Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One of the last big bad OG Warcraft villains, known for her extravagance, vanity, and lust for power and perfection... and her zone is a drab watery ruin...
    At least the Sea-Unicorn mount is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Gul'dan deserved better too but look what we got
    The nighthold fight was pretty good actually.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As pointed out earlier Mac'aree was like 3 buildings and lots of stuff in the background that couldn't be accessed. Argus as a whole was hugely disappointing and people complained about it constantly. Isle of Thunder was pretty cool, I'll give you that. You're okay with Tanaan Jungle which was a bunch of re-used assets and had a very same-y feel to other zones in the same expansion but Nazjatar is a problem because it's basically darker Azsuna??
    Yeah but this is a new thing to complain about so it's clearly the end of WoW.

Seems a lot like Argus, the two demon zones (can't even remember their names) were fugly, dark and green, impossible to navigate without constant aggro, taxi points far apart, and used tons of verticality making movement extraordinarily annoying. Hated, hated, them. And then there was Mac'Aree, a lovely zone that was reasonably easy to get around.

Nazjatar=demonlands, Mechagon=Mac'Aree.

It is very clear that the zone uses tons of recycled assets. It's just unfortunate they didn't recycle from Vashj'ir and Suramar in addition to Azsuna. Or even better, created a ton of new Naga art.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    As pointed out earlier Mac'aree was like 3 buildings and lots of stuff in the background that couldn't be accessed. Argus as a whole was hugely disappointing and people complained about it constantly. Isle of Thunder was pretty cool, I'll give you that. You're okay with Tanaan Jungle which was a bunch of re-used assets and had a very same-y feel to other zones in the same expansion but Nazjatar is a problem because it's basically darker Azsuna??
    Argus was actually pretty amazing. And Mac'aree wasn't just 3 buildings at all. It was a mix of multiple buildings filled with Demons, Ghosts, Void beings, and shit. It was awesome, despite 90% of it being a Skybox. Looked no different than Karabor and Shattrath (Both stated to look a bit like Mac'aree, but are far smaller in size).

The other 2 zones are perfectly fine as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Seems a lot like Argus, the two demon zones (can't even remember their names) were fugly, dark and green, impossible to navigate without constant aggro, taxi points far apart, and used tons of verticality making movement extraordinarily annoying. Hated, hated, them. And then there was Mac'Aree, a lovely zone that was reasonably easy to get around.

Nazjatar=demonlands, Mechagon=Mac'Aree.
    Idk about you, but I was able to go around Krokuun just fine. Same with Mac'aree. However, here's the thing about the Antoran Wastes. It's supposed to be fucked up, full of Demons and Fire, and Green, Black, Purple, and Red. It's where the Demons capital is, basically. So, it'd be weird if the Antoran Wastes worked the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

And idk about you, but I thought Krokuun looked awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

The Music in 7.3 was some of the best in WoW as well, like have you listened to that shit? Jesus...

Krokuun (thanks for posting the names!) was much less annoying than the Antoran Wastes. And whatever the lore justification, the Antoran Wastes were annoying as hell to actually play in.

I didn't think it looked awesome, other than the skybox. Just more grey ground and green lava, broken shore 2.0. But of course that's just my subjective opinion.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Karabor and Shattrath are the most disappointing things I've ever seen in WoW's history.
    Karabor, Shattrath, and Farahlon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Karabor, Shattrath, and Farahlon.
    Oh yeah, forgot about Farahlon. Well shit.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I am disappoint View Post
    I expected a lot more from the capital of the Naga. It looks like a generic Elven Ruins zone. A lot of it reminds me of the Broken Shore and Azsuna or Azshara. Everything about it looks so ugly. The same ugly sealife we've seen since Classic. Some "new" models that are recycled from existing models like the spider Elves from Legion. But it all looks so bland and boring. Nothing awe-inspiring. This is literally something they could've slapped together in an afternoon.
    I went through the questing and pvp experience, and feel the opposite. Go figure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, always dark Azsuna.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Argus was actually pretty amazing.
    The interesting thing, though, is that the response to Argus on these forums was exactly the same as this thread: a bunch of bitching and moaning.

And personally I didn't think Argus was that great, but I still did and still do enjoy playing the game more than I estimate I would enjoy not playing the game so I won't complain too much.

Krokuun (thanks for posting the names!) was much less annoying than the Antoran Wastes. And whatever the lore justification, the Antoran Wastes were annoying as hell to actually play in.

I didn't think it looked awesome, other than the skybox. Just more grey ground and green lava, broken shore 2.0. But of course that's just my subjective opinion.
    That's kinda what happens when you fight a bunch of demons everywhere throughout an entire expansion. At least Antorus looked amazing, and went away from the Green, Purple, and Black about half-way through.

Also, you're welcome. This is what I get for defending WoW: Legion with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The interesting thing, though, is that the response to Argus on these forums was exactly the same as this thread: a bunch of bitching and moaning.
    That's because they time-gated the two fugly demon zones first! I didn't see any threads complaining about Mechagon's looks.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Wow, so much negativity for a zone that is still in the PTR...

Relax, I'm sure the final build will be more impressive than the current one.
    last 3 expansion betas issues managed to making to launch, some ever brain dead stupid things like legion honor system resetting talents on leveling it. but this patch ptr is some how gonna be different? I got a bridge to sell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks pretty as expected.

Was everyone expecting suramar or something?

Idk I haven't really been super involved with all the city of heroes stuff going on. So I could care less atm.

Shame if people are disappointed.

Absolutely, Tanaan was much more varied. Catpeople area in the southeast, demon areas in the northeast and center, draenei southwest, undead northwest, and iron horde west, and each area had its own different look. They did a great job with that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post

And personally I didn't think Argus was that great, but I still did and still do enjoy playing the game more than I estimate I would enjoy not playing the game so I won't complain too much.
    To be fair, I mostly didn't get why other than the fact that the Antoran Wastes was nearly impossible to navigate through (I agree, but it was still fun slaying demons).

Other than that, I had a blast going through Argus. I thought the storyline was nice, the build up to Antorus was pretty good, the dungeon was fun to play and a good vacation from all that Demon shit going around. Hell, even the Music was amazing. It's even cooler seeing the Xenedar in the distance of Krokuun, Velen fighting off against Tal'gath, the Seat of the Pantheon (IN ITS ENTIRETY), and so forth. It was amazing.

I nutted when I saw that Goliath as well.

That's because they time-gated the two fugly demon zones first! I didn't see any threads complaining about Mechagon's looks.
    I saw a ton of them. Either more observant or better memory I guess.

No fucking shit it looks like Azsuna and Broken Shore when they were once part of the same kingdom. The fuck did you expect? It's not even the whole thing that looks like it, it's mainly just the Zin-Azshari part which makes perfect sense.

Edit: Honestly, should've finished reading your post before I posted, the whole "they could've done this in an afternoon" part made me realise you have no idea what you're talking about if that's legitimately something you think is feasible.