Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I got two words for you.

CLASS DESIGN

I don't care if the content is trash like WOD, just give me a fun class.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I got two words for you.

CLASS DESIGN

I don't care if the content is trash like WOD, just give me a fun class.
    Yeah but if you have nothing play it against (unless you PvP a lot).

BRF was cool but that was it. I played several DPS specs back then but all I did was sit in my Garrison and cash in gazillions of gold. Granted, we'll have M+ in some form for as long as WoW is alive but my point still stands.

Everyone involved with BFA is fired. Would make anything they do going forward a better game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tangible to a lot of people, still equally meaningless. No matter how you spin it, whatever someone gives a shit about or gathers satisfaction from in this game, is equally OK and equally meaningless.

I was not aware that being on the spectrum makes us experts able to diagnose others? You use it as a punchline against someone you disagree with, not in the capacity of a professional. You can be gay and use homosexuality as a punchline too, but seeing as how it's already used as a way to put people down and stigmatize, I don't see how anyone actually in that group would want to.

Joking about it with people on the same page is different, naturally. I don't buy that as an excuse in your case commenting det though.
    Except one camp has an utmost majority of people behind it, and the other has very few.
    Clearly this means that they are both viewed as completely meaningless by both camps, no?
    If it is tangible to a majority of people, it cannot at the same time be meaningless to those same people. It doesn't really work that way.

Being on the spectrum makes it very fucking easy to notice certain behavioral patterns that coincide with people on the spectrum, you'd be a fool to deny that.
    And I am also interested in hearing how you somehow know the feelings of "that group".
    Do you feel that all gay people are just one group?
    I wasn't aware that we were that uniform.

You keep seeing it as me disagreeing aswell, which I am pretty intrigued by.
    Could you, perhaps, point out exactly where I said this. You know, in the comment where I'm happy that something as simple as a light and some music can keep him entertained for such a long period?
    I'll be happy to wait.

Until then, this just seems like you blatantly misunderstanding something and then for some reason think that your actions have any sort of impact in whether or not I should fundamentally change myself and how I behave in order to please you, as you didn't like what you read on this anonymous message board amongst the trillions already existing.
    A board that does, in fact, have an ignore function. Oh by the way, what was that term again regarding differing opinions that you used?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Yeah but if you have nothing play it against (unless you PvP a lot).

BRF was cool but that was it. I played several DPS specs back then but all I did was sit in my Garrison and cash in gazillions of gold. Granted, we'll have M+ in some form for as long as WoW is alive but my point still stands.
    Yep, bring back afk garrisons, I don't give AF.

Just make classes fun again like MOP status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Except one camp has an utmost majority of people behind it, and the other has very few.
    Clearly this means that they are both viewed as completely meaningless by both camps, no?
    If it is tangible to a majority of people, it cannot at the same time be meaningless to those same people. It doesn't really work that way.

Being on the spectrum makes it very fucking easy to notice certain behavioral patterns that coincide with people on the spectrum, you'd be a fool to deny that.
    And I am also interested in hearing how you somehow know the feelings of "that group".
    Do you feel that all gay people are just one group?
    I wasn't aware that we were that uniform.

You keep seeing it as me disagreeing aswell, which I am pretty intrigued by.
    Could you, perhaps, point out exactly where I said this. You know, in the comment where I'm happy that something as simple as a light and some music can keep him entertained for such a long period?
    I'll be happy to wait.

Until then, this just seems like you blatantly misunderstanding something and then for some reason think that your actions have any sort of impact in whether or not I should fundamentally change myself and how I behave in order to please you, as you didn't like what you read on this anonymous message board amongst the trillions already existing.
    A board that does, in fact, have an ignore function. Oh by the way, what was that term again regarding differing opinions that you used?
    Well, if you say that it wasn't meant as a slight, then I'll take your word for it, since you're the authority on yourself here.

But appealing to majority in terms of what one derives enjoyment from, remains beyond silly to me. What should anyone care that "one camp has an utmost majority" if they enjoy something else? In the end, the majority's shits given are equally meaningless if one wants to go down that route. As someone enjoying games, I don't. If someone likes the sound of a ding and flashing lights, that's just as fine as it is to pursue power upgrades or only pet battling. And no, I won't use the spectrum card. "Normies" are just as capable of enjoying the little things and going their own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    My hopes? Fire all the writers. Hire a team with experience in writing lore and world building instead of hack authors who have never worked in the medium outside of adaptations.

