Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It is distinct enough with the glowy shit and the extra bones to notice if you are paying attention, which it sounds like you are one that does so.
    I have all the mythic BOD leather gear but I would never use the appearance of it because it looks very bad in my opinion.

But my opinion is not really important here.

It's just a fact that the appearance of tier gear was more desirable when the alternative was to look really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Because "right-click-inspect" is so hard.
    It's like you're an idiot.
    Haha yeah try that in PVP you fuckin dickface! I hope your computer explodes

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    By "fighting" against transmog you fight windmills, ultimately you argue in favor of transmog while not realizing it.
    I dont understant this. How?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    None of those reasons come across as particularly impactful, and this is assuming you are even correct. Point 1 is a bit ridiculous and not true. The main point in WoWs history that is famous for ninja looters was vanilla, where xmog didn't exist sooo... Points 2 and 3 I can see I guess (but it's still a non-issue) and point 3 is just weird. You know how a fight is going to go because of your buddies gear? What?

If you are saying that you could assume how good/bad the player is based on their gear and adjust your gameplay accordingly, then that's just silly af since all you have to do is inspect them to see their gear (which you should be doing ANYWAY to check enchants, etc)
    1) i have literally seen people say they will ninja loot to get mogs.
    3) point 3 is about pvp. if i see a warrior coming at me decked out in blues, i'm gonna treat it differently if he's decked out in HWL/GM gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    All of you mog hater realize that :

-You can see progression just by looking at the HP pool of a player ? (and so choose to engage him or not in world pvp)
    -You can always go farm old raid to loot old tier set and wear it so the prestige doesn't mean anything ?
    -You always have new set to farm and can show off new Mythic raid set for prestige ?
    -You have limited-time transmog actually prestigious wearable for all the lifetime of the game ?(Challenge-mode Gold armor and weapons)
    you couldn't see health pools in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    1) i have literally seen people say they will ninja loot to get mogs.
    3) point 3 is about pvp. if i see a warrior coming at me decked out in blues, i'm gonna treat it differently if he's decked out in HWL/GM gear.

- - - Updated - - -

you couldn't see health pools in vanilla.
    I'm all for a no change in Vanilla, I'm talking for those who use those argument against retail transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Because "right-click-inspect" is so hard.
    It's like you're an idiot.
    Why would i do that lol. The point is back in the day you'd see people with awesome tier sets and go OMG how do i get that and then inspect them. It's one of the reasons i'm going Lock just for the awesome looking tier sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I dont understant this. How?
    Because transmog was created for people like you, who like looking cool, and it allows you to do that. By arguing that looking cool but wearing relevant gear is bad, but looking good but wearing crap gear is good you don't make your argument stronger. You want to look cool, transmog gives you that, using transmog doesn't make you any less cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm all for a no change in Vanilla, I'm talking for those who use those argument against retail transmog.
    You can have transmog in retail all you want. You can not have linked rewards though.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    You can have transmog in retail all you want. You can not have linked rewards though.
    I don't want linked rewards, what the fuck are you babbling about ? I'm just calling bullshit about the transmog-hate crowd's argument.
    And you can see health pool of allies in Vanilla, it's hidden for ennemy NPC and players only.

I don't want linked rewards, what the fuck are you babbling about ? I'm just calling bullshit about the transmog-hate crowd's argument.
    And you can see health pool of allies in Vanilla, it's hidden for ennemy NPC and players only.
    Sorry. Just to used to seeing people try to slide linked rewards in.
    As for health pools. Which is exactly the point. When are you going to be concerned about health? Pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Because transmog was created for people like you, who like looking cool, and it allows you to do that. By arguing that looking cool but wearing relevant gear is bad, but looking good but wearing crap gear is good you don't make your argument stronger. You want to look cool, transmog gives you that, using transmog doesn't make you any less cool.
    You dont understand that is 100% more relevant having a raid set without transmog?

With transmog no one is looking at eachoters armor...because there is absolutely nothing to look at.
    Is all subjective.
    All information you get by looking at someone with tmog is "OH, this guy likes this armor, good for him" (subjective)

Information you get without transmog is all that persons progression in raiding and dungeons.
    You play at a community level.
    You evaluate everyone just by looking at them.

I cant describe any better....

