Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I want to see whatever race that bred the Arcadian War Turtle. What kind of creature needs warm seats? And what's the meaning of "Arcadian"? Maybe there is a hidden continent called Arcadia on the other side of Azeroth, or maybe it's just some reference...

Perhaps the race that created it come from a place with a lot of volcanic activity, and so they can't take the cold, would also somewhat justify the turtles glowing orange mouth and eyes

Broken draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazindragon1737 View Post
    Well there is still two races from WC3 that haven't shown up in WoW yet. The Bannits which are a humanoid bunny race and the Arachnathids which are a scorpion like humanoid bug race similar to the Nerubians or Mantid.

As for what i'd like to see is maybe a Shark type humanoid race
    Well I couldn't find bannits, but I found a race called ....Bunnies and there's not exactly solid proof the Arachnathids were sentient

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    Broken draenei.
    what are they doing on the other side of Azeroth? not saying they couldn't but still I'm interested in your explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Perhaps the race that created it come from a place with a lot of volcanic activity, and so they can't take the cold, would also somewhat justify the turtles glowing orange mouth and eyes
    Man, have you never appreciated seat heating in cards on ice cold days?

There aren't many types of races Blizzard hasn't done in some form already, so I'd honestly rather they expand on existing ones and make those playable. As an example, instead of creating a new lizard person race, give us saurok, sethrak, or drakonid; or instead of another anthropomorphic animal give us vulpera, furbolg, gnolls, etc.

So for the purpose of this thread I'd like something we haven't seen yet and the only type we don't have that immediately comes to mind are slime/blob people. Anything from Clayface and Venom in comics to Devils in Megaman and Chaos from Sonic(and of course there's always slime girls from anime, since every race's female needs sex appeal).

I was going to say sapient constructs like warforged from D&D and mechari from Wildstar, but I guess we've technically already got that with mechagnomes and to a lesser extent iron vrykul and iron dwarves.

Also, holy shit I had forgotten about the WC3 bunnymen until someone brought it up in this thread. I know they were a bigger joke than pandaren but I wonder if they'd be retconned as virmen if Blizzard ever remembers them.

Edit: I'd like to add that anyone using the "we've seen globes!" argument has been wrong three times before when MoP, Legion, and BfA brought new landmasses. There's no reason to think other continents/islands won't be added eventually.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-04-22 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

What're you talking about? Azeroth is flat, that's why we never take a boat/zep from EK to KM w/out going near the maelstrom. Otherwise, you just fall off. /s

Last edited by Felmourn; 2019-04-22 at 09:22 PM. Reason: For my sick MS skillz dawg
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

5+ Year Old Account
    Totally forgot about the other side of Azeroth. Kinda excited!

How sure are you WoW isn't flat?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    there is no other side of azeroth

also this is some of the worst, and most awkward, fan fiction ive ever read
    Well, there's SOMETHING there, because no one trying to sail west from Kalimdor to EK or east from EK to Kalimdor (I.E. not past the maelstrom) ever returns. Also, many Titan globes show Azeroth having Polar Ice Caps, and we've seen it from Argus, so we know it isn't flat.

Either way, we just don't know much of anything about what lies there.
    Last edited by Margamanthak; 2019-04-22 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Well I couldn't find bannits, but I found a race called ....Bunnies and there's not exactly solid proof the Arachnathids were sentient

- - - Updated - - -

what are they doing on the other side of Azeroth? not saying they couldn't but still I'm interested in your explanation
    Avoiding all the shitty conflicts. TBH i just wanna play as one, dont care about implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I want to see whatever race that bred the Arcadian War Turtle. What kind of creature needs warm seats? And what's the meaning of "Arcadian"? Maybe there is a hidden continent called Arcadia on the other side of Azeroth, or maybe it's just some reference...
    Yup strange that, since turtles prefer to stay away from cold.

On Topic, I would prefer to have more story about the existing races instead of another disaster that fucks up all lore.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Edit: I'd like to add that anyone using the "we've seen globes!" argument has been wrong three times before when MoP, Legion, and BfA brought new landmasses. There's no reason to think other continents/islands won't be added eventually.
    I agree about discrediting th in-game globes. However, it makes more sense to add land masses below Kalimdor, EK, and Pandaria. I think it’s just easier from everything we’ve seen about Azeroth to conclude that, there’s more south. Especially when on the Vindicaar on Argus, no need to ruin that visual by negating its “accuracy”.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would want to see the Vulpera, I don't know if I dreamt this or it happened in game but I remember them saying they came from across the sea. So I'd like to see what their society is, and why the Nomads (what I'm going to refer to the Vulpera we met as) decided or needed to leave?

