Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Man, if Vanilla was ultra casual, which spot does that put modern wow in? Superduperultramegauber levels of casualness?
    wow was considered casual, because there is no punishing mechanics, like gear and exp loss, your progress never goes backwards, so, it's basically the same now
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    wow was considered casual, because there is no punishing mechanics, like gear and exp loss, your progress never goes backwards, so, it's basically the same now
    I know why it was considered oh-so-casual back in the day. Now it's like 10x more casual, and I'm not really sure that it's a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    I'm not white knighting, as i said there's plenty i don't like in all xpacs, these new ideas come with flaws also. The point of the thread to get good ideas, better ideas. I'm not hiring so i don't need you qualifications :-)
    Coming up with something better is much more difficult to do than just identifying issues. Even more so when you can't fully have a fresh original idea you are stuck trying to piece together success from a broken feature. It is great they are trying to do something else, some of these major and minor traits are so absurdly strong for some or all specs, having 80 to 100% uptime on major cds is a big problem. Adding in things that will only continue to scale out of control is a big problem. The power gap from one item to the next is a big problem. Honestly from what I have seen on the PTR and in various class or theory crafting discord this attempt to fix an issue is going to bring far more and bigger issues with it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

OP, content creators make tons of constructive suggestions. Bellular pitched mount customization and now it’s being added. Asmongold pitched reducing the number of raid difficulties, making world quests actually difficult and require groups to complete, adding world events to the rest of Azeroth and not just the “current” continent, reintroducing Reputations in the spirit of TBC instead of being world quest trackers, and none of it is being added.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to do better myself; Blizzard themselves have already done better in the past. They need only look back to ~WotLK-MoP eras for ideas, particularly with itemization, reward structure, and class design. I think Blizzard's content and world design teams do a pretty good job these days, but their systems designers are flat-out terrible at their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I don't have to do better myself; Blizzard themselves have already done better in the past. They need only look back to ~WotLK-MoP eras for ideas, particularly with itemization, reward structure, and class design. I think Blizzard's content and world design teams do a pretty good job these days, but their systems designers are flat-out terrible at their jobs.
    I feel the same exact way. Their production is world class, game & systems design is idiot-tier. Case in point, Blizzard brought in the “just quadruple the loot!” guy from the Diablo team to help fix their gearing system in Legion - and BFA is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Blizz is... paying... kotick.... hahahaha. Do you know who Kotick is? The CEO of ATVI? Only people clearing his salary are the Board and the investors, and that's the only people he answers to. Blizzard is nothing but ants to him and he hates video games.
    His salary comes from atvi business accounts, so yes, he is payed by blizzard. Where did you pull off he hates video games? Guy is doing his job and gets payed, at least board and investors think he is doing good job. Thats all that matters.
    When you make your own company, install your ceo guy and then you have every right to criticize him.
    In this case, you dont have that right, since BK salary isnt coming from your bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    His salary comes from atvi business accounts, so yes, he is payed by blizzard. Where did you pull off he hates video games? Guy is doing his job and gets payed, at least board and investors think he is doing good job. Thats all that matters.
    When you make your own company, install your ceo guy and then you have every right to criticize him.
    In this case, you dont have that right, since BK salary isnt coming from your bank account.
    We have every right to criticize these people, stop slobbing their knobs. Bobby is one of the most overpaid CEOs in the business. And he certainly doesn't want anyone to have fun making games. "He later added, "We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

He sure has sucked the passion out of the Blizzard team, and you can see it in the subpar products. BfA is trash, OW doesn't get anything in the way of decent updates, Diablo 3 has been on life support for years, SCII and HOTS are non existent, and Hearthstone has just been turned into a huge money grab with far too many expansions a year.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ac.../1100-6226758/
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-04-21 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 8.2 is on the horizon , it's being tested on the PTR, every content creator has thrown out as many videos as possible about the heart of azeroth, essences, mechagon in order to get their views, subs and more. The positive videos are done and now they spin it on its head to bring the negativity and gain more views and subs.
    I'm no huge fan of absolutely everything in this xpac or even any xpac for that matter, But people will complain about anything blizzard do now i feel.
    I would love to see them do better. So instead of picking at whats wrong with the current stuff. Tell us their foolproof ideas that come with no downsides, are perfect in every way and no one would dislike.
    Maybe an idea right here could make it into 9.0?
    People are negative because it doesn't address the issues people are experiencing.
    No one cared about the azerite system after they introduced some new traits. People are pissed because of a lot of other things, which is just not addressed at all in the patch.

That's why people are negative.

We have every right to criticize these people, stop slobbing their knobs. Bobby is one of the most overpaid CEOs in the business. And he certainly doesn't want anyone to have fun making games. "He later added, "We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

He sure has sucked the passion out of the Blizzard team, and you can see it in the subpar products. BfA is trash, OW doesn't get anything in the way of decent updates, Diablo 3 has been on life support for years, SCII and HOTS are non existent, and Hearthstone has just been turned into a huge money grab with far too many expansions a year.

For you and every other person in this thread chiming that Activision is at fault- you do realize that ActiBlizz happened mid to late TBC?
    We got arguably the two best expansions in the games history after that.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2019-04-21 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    People are negative because it doesn't address the issues people are experiencing.
    No one cared about the azerite system after they introduced some new traits. People are pissed because of a lot of other things, which is just not addressed at all in the patch.

That's why people are negative.
    And when they said "artifact weapon like" people weren't expecting generic crap, people want class abilities....