Then...

A complete soft reset of the story. The Alliance and Horde’re decimated with all major characters dead. Both factions are in chaos and scramble to maintain order as long-irrelevant factions like the Defias and Burning Blade cult rush to fill the vacuum of power left behind.

With our rank meaningless and our artefacts destroyed or de-powered, the player character is just another opportunist trying to make the best of the situation and re-establish their faction. Previously minor characters are suddenly important figures as the likes of Usha, Helcular, Rommath, Elling Trias and more fill the seats left empty by BfA’s devastation. Infighting and bitterness festers as former allies snap at each other’s throats for control of their faction.

Characters and plots no longer drive the story. The world of Azeroth itself does. As it should me in an MMO.

The old world is completely revamped to represent this and now scales up to level 130 (Or level squish equivalent), so you can choose from dozens of zones to level in and explore. At max level the ‘path of the titans’ opens up. It’ll basically allow you to continue earning ‘experience’ from various activities in exchange for fun utility buffs for the open world. (Think Champion points from ESO but not mandatory stat increases).

LFR is replaced with a more challenging solo scenario with a single guaranteed item at the end. Akin to the mage tower. Unlike the mage tower it won’t be deleted at the expansion’s end. Your progress in the raid is saved, so you can leave at any time and come back so its perfect for casuals while still providing a challenge and helping them learn the various mechanics.

Vendor gear comes back to offer an alternative gearing path that everyone from PvPers to raiders to Mythic+ers and even soloers can partake in.

I could probably think of more gameplay stuff eventually, but my primary concern right now is the story. So I’ll leave it at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well, if you say that it wasn't meant as a slight, then I'll take your word for it, since you're the authority on yourself here.

But appealing to majority in terms of what one derives enjoyment from, remains beyond silly to me. What should anyone care that "one camp has an utmost majority" if they enjoy something else? In the end, the majority's shits given are equally meaningless if one wants to go down that route. As someone enjoying games, I don't. If someone likes the sound of a ding and flashing lights, that's just as fine as it is to pursue power upgrades or only pet battling. And no, I won't use the spectrum card. Normies are just as capable of enjoying the little things and going their own way.
    It wasn't a slight, though it might have been a bit strangely worded as I've just come off about 6 hours worth of migraines.

I'm not saying to appeal to the majority in regards to what's most "accepted" as something to derive enjoyment from, but you can have both in this case.
    Having somewhat less levels, but filled with more character progression while also having the "ding" and the nice little beam of light would just solve the problem in both regards, it's what would be the most logical thing to do instead of trying to push the levelcap further and further.
    That's also taking into account that if you have too many "dead" levels, for lack of a better term, it starts to infringe on what the core of an MMORPG is and that is character progression in whatever aspect you might choose to devote your time to.
    It starts being a bit hard to say that you've got a well-fleshed out character progression when after half way, the only difference is the level number and health values.

But who are we to discuss design philosophies really, they've already moved to a more sparse leveling experience in order to have the game "start" at levelcap, which is not something I personally agree with but there's little I can do about it.

#1 - Agreed. Squish those levels, give us complete reign of where to level until the current max level of content, and then each expansion design around 5 more levels of leveling, not 10, so we slowly climb again before needing another squish. That would make it less intimidating to new players coming in and also would let our leveling experiences feel more rewarding since we'll actually get things every level to 3 levels instead of every 15 levels if at all.

#2 - Slightly agree. I think the classes definitely need to be redesigned so we feel like classes again, not just specs. They also need to give us back the feel of being good in certain areas and not others, but they also have to design the game to all of those areas are represented, not just one overly so vs the other. You can't have 10 bosses in a raid and 8 of them favor AoE heavy classes; that pretty much will kill the heavy single target hitters. Balance is important. It's easy to say, "Just switch classes!" but that's not how some people like to play. You shouldn't be forced to switch to a different class because Blizzard balanced your class poorly.

#3 - Agree. Random gear procs suck and frankly are stupid. Blizzard's intent is "Oh wow, a titanforge, look how lucky I am!" Unfortunately, common sense doesn't say that, instead it says, "Oh look a non titanforged piece of gear, I guess I have to keep farming for the same piece just BiS." We, as humans, focus on the negative much more than the positive and they need to keep that in mind.

