Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by vevox View Post
    Wow you're right. I guess it just hasn't felt that long for me. Anywho, I would love for classic to release june / july but that's probably super optimistic. We can dream though
    I'd like that too! Hell, if they did it June 10th or June 11th I could enjoy my vacation time playing it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Actually, the unpaid hobbyists nailed it and are currently providing an incredible experience with a pretty good community.
    Yes, and for a hobbyist-work it worked absolutely quite well. Still: that won't work on a real producer. The Old Client can't work on today's npc s well without crashing the game. Multicore-support, DirectX 12 Support, protection against cheater, accessability-support, Voice Chat Support; all of it needs to be included into the old game to work well.

So no, it's not as easy as you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes, and for a hobbyist-work it worked absolutely quite well. Still: that won't work on a real producer. The Old Client can't work on today's npc s well without crashing the game. Multicore-support, DirectX 12 Support, protection against cheater, accessability-support, Voice Chat Support; all of it needs to be included into the old game to work well.

So no, it's not as easy as you think!
    you think it will mirror classic or be classic-like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotal View Post
    No. On every server (I played all the popular vanilla ones) there are always things that are off, such as:

Basic loot tables(random mobs always drop too much)
    Mob damage
    Bugged abilities
    Nodes spawn time (mining, herbalism) are either too fast or too slow. This leads to a screwed up economy.
    Mob and hunter pet pathing (especially in caves)
    Many bugged quests
    Band aid fixes to boss mechanics and damage when no one can provide info on how it really was back in the day
    Abusive and corrupt staff.
    Almost every npc have no dialogue. "Greetings <name>" on most npcs.

The list goes on but you get my point.

All these things and probably many more which I did not mention here are what blizzard will take their time on fixing before release, and I'd wait a thousand years to play classic rather than play a single private server again
    fair enough. i still prefer free servers to paid right now. I do not care for gameplay where every person has the exact same experience as it is designed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    you think it will mirror classic or be classic-like?
    It will mirror classic, but pcs are now quite faster than 15 years ago. Also certain things needs to be included like accessability-support and Voice Chat.

So i really think that they try to mirror classic as best as they can, but it will be not completely classic as we saw it with the item support. Items after 1.12 were much stronger than before, especially the pvp-set.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    November 23rd ;P

I was really hopeful that july 16th meme was true, at the time it actually seemed completely reasonable but here we are in may and i highly doubt 2.5 months is enough time to beta test/test addons and advertise for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Pretty sure that's already over. Wasn't that promotion back in like, September or something?
    Some people got the mount for a 6month sub that ran out during the promotion, even. After all, you only had to have one, not buy one, during that time.

yes, release date please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotal View Post
    No. On every server (I played all the popular vanilla ones) there are always things that are off, such as:

Basic loot tables(random mobs always drop too much)
    Mob damage
    Bugged abilities
    Nodes spawn time (mining, herbalism) are either too fast or too slow. This leads to a screwed up economy.
    Mob and hunter pet pathing (especially in caves)
    Many bugged quests
    Band aid fixes to boss mechanics and damage when no one can provide info on how it really was back in the day
    Abusive and corrupt staff.
    Almost every npc have no dialogue. "Greetings <name>" on most npcs.

The list goes on but you get my point.

All these things and probably many more which I did not mention here are what blizzard will take their time on fixing before release, and I'd wait a thousand years to play classic rather than play a single private server again
    While I support them getting it right since this is about branding and they are already taking a risk by competing with today's WoW, a few of the things you listed are 'features' of Vanilla. Mob damage was inconsistent. Pathing was an issue, with hunter pets being hilariously broken in some areas as you mentioned. Bugged quests were not exactly common, but not especially rare either. Named mob spawns were a big problem. I remember putting a pin in a lot of things until the Tuesday reset when things were more likely to work smoothly.

My bet is on the 20th or 27th of august 2019!

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet few months after 8.2 patch. Its all about subs and available fresh content on retail. 2-3 months after smth like that.

31 or 62 days after 8.2 hits

15+ Year Old Account
    If Classic doesn't release on June 22nd, I'm not playing it. Sick of Blizzard's lies and deceit! *logs back in to BfA*

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    I mean... it's re-releasing a game they released 15 years ago. Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".
    Rebuilding the entire game on a new client that does not support old data is a huge task. There are a fuck ton of errors with missing datapaths that the old client and old data handled well, but with old data and new client, there is so much to fix.

On top of that, they have to check nearly every part of the game and reference the original 1.12 client /w old data that the new 8.0 client /w old data transition was correct.

August or September (probably September).

I don't think there is a reason for hype + marketing. This is a word-of-mouth type thing. It can be a quick turn (plus they won't spend much marketing budget on it either)... who knows though.

5+ Year Old Account
    September 30

Because fuck us, that's why

Summer is still over 6 weeks away. We're 45 days into Spring and 47 days from summer. I wouldn't say being less than halfway is "almost" there. I'd expect an announcement a week or two before summer, for a release date in the middle of summer.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Before 23rd September, if they want it to be "summer 2019" release. So I'd say early September.
    August, 31 is the last day of Summer. September is Autumn. I, personally, hope for June, 1 release. Would be a good surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    August, 31 is the last day of Summer. September is Autumn. I, personally, hope for June, 1 release. Would be a good surprise.
    This is just wrong.

Summer 2019 - Friday, June 21 to Monday, September 23