Fearing Off Boat

Was using fear on a boat to kick people off against the rules during Vanilla

99% sure fear was programmed from the start to re-direct affected characters who ran to the edge of a platform to turn in another direction, meaning feared players would never fall off something from the fear itself (far more common for people to accidentally fall from their own movement once it wore off if they were right at the edge).

Mind control is the more common method of grieving people off boats, sure it's a dick move but it's not using an ingame exploit so I can't see how it breaks Blizzards ToS.

Fear never makes you character jump off an edge that would cause a fall animation.

Fear only makes you run into places you can get to with walking. Any incident of Fear making you fall of boats is strictly private servers having bad scripting.

Though it was possible to fear someone off the boat to the pier next to the boat in most cases if it was still docked and not moving.

Edit: as far as general griefing on transports, it was 100% allowed. There even was this 1 mad lad who gained quite a following for massacring Menethil Harbor boat for months.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2019-04-25 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Mind controlling and fearing people for whatever reason was always allowed and encouraged.

Please stop bringing up private server bugs and their politics/rules
    They have all kinds of weird rules, because a) they can't properly code some mechanics and b) because there are always GM's that are trying their best to turn the game in their favor (and get people banned for silly reasons)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-04-25 at 01:49 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wasn't possible to fear people off boats (or any other sort of ledge) unless some kind of glitch was involved.

Although fear could be disorienting. If fear breaks when you're standing right on an edge, you might end up running yourself off (because of that sudden bit where you have control again). I had that happen to me once or twice, especially in my keyboard turning days.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure you're ahead of him in leveling guys.

Mind controlling people into the lava within Blackrock Mountain was da BOMB!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Oh yes. So delightfully wicked.

"against the rules"..... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    99% sure fear was programmed from the start to re-direct affected characters who ran to the edge of a platform to turn in another direction, meaning feared players would never fall off something from the fear itself (far more common for people to accidentally fall from their own movement once it wore off if they were right at the edge).

Mind control is the more common method of grieving people off boats, sure it's a dick move but it's not using an ingame exploit so I can't see how it breaks Blizzards ToS.
    Many Onyxia strategies relied on that to keep people from running into stuff. Getting everybody up on the rise was the main issue.

So you saw that video too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fear never let you fall/drop...

Quote Originally Posted by ovine View Post
    So you saw that video too.
    No, unlike you (an assumption), I played the original game.

No, unlike you (an assumption), I played the original game.
    If you're going to assume, assume you're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time fear could get people off the boat is if the target player counter-reacted badly. Normally mind-control is the thing, and could be counted as griefing in Classic if people kept on (seen people banned for it) but overall, if PvP, it would easily happen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

no ` `
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

If you were feared near an edge, sometimes players when they regained control would accidentally walk off due to camera positioning or pressing the wrong key.