Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Besides the obvious, only race that I can think of that will really interest me is still Arakkoa.

Speaking of Sethrak, this was found from Children's Week, the kid tries to knick a keystone and Vorrik's about ready to kill him and Sethraliss calms him down but makes it clear she's not happy with the attempt.

Kinda goes to show that despite owing the Horde there isn't any love lost between the Sethrak and Zandalari if they feel threatened. If Telanji made the wrong move, and especially if Sylvanas makes the wrong move, they won't overlook it because the Horde stopped Korthek and killed Mythrax.

Also interesting since Sethraliss is back in this cutscene and Vorrik reacts so strongly, the Keystones might still have a purpose to serve in a future storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post

Speaking of Sethrak, this was found from Children's Week, the kid tries to knick a keystone and Vorrik's about ready to kill him and Sethraliss calms him down but makes it clear she's not happy with the attempt.

Kinda goes to show that despite owing the Horde there isn't any love lost between the Sethrak and Zandalari if they feel threatened. If Telanji made the wrong move, and especially if Sylvanas makes the wrong move, they won't overlook it because the Horde stopped Korthek and killed Mythrax.

Also interesting since Sethraliss is back in this cutscene and Vorrik reacts so strongly, the Keystones might still have a purpose to serve in a future storyline.
    That doesn’t really mean much in the long run. He didn’t react to the fact the child was Zandalari, just to the fact that the child tried to take the artifact. Still stretching the narrative.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    That doesn’t really mean much in the long run. He didn’t react to the fact the child was Zandalari, just to the fact that the child tried to take the artifact. Still stretching the narrative.
    Fair

I'm moreso interested in the implications the Sethrak and the keystones might have a part to play in future story since they're still guarding them so fervently, for the benefit of either faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Fair

I'm moreso interested in the implications the Sethrak and the keystones might have a part to play in future story since they're still guarding them so fervently, for either faction.
    Yeah it would be nice to see more from them, since they just seemed like Zone fodder, tho to be fair so do the Vulpera.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Ethereals are almost certainly coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    What makes you so certain? Which side do you think they'll go to, or do you think they'll be the next neutral race?

Not gonna lie i would love to see this. They have one of the best cast animations *drools a sea*

Tinker, range dps and tank. It think this is kinda fix.

Maybe, just maybe we will get two classes as it really fits with the lore. Mechagon is setting the stage for Tinker and all the Sylvanas, light undead stuff for Necromancer.

Every other class that gets mentioned in the forums is a long shot. For instance, Night Warriors for night elves and Shadow hunters, Witch doctors for Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Tinker, range dps and tank. It think this is kinda fix.

Maybe, just maybe we will get two classes-
    There is absolutely no way we'll ever get two classes at once

High Elves or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    What makes you so certain? Which side do you think they'll go to, or do you think they'll be the next neutral race?
    Yeah, absolutely the next neutral race. They work with both horde and alliance. They're traders by nature.

There was an ethereal guy in Legion that was questing with Alleria, teaching her the void and all (IIRC). Ethereals handle the void like nothing.

Since the next expansion is highly likely related to the "void lands," i can only see them becoming a new allied race.

That's all I have, just speculations from character related lore build up in-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Not gonna lie i would love to see this. They have one of the best cast animations *drools a sea*

YES. You've tapped in the same thinking I have.

Just so beautiful. Ethereal rogues and warlocks? Bring it on.

Yeah, absolutely the next neutral race. They work with both horde and alliance. They're traders by nature.

There was an ethereal guy in Legion that was questing with Alleria, teaching her the void and all (IIRC). Ethereals handle the void like nothing.

Since the next expansion is highly likely related to the "void lands," i can only see them becoming a new allied race.

That's all I have, just speculations from character related lore build up in-game.
    Makes sense to me, I'd love to see them added!

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    If we're talking just allied races then I'll just go with subraces or a race that shares skeleton/animations with an existing playable race.
    That isn't a factor in making Allied races though, not since their tech these days allows them to animate and rig characters differently from before. Hence why Vulpera may look like they're on the Goblin skeleton, but they have a slew of unique animations.

I'd give A LOT for Taunka though, but only if the females weren't just a lazy reskin of Tauren females... Muskox females actually look like Muskoxen, unlike what they did with the Taunka in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That isn't a factor in making Allied races though, not since their tech these days allows them to animate and rig characters differently from before. Hence why Vulpera may look like they're on the Goblin skeleton, but they have a slew of unique animations.

I'd give A LOT for Taunka though, but only if the females weren't just a lazy reskin of Tauren females... Muskox females actually look like Muskoxen, unlike what they did with the Taunka in-game.
    I just quested through Northrend on a Horde alt and seeing the taunka pledge themselves to the Horde really made me want them as an allied race, too. I'm sure they'd design an appropriate model for the women if they were made playable, so I'm not worried about that.

What do you think their Alliance counterpart could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I just quested through Northrend on a Horde alt and seeing the taunka pledge themselves to the Horde really made me want them as an allied race, too. I'm sure they'd design an appropriate model for the women if they were made playable, so I'm not worried about that.

What do you think their Alliance counterpart could be?
    You're more than likely correct, and I'd love to see what they could do with the Taunka males and females using today's tools!
    As for what Alliance counterpart, that's an interesting question... Perhaps Tuskarr? I'm not sure which race would make the most sense as a pairing but then again Blizzard could just come up with whatever to justify the implementation, so they're not as limited as my imagination...

I understand how their rigging works with the updated models but I thought vulpera only had new sleep, eat, and a couple other animations. You're right though, they've got quite a few different animations compared to goblins. I guess just about anything could be added to the list in that case, but I'd still prefer if unique races with a full set of new animations were regular races you don't have to unlock. I don't mind unlocking them since they've all been easy and relatively quick, but I've got friends that play super casually that wouldn't like having to unlock a brand new unique race.

Hot take for a moment, I love Allied Races, but it's falling a bit short. I'd like a revamp to be honest.

Prior to the announcement of Battle for Azeroth, one of the most common topics was sub-races, a feature that's been talked about since the beginning of WoW. Thus far Allied Races have only been suspected sub-races.
    What I'd like is for Blizzard to separate the two.

Sub-races are flavors and recolors of current races, there's clearly a separation between a regular dwarf and a Dark Iron, but it's weird that Wildhammer aren't a thing, I want them, but I'd like them to get a Dark Iron treatment, NOT barbershop bullshit. These could just be added or unlocked via a questline, nothing to really grind.

Allied Races should be things like the Vulpera, a pretty clear copy of a race, but fully disconnected. Mogu, Sethrak (kinda), Saberon, Jinyu, the aforementioned Vulpera, these should be Allied Races. I think its fine if, while sub-races have a minor task to get them, that AR require a bit more work, on par with what we currently have to do, rep grind and substantial questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post

God I wish this would become a reality...
    "What about teh female version" = critique or reason for why they won't happen... well they'd be the first race without gender dimorphism. Progressive!

God I wish this would become a reality...
    "What about teh female version" = critique or reason for why they won't happen... well they'd be the first race without gender dimorphism. Progressive!
    Now that you talk about it, i didn't saw from that prism. All races have male and female. Hm... Well, but definitely males would look fucking epic.