I would LOVE to see a vampiric race, or an explanation of how the Vampyr came to be

I think highly evolved Trogg race would be interesting, maybe they found some Titanic device, or something similar to what the Goblins found that gave them a powerful boon or maybe they submitted to the Old gods after being neglected by the Titans but after the defeat of N'zoth or whatever comes, they became free and without purpose

15+ Year Old Account
    Another Human kingdom that's like quite different to what we have. Maybe a middle-eastern,african or even like an Indian-themed human kingdom.

more intelligent avian races. maybe a race of humanoid Owls with their own culture and kingdom.

more insectoid races that do not serve the old gods. We don't know if the Qiraji or the Mantid were created by the old-gods, or maybe the old gods corrupted them and made them do their bidding. So it would be nice to see an insectoid race that is not corrupted by the old gods.

The craziest idea I came up with recently were giant Mexican Toad people using the Dire Troll animations, but I'm kind of getting attached to it

So we have spaceships to other planets but still haven't explored 50% of the planet? I mean, I like the idea, it gives us space to hope and speculate, but I think Azeroth is already pretty well documented. Also, wouldn't these guys also want to save it from imminent doom like we are right now? Is it only getting wrecked in our side?

Too many plotholes for them to come with an explanation, but since we're running out of space, if it was well done, I'm ok with it

Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    So we have spaceships to other planets but still haven't explored 50% of the planet? I mean, I like the idea, it gives us space to hope and speculate, but I think Azeroth is already pretty well documented. Also, wouldn't these guys also want to save it from imminent doom like we are right now? Is it only getting wrecked in our side?

Too many plotholes for them to come with an explanation, but since we're running out of space, if it was well done, I'm ok with it
    For all we know at the end of the Expansion someone might come from the other side we curiously haven't documented and say, "what the hells goin on back here!"

I only want to explore K'areesh and the Aldrachi people
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Murlocs. I would actually resub for murlocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Also, the chances of there being "another side of Azeroth" seem pretty slim, based on what we've seen of globes and map representations so far.
    It's not impossible, but the maps and lore for it are all over the place.

When seen from Argus, the space between EK and Kalimdor is quite large, and darkened. It shows enough room for a large continent to exist there.

When seen on various maps on Azeroth, some show EK and Kalimdor nearly touching, while others show those two continents basically on separate sides of the globe. Some show small islands there as well.
    -cinematic globe
    -Ulduar globe
    -smaller globes (these have been updated to show Pandaria as well)

Some other globes show barely any space between the two continents, where people from western Kalimdor would be able to see the shores of the eastern side of the Eastern Kingdoms. Some globes show polar icecaps, while others do not - though we've seen things more north than Northrend as well.

Even the lore is all over the place. In Chronicle Vol. 1, page 29 it says about Ancient Kalimdor:
    This burgeoning civilization was located near the center of Azeroth's largest continent.
    Which suggests something which to be compared to be the "largest."

However in Volume 3 it says:
    Over ten thousand years ago, they built a glorious empire that reached the far corners of Azeroth's single landmass.
    There are also the Forbidding Sea and Veiled Sea, which would be shared waters if there was nothing to separate it. Most of the time (but not always) we name seas/oceans differently because a landmass separates the two seas/oceans. If they were one large sea, it would be akin to the Pacific Ocean in that case. This suggests that there are either a series of islands there or one large landmass.

However, in the quest Marshfin Madness the quest givers says:
    You have to wonder just what's out there. This is the coast of the Forbidding Sea, with nothing beyond its reaches... but all these fishy folk just stomped right out of it.

What's more, I saw where they've been going...
    Suggesting there's nothing out there.

So the lore for it isn't definite, meaning that there is enough wiggle room for Blizzard to do whatever they want. Either way, there could be something there, or not. Personally, I would much prefer if there was a landmass there, to add more to Azeroth.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.