#4 - Agreed. World Quests as a whole are kind of meh, they always have been. Them taking out some of the potential of areas for things like PvP though kind of hampers it even further. Likewise, I think everyone is just burnt out on crappy repeat quests of "Kill this 1 mob" or "Kill this group of mobs" or "Collect this resource." It's just not fun content, just boring grind for little reward.

#5 - Slightly agree. I think the separate leveling zones helped tell a story, but overall there wasn't enough cross interaction between the two so they just became extra work without much reward.

#6 - Agreed. Either build the zones to have little sub zones that require flying or just give it to us once we reach max level. Make it a gold sink, make it something like "Do all the quests in the zone first before you can fly here" or something else, but once we've finished a zone we're only going to hop back there to farm mats or do a WQ, there is very little fun to be had there after that point. If the concern is PvP, then make there a debuff or something else to encourage people to stay or punish those that gank and run.

#7 - Agreed. The table offers absolutely nothing to game play, it's just a shortcut method to minor conveniences for clicking a button. Just scrap it and let us, you know, play the game.

#8 - Probably my biggest agree. Gear overinflation comes from having 4 modes of these for absolutely no reason. I think OP's examples of the difficulty levels are perfect. The dungeon groups also need to have a gear ilvl capped to offer no higher than the beginning part of the Normal version raid's ilvl.

#9 - Disagree. This isn't a single player game, it's a MMO. There is plenty of content for those who wish to solo, but if you want access to the higher levels of rewards, you're going to have to step into groups and group content. Now if they want to up the difficulty of some of the world mobs to offer a better challenge in terms of soloing, then sure, but a big no to designing content exclusively for solo players.

#10 - Unnecessary. There's absolutely no point in collapsing the achievement numbers. If they want to separate them by expansion like they did with professions, sure go for it, but to take stuff out for literally no reason makes no sense. The Achievement numbers are there to show your achievements, they're not required content and you get absolutely nothing for having the most points.

Sorry, but i didn't even continued after reading "getting rid of LFR"

LFR is for me one of the most important features of the game. While we can totally discuss about removing the LFR difficulty; i don't have the time anymore to look for a hour for a group; no thanks.

What i personally would want to get rid of is the LFR-Easymode-Difficulty. Since Voice Chat is now in WoW included; remove the LFR-Easymode and include Normal Mode to be playable with LFR. I would keep the wipe-protection buff; that's totally enough to let LFR be still playable even in normal mode.

So calling again and again for an lfr-nerf that will never come: how about thinking of things that would bring players back.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-05-04 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is this "spectrum"? And your bells and whistles? What rewards do you need? Want?

You will spend 15 hrs straight any which way..unless your idea of a lv squish is also reducing the time to max level. But that won't happen. Come to think of it...what are these 15 hrs you talk about?

I already told you it took me 48 hrs to lv 104. And I don't need to go all out cynic to tell you Blizzard will not reduce time to max level. Make lv 120 the new lv 60..and it will still take the same amount played.

It will probably sell boosts faster...because now you need twice the time for the "ding". Great idea there.
    I don't care about the amount of time played, but rather what you get with each level.
    Back when we had the 51 point talent tree, sure you didn't get much each level but you got something each level.

Now we're down to getting that "something" once every 15 levels, and since they've also been pruning abilities, we get less abilities when leveling up aswell.
    Ret Paladins for example, get two baseline abilities between lvl 75 and 120.

7+ Year Old Account
    The theme being..what? Asian and Pandarian? How sad people can be. But theme is a big thing. Theme and stories..lore and all that...just look at all the ridicule storytelling gets.
    MOp was the first expansion i rly start going deep in community and yes, most of hate was about how shit the game become coping "kung fu panda" and how asian theme do not combine with wow
    And if MoP got hate for dailies..well..they stayed with us, didn't they? Also now they got "worse".
    yeah, i prefer the mop dailies than the world quests, they could even combine with the chest reward, but i rly dislike the system now

Well..at least there is a currency that guarantees me two mounts after I grinded out 1000 of a currency.
    and the classes were actually fun to play, most of then, so the grind was not shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    MOp was the first expansion i rly start going deep in community and yes, most of hate was about how shit the game become coping "kung fu panda" and how asian theme do not combine with wow

yeah, i prefer the mop dailies than the world quests, they could even combine with the chest reward, but i rly dislike the system now

and the classes were actually fun to play, most of then, so the grind was not shit.
    We take things for granted i'll tell you that lol.

