Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    It was always a misconception some people thought MMORPG means (premade) group play only. The definition just says it is a role playing game in a shared world. There is nothing in the definition of the MMORPG genre which says it should be limited to grouped up gameplay.
    It never had been group play only, and it is more accessible to solos than ever before - so can you please stop making threads now kkthxbai

Game was better when it was LESS solo, take us back to that, there's plenty of other games out there if you want a solo experience.... SWTOR, ESO, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW could be way more successfull probably if it would focus on the solo player part more than it does now.

What do you think?
    I strongly disagree. Solo players are a niche constituency and as such do not need more 'focus'. Not everything is meant to be solo'd. Not everything in the game should be attainable for a solo player, no matter what their level of dedication or time investment.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-04-20 at 04:37 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do feel like at this point, Solo-version MMOs are inevitable.

Most of the physical assets for WoW are on the users' hard drive as it is. Making the game able to run with little internet access would probably require an massive update given the age of the game at this point. It would be worth it in my view and would also extend the game's lifespan. For Dungeons and Raids, players would run with AI-controlled NPCs. For group quests, players are given NPC companions to complete the quest.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

WoW could be way more successfull probably if it would focus on the solo player part more than it does now.

What do you think?
    I think @MoanaLisa need to permaban you and close this thread because it is wasting DB space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I strongly disagree. Solo players are a niche constituency and as such do not need more 'focus'.
    Every survey about this that's been done over the last few years finds solo players to be close to if not a majority constituency.

One thing about designing content so that it's available to very small groups (through either scaling or helper NPC's) is that it would be possible to return to linear progression. The problem in BC and anywhere else with linear progression was filling out a raid group for a previous tier once more active players have moved on and always being behind. Something like this would solve that problem. If you want to catch up feel free to play the previous content at a reasonable difficulty level (say Normal for raids) and catch up at your leisure by playing the entire game instead of just the latest patch.

A return to linear progression could lead to a cleaner design for gear progression as well.

That's just a side thing but I've never seen anyone bring it up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The MMORPG Genre has MMO in it for a reason. Go play a single player game if you want to have 0 social interaction.

Like honestly, I saw in another thread you stated you refuse to do any instanced content that has you interacting with another player. Why are you playing this game if you are so scared to interact with another person?

This game needs more group content, not less.

I wouldn't mind getting solo difficulty dungeons - less enemies, challenging boss fights, unique colored gear, smaller item lvl. Would be great for leveling.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    "No", in my opinion.

The beauty of WoW is the fact that we are playing with other players.
    Why are you playing a MMO if you only want a RPG...
    Just buy a solo-RPG if you want there is plenty out there.

Dragon Quest comes to mind.
    but we cant have our wow toons in those.

if they implemented AI for dungeons and raids people could reap all benefits with no negative impact.

hell it would be positive because elitest a...holes could swim in their own toxic puddle and casual people coudl just use solo with AI. or take 2-3 friends and fill up rest of group with AI .

there is no downside to it besides elitest people being unable to be toxic to casuals ever again .

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I strongly disagree. Solo players are a niche constituency and as such do not need more 'focus'. Not everything is meant to be solo'd. Not everything in the game should be attainable for a solo player, no matter what their level of dedication or time investment.
    ah ye - thats why one of most popular mmorpg anime (one that pretty much started its genre ) was focused on "solo player character " at least season 1

something that just came to my mind wonder why i didnt thought about it before.

face it solo playing has been popular for many years now. just that those people couldnt raid prior to lfr or do dungeons prior to lfd .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Game was better when it was LESS solo, take us back to that, there's plenty of other games out there if you want a solo experience.... SWTOR, ESO, etc.
    interesting when one of most popular feature of legion aka mage tower was 100% solo content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    The MMORPG Genre has MMO in it for a reason. Go play a single player game if you want to have 0 social interaction.
    Massive MultiPlayer Online, i.e. big game, players sharing world, online. Nothing there about interaction other than the implied promise that it's possible.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

For someone who dislikes social interaction with others you sure make a lot of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    interesting when one of most popular feature of legion aka mage tower was 100% solo content.
    interesting that game was more popular before LFG and LFR.

and the CHALLENGE of the mage tower was well received, the actual completion rates were pretty low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But as it is now, I don't think this will change. Blizzard is very invested in the "everyone is your random friend!!" concept they've created and if anything, it will move more towards implementing things like "dungeon score" (builtin raider.io) into the UI so groups can exclude others at their hearts content. I've never really understood how Blizzard can misunderstand basic human functions so badly, but here we are - random pugging is The Thing.
    It's extraordinary to me at this point how Blizzard still promotes the belief that the real game, as played by real players in the real world, is inclusive when in fact the first thing players do is move to be exclusive. Another reason why Blizzard won't change this is that people leave instead of really speaking up about it. I'm not so sure that the top game management at Blizzard (Ion and others) disapprove of "exclusionary first" even though it's really terrible for the game. Their past history and the sites they have been associated with are clear indications of that.

7+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.
    I'd rather the game becomes more social than it currently is.

If you want a single player game, there are enough very good single players games out there.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    For someone who dislikes social interaction with others you sure make a lot of threads.
    I noticed this as well... I'm glad I'm not the only one that picked up on this.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

we need consistent content for solo player ive been dry last six months.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

This is a Massively Multiplayer game, not a single player RPG, if you want a single player RPG, go play one, there are plenty, there is no reason to try to turn WoW into a single player game, something it isn't and should never be.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I'm wondering if the dev team is run as "well kept garden" like the community was.
    This is a good read and instructive in that the guild and site were a fertile "well kept garden" (as it were) for recruiting developers. Some of them are still at Blizzard now.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...luential-guild

Favorite quote:
    John Palacek (Meissner): In the early expansions, it was "Go to EJ if you want to find out anything, they have the best information." By the later expansions it had become "They're so mean."

I'd say both reputations were affected by moderating. Without culling bad posts, you can't find good information. MMO-Champion proved that allowing people to post anything leads to lots of garbage. But people like posting garbage. That led to a much higher volume of posts at that site, and some true gems hiding among the chaff.
    I have thoughts about the history since then particularly with respect to the rise of Icy Veins but will keep them to myself except for saying that I'm largely in agreement.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-04-20 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind solo scenarios but greater rewards demands more inclusion to me. Meaning, according to my opinion, OP still wouldn't get his will, as I believe having to do group content to earn an allied race is needed. Solo content for small things, sure but shouldn't really be able to reach a conclusion of the expansion without working in groups.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..