Quote Originally Posted by cjmilla413 View Post
    Because they don't want to be in part of a fantasy world that is suppose to immerse them that lets everybody look like however they want? How do you not get that letting everybody look like they are a super hero without having to achieve it or get it off a powerful monster ruins immersion? This isnt playhouse barbie its a fantasy mmo rpg where powerful armor and weapons are suppose to drop off powerful monsters and come from dangerous challenging places.

go play barbie dreamhouse.. and match your socks I will play classic and kill epic monsters for epic rewards. Go play your retail of world of welfare
    ...did it pass you by that to use a transmog you have to actually get it first?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    It's the same reason a white belt wears a white belt and a black belt wears a black belt. You don't have to interview them to know their experience, you just know automatically by what they're wearing.

And good luck inspecting someone in pvp
    So you'd actually have to be skilled and not pick out the lowest geared person to just crush w/o them being able to do much? Or even in reverse, now that'd be hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You dont understand that is 100% more relevant having a raid set without transmog?

With transmog no one is looking at eachoters armor...because there is absolutely nothing to look at.
    Is all subjective.
    All information you get by looking at someone with tmog is "OH, this guy likes this armor, good for him" (subjective)

Information you get without transmog is all that persons progression in raiding and dungeons.
    You play at a community level.
    You evaluate everyone just by looking at them.

I cant describe any better....
    You can literally just click on them and look at their gear. If you're being lazy you can just mouse over their HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamora View Post
    Unless you played a fury warrior of course...
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...all/586760.jpg
    am i the only one who actually thinks he looks badass?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Are you going to actually have a discussion or should I not bother?

I'll ask again. Why are you focusing on inspecting someone in PvP rather than winning the battleground?

Gear does NOT always equate skill unless you deliberately wear level 1 garbage.
    There's no point in anyone discussing it with you because you've already made up your mind. You dont want to hear opposing view points, you just want to shut people down and tell them they're wrong. The guy already told you his reasoning, you chose to ignore it.

Calling bullshit on what? Thinking that in a RPG (roll playing game) some people think that there looks should represent there power to? This isnt barbie's playhouse were its all about looking how you want well it shouldn't be that way anyway. Wearing Scrub gear but looking like someone who is a mythic raider makes no sense in the game.I am currently playing divinity 2 and I am at the start of the game using a broken sword a plank for a shield wreaking pants and a tattered shirt. I look like a homeless person and you know what its great! because I now have motivation to work toward looking like a hero. This is how rpg games are they have always been like that. Transmog takes that away 100 percent. Many people like you will always agrue about this way of thinking to simply because you are incapable of getting that "cool" look any other way. Basically how some poor people get mad and jealous at rich people same type of thing.

Wow, didn't realize so many people were against a character looking good.

I didn't realize that you had to wear bright pink boots with a bright yellow breastplate to be authentic
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Don't waste your time trying to explain to dude he knows why its better but is going to say he does not because without transmog he would look like the scrub he deserves to look like and he doesnt want that.

He is the same type of person who thinks class legendarys are bad because everyone cant get one. Thank god for classic you scrubs can have retail because nothing in retail means a damn thing anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

I didn't realize that you had to wear bright pink boots with a bright yellow breastplate to be authentic
    Imagine if blizzard had added armor dye , like in diablo 3, back during vanilla. I wonder if there would be transmog.

I say it’s people hold on to the past or set in there ways, “only my way is the right way”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

What OP forgets are the countless threads asking for gear customization during Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath. Myself complaining about it as well.

When other MMOs had gear customization 2-3 years before WoW, and then it took Blizzard 7 fucking years to finally add it in. That was pretty fucking shitty thing to do and embarrassing.

These people using the "its not an rpg thing" excuse are just severely bullshitting themselves out of reality.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by cjmilla413 View Post
    Don't waste your time trying to explain to dude he knows why its better but is going to say he does not because without transmog he would look like the scrub he deserves to look like and he doesnt want that.

He is the same type of person who thinks class legendarys are bad because everyone cant get one. Thank god for classic you scrubs can have retail because nothing in retail means a damn thing anymore.
    Its just a video game, it never meant a damn thing. It's all just entertainment. It's fun to play and all, but why do you reaklly care what someone looks like or what gear they have?

I don't think many players (even hardcore) care about much beyond their own character, friends and guild/ raid team.

- - - Updated - - -

In a total side topic- is the key ring coming back in Classic? (My guess would be yes?)