Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really hope that technology keeps evolving and the bugs get ironed out, as well as prices eventually coming down. It will pretty much make tablets obsolete. Currently phone screens just aren't big enough to do that.

I own a $50 smartphone, it does the same shit as more expensive smartphones. No one needs a $2k smartphone.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds neat but if this is a design flaw which can be easily reproduced either through day to day use or purely accidental at any given time then that's a bit of a stretch to continue with the release especially if Samsung decides it's caused by user error which may void any warranty.

They should consider further closed research and development rather than using consumers to pay $2000+ to beta test their product.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I own a $50 smartphone, it does the same shit as more expensive smartphones. No one needs a $2k smartphone.
    $50? Like buyout price or sign up for 2 years price?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    $50? Like buyout price or sign up for 2 years price?
    https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/l...e-dynasty.html

The downside is that Boost is a shitty carrier despite using Sprint towers. I have unlimited everything for $30 a month though, have been with them since 2007 ish. Which is why I haven't left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Fanboying for an OS is retarded, use what you want, buy what you think its best for you and why the fuck would you need to push other to follow your choice ?
    Can't really agree more with this. Use what you want, don't give a fuck what anyone else is using.

The downside is that Boost is a shitty carrier despite using Sprint towers. I have unlimited everything for $30 a month though, have been with them since 2007 ish. Which is why I haven't left.
    Ah yes, so you do have to pick a plan with them then. God sometimes I wish I lived in America.

Apparently the reviewers are taking off the protective cover of the phone and that's what's causing the breakage. Either way, it's 2 grand for the thing. In a few years these things will be super common and way more affordable with better protections. I tend to stay away from the early iteration of tech devices. That said, a phone that folds out to a tablet is pretty cool idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    The phone is actually sort of a concept for enthusiasts and not for the average user, not even for people who case high end phones.

S10s are fine. S9s were fine. S8... LOL. But galaxys have always been solid, their budget galaxys always worked fine from what I've seen as well.

Again, the Fold really isn't for most people nor marketed as such. It's a 'this is tech you might see in your phone 5 years from now when it's feasible ".

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/17/1...flexible-bulge

For all the talk of $1,000 iPhones (which run the same price as 1k Samsungs) I'm surprised I haven't seen any talk of the 2k current failure that is Samsungs fold. Seems like a bad track record within a few years. First exploding phones now 2k phones that seem to just be poorly planned out for an 8 year endeavor.
    It's new tech... I was hoping for folding phones with big screens years ago and now they are coming. Give them some time to sort it out. It's a test unit...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what people get for buying Samsung junk. As much of a ripoff as the iPhone X

Well, to be fair, there are TVs people buy for 10-100k. 2k smartphone doesn't seem so bad in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    These phones are getting ridiculous. I'm perfectly happy with my galaxy s3. Had it for years with no problems.
    Only issues with some of the older phones if they are still in good shape is the internet connections from them are not very strong in a lot of areas.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I have the S10+ and it's the best phone I've ever had. I think the success of the S10's are covering a bit for the Fold. I don't see why the fold is something people would want. "Cool" idea but pointless imo

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of the Samsung Fold but yeah, it's new tech, can't expect it to be perfect from the get go.

And I also agree with fanboying being stupid. Just use what you prefer. I have an Android smartphone I'm happy with (Galaxy S8) and an iPad I'm happy with. Android and iOS both have their pro's and con's.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/17/1...flexible-bulge

For all the talk of $1,000 iPhones (which run the same price as 1k Samsungs) I'm surprised I haven't seen any talk of the 2k current failure that is Samsungs fold. Seems like a bad track record within a few years. First exploding phones now 2k phones that seem to just be poorly planned out for an 8 year endeavor.
    The reviewers were taking a layer of the screen off when they weren't supposed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Meh, I've always said apple products are double the price of what they are worth for amazing customer service. They are also typically more simple and new user friendly.
    I wouldn't call it amazing. They lie to customers and tell them they need a new device when their current one is easily repairable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Except S3 has almost zero app support these days which is crucial
    Still getting security updates and Android updates through AOSP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    that thing is the size of a tablet.... so just buy one of those + a pocket sized phone + a fancy bag for your tablet and still have a lot left?

cant imagine a use case for regularly needing a tablet sized screen but only having room to carry a (big) phone.
    It's a first generation Halo product.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Meh, I've always said apple products are double the price of what they are worth for amazing customer service. They are also typically more simple and new user friendly.
    The customer service isn't actually good as you suggest. Lot of the times it would seem their customer service is to try to get people to buy new product rather than repair and use their old ones. You can read this article about repair/ data recovery service for Apple. Doesn't seem to paint a good picture about them.

Could be getting a lot better service if the Tmobile-Sprint merger goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The reviewers were taking a layer of the screen off when they weren't supposed to.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't call it amazing. They lie to customers and tell them they need a new device when their current one is easily repairable

- - - Updated - - -

Still getting security updates and Android updates through AOSP

- - - Updated - - -

It's a first generation Halo product.
    Half did half didn't.

There is a point when folding there is a gap and if dust or dirt gets in there that could create issues.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    The customer service isn't actually good as you suggest. Lot of the times it would seem their customer service is to try to get people to buy new product rather than repair and use their old ones. You can read this article about repair/ data recovery service for Apple. Doesn't seem to paint a good picture about them.
    huh, last time I had an apple product was 2011. Is this recent, or was I just a retarded 16 year old