Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so, to summarize the wall of text...

this is not classic/vanilla wow, this is burning crusade.

Got it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Only one server? I figured there would be a PvE and one PvP.
    They never said anything about one server in the post that I can see. Pretty sure they'll have PvE, PvP, RP, and RP-PvP as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post

Got it.
    I suggest re-reading it. It isn't BC at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They never said anything about one server in the post that I can see. Pretty sure they'll have PvE, PvP, RP, and RP-PvP as per usual.
    PvE, PvP and RP, yes. RP-PvP might be at a later point.

"Please keep providing feedback, we know some of you want RP-PvP, and even if that doesn’t happen at launch, there’s always a chance to expand our realm structure if there’s enough demand for it, so definitely keep making yourselves heard by sharing your feedback and we’ll make sure to relay it to the dev team."

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...rs-in-classic/

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    I suggest re-reading it. It isn't BC at all.
    Yea, at least more specs were functional in BC haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Solid communication.

I like the classic team
    This. If Ion communicated like this, 3/4s of the firestorms that erupt wouldn't happen.

pvp gear will be a problem

cuz for some classes pvp gear is BiS in pve up till naxx.. and its gonna come out in its final form in phase 2 when BWL isnt even out yet, and for almost all classes pvp gear in its final form is better than a lot of BWL gear

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Reasonable and articulated concept layout and justification. I love the communication style that the Classic team is giving us. I just desperately wish the Retail team had the ability to do the same. The juxtaposition between the two teams is... Jarring, really.

Every post I read, the more I want to play Classic. They do the spirit of Blizzard of old, proud.
    Well said, Kalmakk, couldn’t agree more.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    cuz for some classes pvp gear is BiS in pve up till naxx.. and its gonna come out in its final form in phase 2 when BWL isnt even out yet, and for almost all classes pvp gear in its final form is better than a lot of BWL gear
    It's not like everyone will be running around in PVP gear though. Only people who play PVP like a full-time job for months will get the epic gear, and raiding wouldn't be their priority. I guess it would impact world first strats, but does anyone care about that in Classic?

A little disappointing but completely expected.

I lived through the terrible itemization once already, so I don't mind, but it's kind of sad people that will be playing it for the first time won't get to see how gear/classes worked at the beginning.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with them on this. Classic team is doing a great job with communicating with players, I'm really optimistic about classic now, more than ever.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Said it before, this is not going to be like Vanilla, they do not have everything they require, and neither they would ever tryhard to make it feel like Vanilla.
    Even if it was a 1:1 recreation would it sill be considered Vanilla in 2019? As mentioned in the blue post, we can't unlearn what we already know and that knowledge alone will ultimately change our perspective and experiences which happened nearly 15 years ago. We've all changed since then too.

I'm sure it'll be plenty nostalgic though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Even if it was a 1:1 recreation would it sill be considered Vanilla in 2019? As mentioned in the blue post, we can't unlearn what we already know and that knowledge alone will ultimately change our perspective and experiences which happened nearly 15 years ago. We've all changed since then too.

I'm sure it'll be plenty nostalgic though.
    Which as i said is why its just another "private" server, but instead of a Russian basement dev that steals server money, its gonna be an actual team, and you will know that next month the server wont go down because lawyers.

That, and B.net friends support and shop.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Which as i said is why its just another "private" server, but instead of a Russian basement dev that steals server money, its gonna be an actual team, and you will know that next month the server wont go down because lawyers.

That, and B.net friends support and shop.
    Yeah, that was the biggest concern I had when it came to trying out private servers. I still did but man the uptime on some and the unknown of how long it'd last was a little too much for me to invest time in to.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post

Got it.
    So to summarize, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Not to forget that everyone already know inside and out of each bosses's abilities as well. Plus load of guides exist on the internet.
    Hell just the debuff slot increase alone will trivialize MC.

If you are really looking forward to Classic it shouldn't be for the raiding it should be for the journey.

Progression raiding will not really be a thing.
    Even if they released 1.0 MC would be destroyed rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The gear would be in it's final variation of vanilla... They could also get the same gear. What the fuck are you talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Why make that comparison if it's not reality though?
    Why make the comparison? Are you really asking me this?

The problem here is that people like you probably don't know what progressive itemization even is and definitely don't know the impact that 1.12 stats on all gear has on early raids.

Mages for example will have 2x the amount of spellpower, a lot more spellhit, more HP and mana.

If you don't understand it, please get out of here and come back once you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Now, queue planning for everything. Not like it's not already happening, but BiS lists, farming routes, boss strats, etc. ALL of that pre-planning BS will simply ruin what original WoW was all about in my opinion. Original WoW was all about figuring it all out. Even though I'm still going to play it like the old days, the feeling of the unknown is still going to be missing unfortunately.
    Its impossible to recreate the unknown once its known, The classic devs have realised this even if you haven't yet accepted it.

gotta say i hoped they would do progressive itemization for the sake of adding a bit of difficulty. Either way it is what it is, though.

Classic team looks more engaged with the game than BFA team, and its giving actual explanations, not like “oh we learned on our mistakes but we will leave it for another 14 months (maybe they will forget about it)”.

This makes me sad a little bit :/