You think X expansion sucks while its in retail, just wait until the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    We take things for granted i'll tell you that lol.

You think X expansion sucks while its in retail, just wait until the next expansion.
    Maybe, but i think MOP was good in MOP time, and still find Legion shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I guess that is a fundamental idea though. I understand what you mean. But to put it in perspective for me as a warlock in Classic...I didn't really care of this one talent point per level, because even as a n00b I could see through the wool they pulled over my eyes. 1 point in corruption every level to make a talent instant after 5 points that should have been instant from the get go.

And all I wanted was those points in Nightfall eventually.

At the end of they day...you will get there any which way....be it that one point that you can spend at every level, giving you the illusion of choice...or after 15 levels. Honestly...the two systems we had and now have are marginally different and really not worth getting into a fight over.
    I agree that each system is barely different and not worth fighting over at all, I just personally preferred the illusion and marginal progression each level over the strong progression bump every 15 levels.
    To each his own however, some people prefer the new system and some prefer the old.

As a warlock main from back then, finally getting to Nightfall blew my socks off.
    Spent a lot of time in Vanilla doing PvP as Nightfall/Conflag.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Maybe, but i think MOP was good in MOP time, and still find Legion shit
    Ya, i never found MOP's theme to be bothersome.

The lore was definitely different, completely neutral, and off-topic.

But guess what, I enjoyed playing my class and that's what mattered.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1. no that is a bad idea, it invalidates all the work that they put into smoothing out the levelling process. with heirlooms it doesn't take that long anyway.
    2. yes I agree
    3. no that is some of the fun part of the gear
    4. the only thing I agree with there is that the rep should be higher per world quest. Legion WQ's gave you more rep depending on the type of quest (rare, dungeon etc)
    5. I actually liked that. it really separated the story out a bit - previous expansions had you basically following near identical storylines, save for a zone here or there. also, you did do a bit of each opposite faction zone as part of the war campaign which was only restricted by your level, not rep
    6. that is what they are doing currently - flying requires achievements to unlock, I don't see your point here
    7. mission tables are a boost to gold, rep etc - nothing wrong with that
    8. the difficulties are there for people who want a challenge, it is a good system currently and should not be tinkered with.
    9. there is heaps of solo play in the game..... it's called questing, and world quests. and people don't do LFR for a challenge.
    10. why? why change it, just leave it as it is

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing wrong the achievement system. They are an extra thing to do for fun, and have no effect on character progression. There's absolutely no reason to change everything just because a new player has to start from 0... Your reason really makes no sense...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

More focus on classes, like we had in Legion.

1. Continue to increase the character level.

We don't need a level squish or paragon levels. Leveling takes 2 days /played at most and players get a boost with the expansion to catch up if they're behind. What we need is a cosmetic reward system similar to honor levels.

2. Expand on random gear procs.

Titanforging is good for the game and so are tertiary stats. Add more, specifically some that benefit leveling alts. A couple of examples could be +exp on leveling gear(though not as much as hairlooms obviously) and decrease on rez timer.

3. Add world quests to low level zones.

Not for max level players (though that would be good too), but for low level characters as another sporadic means of gaining exp to mix up the usual questing/dungeoning.

4. Expand on the mission table system.

Add missions that affect the world around you by temporarily granting you a buff in a certain zone or opening up certain parts of a zone that are particularly lucrative. Make it a more meaningful choice as well. Three missions come up, all with decent benefits, but you're only able to pick one of them.

5. Continue to add more achievements and achievement rewards.

Achievements are a great incentive for new players to go back and take a look at old content.

6. Player housing.

Self-explanatory. It isn't the MoP farm and it isn't Garrisons. It's player housing.

7. Get rid of the faction divide for PvE and RP purposes.

Again, self-explanatory. Even world PvP and arenas should have a FFA option that lets you ignore factions. Battlegrounds are the only place the faction divide makes any sense.