:59 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that should be done away with.

you should have to send a written appeal for asylum, which will be returned to you with whether you should come to the US to continue the process or not.

illegally entering the country, no matter your circumstance, should permanently revoke all chance for you to ever immigrate here.
    I used to think you were a decent person.

Clearly I was mistaken.

And just so we're clear, the vast majority of Asylum seekers enter the country legally. That's the part bigots like you refuse to understand. Anyone who gets a tourist visa to enter the US, then seeks asylum while inside the US borders, HAS A LEGAL REASON TO STAY until their case has been seen to completion.

But no, "lets do away with that". Easy for you to say, living in your comfortable first world country democracy superpower nation.

Not so easy when you live in a country like mine, and seeking asylum elsewhere is the only hope you have to stay alive.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

This militia is batshit crazy. If you read the comments of their supporters on FB, they call the immigrants "cockroaches" and call for their "extermination" and the children of these immigrants are labeled as "collateral damage." I really hate what this country is becoming more and more every day but it's my country and I refuse to leave it so that MAGA nuts can have their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    They did, but they lost. As I said, Power is the only true law among nations.
    r/iamverybadass

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Isn't citizens arrest a thing? If they aren't hurting those that they detain, I don't see anything wrong with it. They are illegally immigrating to the US. Immigration policy is another topic, but if it's illegal, people should be stopped.
    Next time you jay walk let's be sure to send racist nut jobs with guns to arrest you since you don't seem to get that is the same level of crime as an asylum seeker illegally crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    This militia is batshit crazy. If you read the comments of their supporters on FB, they call the immigrants "cockroaches" and call for their "extermination" and the children of these immigrants are labeled as "collateral damage." I really hate what this country is becoming more and more every day but it's my country and I refuse to leave it so that MAGA nuts can have their way.
    They have been labeled as a hate group and a white nationalist group. They are also headed by someone who listens to QAnon. It really isn't surprising that they are this racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I dont agree with them, or what they are doing. Let them apply of asylum get accepted or denied, or immigrate on their own.

That out of the way!

That is not what he meant, and you know it. He is saying that its an invasion, its just not being called that because they dont carry weapons. Its unfortunate (in his eyes) that people cant see its an "invasion" even though they arent shooting up people. Its not that he wants them to.
    The courts of the United States do not consider those people invaders, so its not an invasion...

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I can see more things like this popping up as the crises increases.
    technically speaking the Governor of new Mexico is wrong. US citizens do have a power of arrest and they also have in the US at least a power to form militias

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Hopefully the authorities arrest them all and lock them up for breaking domestic and international law.

If we done a study however, on how many sociopaths on MMOChampion were still living with their parents, I wonder what percentage we would come to.

Gain some bloody perspective and stop being so comfortable for christ sake. Maybe google what Asylum means.
    technically what there doing isn't illegal hence why they haven't been locked up only asked to stop. international law is meaningless in america as they never ratify anything due to constitutional constraints. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If it is against the law to be doing this, these people should all be arrested and brought to court.
    the power of citizens arrest is layed out in common law and the right to form militias and bear arms is some where in that silly constitution of your's, i think the governor is making more a moral point than legal or they would have allready arrested them considering they have to make contact with the correct law enforcement agents to hand over the migrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    Just imagine if we had spent all the money we spent in Iraq and/or Syria on South America. I completely agree with you that they need help. The toll of human suffering that those endure on their journey here only to be detained like a common criminal or in this case get confronted by some loonies with guns is unimaginable. It is absolutely absurd.
    I don't get how we side step the obvious problem, and that's South America's conditions. At least if we get Mexico to the standards of the western world then Mexico itself can act as a wall. And maybe that mentality of assistance rather than shunning will flow down South America and bring enough stability that we don't need to worry about people crossing borders. But capitalism being what it is we Americans have a tendency to go down there and fuck things up, and leave a lasting hatred, all in the name of profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If they did not, then carry on militias.
    Even though, legality aside, Border Patrol has specifically asked that people not do this? Do you side with unregulated militias or Border Patrol?

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Funny, because the fucking governor of New Mexico directly disagrees with you.

Fucking lol.
    And what's the Governor of New Mexico going to do? Oh that's right, fuckin' nothing LOL. Maybe he can visit Trump, drop to his knees and do a little sucking, and beg him to do something. And maybe Trump can give him a pat on the head as he tells him to go fuck himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    And what's the Governor of New Mexico going to do? Oh that's right, fuckin' nothing LOL. Maybe he can visit Trump, drop to his knees and do a little sucking, and beg him to do something. And maybe Trump can give him a pat on the head as he tells him to go fuck himself.
    I can't imagine how infuriating it must be to be a hardcore Trump supporter. Constantly needing to ignore facts and try writing/living in your own reality.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I can't imagine how infuriating it must be to be a hardcore Trump supporter. Constantly needing to ignore facts and try writing/living in your own reality.
    2020 is going to be a brutal year for most of them. Its possible suicide rates will spike momentarily when they see their Führer losing the elections and they realize their dark age is over, and the fourth reich was even shorter than the third.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's literally the recipe for lynch mobs
    You say that as if these people would think that's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The courts of the United States do not consider those people invaders, so its not an invasion...
    I never said it was?

I was just clarifying what he meant by what he said, not that I agree with him. They are racist jerks, but I don't believe they are out hoping for an invasion so they have an excuse to gun everyone down. HE views it as an invasion, but its "unfortunate" that no one else sees it for what he believes it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    I never said it was?

I was just clarifying what he meant by what he said, not that I agree with him. They are racist jerks, but I don't believe they are out hoping for an invasion so they have an excuse to gun everyone down. HE views it as an invasion, but its "unfortunate" that no one else sees it for what he believes it is.
    Then I apologize for the misconception.

Not a good sign, although I would say its more of a reflection and inevitability of the current crisis at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Some people collect stamps and others dress up as special forces and threaten "brown people". Yeehaww i guess.
    Shhhhh... maybe the word ILLEGAL is hard for you. They stopped criminals, being brown, female or gay doesn't get you out of it, as much as you would like for it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Shhhhh... maybe the word ILLEGAL is hard for you. They stopped criminals, being brown, female or gay doesn't get you out of it, as much as you would like for it to.
    Shhhhh..... maybe the word ASYLUM is hard for you. If you enter the US to seek asylum, then you are LEGALLY in the US until your case has been processed. These thugs didn't stop no criminal. These terrorists, terrorized unarmed innocent civilians whose only "crime" was being different. No more, no less.