- - - Updated - - -

For you and every other person in this thread chiming that Activision is at fault- you do realize that ActiBlizz happened mid to late TBC?
    We got arguably the two best expansions in the games history after that.
    All that shows is it took them awhile to get their claws in, this last year or two especially you hear more of them digging in, more Activision influence and it will only get worse as time goes on. And it was all still OWNED by vivendi until 2013, during mists.

"On July 25, 2013, Activision Blizzard announced the purchase of 429 million shares from owner Vivendi for $5.83 billion, dropping the shareholder from a 63% stake to 11.8% by the end of the deal in September.[33] At the conclusion of the deal, Vivendi was no longer Activision Blizzard's parent company,[34] and Activision Blizzard became an independent company as a majority of the shares became owned by the public."

And what came after mop? The steaming pile of dog feces that was WoD, and then an extremely long period of development, the longest ever seen, before the half decent expansion of Legion came out, and then back to the hard, moldy pile of shit that is BfA.

Cata was godsend compared to 2 out of 3 of the last expansions.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-04-21 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All that shows is it took them awhile to get their claws in, this last year or two especially you hear more of them digging in, more Activision influence and it will only get worse as time goes on.
    There has literally been no evidence at all to suggest that Activision is somehow pulling strings to actively fuck up their biggest cash cow.
    I'd more wager that the current staff is trying to cater to as wide of an audience as possible.. the only issue with that is that if you try to please everyone, you please no one.

There has literally been no evidence at all to suggest that Activision is somehow pulling strings to actively fuck up their biggest cash cow.
    I'd more wager that the current staff is trying to cater to as wide of an audience as possible.. the only issue with that is that if you try to please everyone, you please no one.
    They're tightening down the financials, cutting out under performers, etc. There was reports on this very site of people inside Blizzard saying Activision was exerting more influence.

And WoW is nowhere near the cashcow it once was, even though ATVI as a whole had a record year, Blizzards own profits were much lower then the last few, and that was with an expansion launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 8.2 is on the horizon , it's being tested on the PTR, every content creator has thrown out as many videos as possible about the heart of azeroth, essences, mechagon in order to get their views, subs and more. The positive videos are done and now they spin it on its head to bring the negativity and gain more views and subs.
    I'm no huge fan of absolutely everything in this xpac or even any xpac for that matter, But people will complain about anything blizzard do now i feel.
    I would love to see them do better. So instead of picking at whats wrong with the current stuff. Tell us their foolproof ideas that come with no downsides, are perfect in every way and no one would dislike.
    That's not how game development feedback works, nor is it the kind of feedback developers are looking for (not that Blizzard pays attention to feedback until it's too late anyways).
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

people don't have to justify their displeasure to you.

and I'm pretty sure being involved in the beta realms from wrath beta to WoD beta means i've given them input again and again only for it to be filed into the incinerator like they've always done.
    i suggested something like maelstrom(worked based on mana instead of a meta resource and passively modified melee attack speed based on current % of total mana) back during wrath beta, meanwhile enhe shaman didn't get any(non-cosmetic) development until WoD instead being mainly focused on rotating around the shared shock CD rotation for 4 expacs.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watch a fair few.
    think one of the best are Taliesen & Evitel Always bring a positive twist, & make it constructive too
    Their biggest accomplishment in the game is getting a hippo, and they guys looks like he's on amphetamines all the time. It's hard to take bunch of casual plebs seriously.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Communicate with players who can't even talk to each other without going into insults and hyperbole? This thread didn't get past 2 replies before it started.
    Are you dumb or something? Communication between a gaming company and their community is not about exchanging views and trading posts or tweets. In short it's about reading and reacting to players oppinions and displaying changes made (or to be made) in the game. Letting players know what changes will take place and WHY. GGG is probably the best example, they frequently update their manifestos, they never miss update change list + they release videos and shit. Retards at Blizzard can't even announce stupid drop rate changes or spec abilities stealth nerfs/buffs. They're the apex of dickbaggery.

Just put yourself in his shoes. Nothing else. If you really try to see things thru eyes of other people, you would see he is doing the job he does s paid for and he is doing very well. Numbers are on his side.
    I think you are focusing your frustration to the wrong person - Ceo is not the person who designs azerite armor, balancing classes or smth like that.
    His only fault might be that he is not changing wow lead designer, but then again, there is no data that would back up this decision, since numbers are thru the roof.
    Also, whatever you think of it, Diablo mobile will be huge success for sure. Also, they are launching classic. That is where you can see his future projects. And thats why he is great ceo, he is doing his job, majbe others dont, but he does.
    I dont know where you pulled that “overpaid” thingy off, but it is not on you or me to judge if he is overpaid or not. Board obviously thought he deserves that much and it is going off their pockets, private pockets, not yours or mine. If board decides today to award him billions, we still dont have anything to do with it. Its what they want to do with their money.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Well , I don’t know. People who break The TOS and advertise other to do the same. Well no . Bann them forever pls
    Ikr, The ToS specifically says that you do NOT OWN your character and never will, so you should never even think you can do something with that character in a way that denotes you acting like you do own it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really getting sick of people coming out of the woodwork and saying "You can't criticize this billion dollar corporation unless you can come up with something better."

It's not my fucking job to come up with something better. It's theirs. Shut up. They had a year in alpha and beta with people telling them gearing, classes, and the original azerite system was never gonna work and they decided to fucking do it anyway and this expansion was a disaster. People complained. Now they are changing things. For the better? We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Their biggest accomplishment in the game is getting a hippo, and they guys looks like he's on amphetamines all the time. It's hard to take bunch of casual plebs seriously.
    Dont forget those "casual plebs" are the majority of players. And what accomplishment player need to have to have valid opinion about WoW?